8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
81f3c69b6efebf812b2158a8d4b0ba9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SillyGoose, Henno005, NevMan and 1 other person
81f3c69b6efebf812b2158a8d4b0ba9d.jpg

So they don’t seem to have pushed past the 400bhp mark which is a shame but unsurprising given how their finger has just not been anywhere near the pulse for 18+ months now

Likely to still sell plenty as many will want the last “normal” RS model

If its not faster than the A45S why have they took so long to release it ? Waste of time and market share if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Difficult to tell how the front end will really look but to my eyes its very like the RSQ8/Q8 .....when l look at that front end all l see is THEM headlamps very little bumper but you really have got to get over that interior and for a £60k plus car you'd really need to be wearing RS Rose tinted Glasses and that rear bumper **** me gently guess they just ran out of ideas.... well guys we'll just extend those stupid fake vents right across the rear bumper Things is there's tens of thousands of RS3 saddos wearing such glasses who'll get one just because of them 2 letters...they should put the letter A....before the RS....ALL just my opinion of course but that aside anyone wanting one of these should expect it next spring at the very least.....Audi are in dire straits with A3/S3 at the moment a year on from it's launch the RS3 will be no different

Reactions: NevMan and Kayobong
I think people will be surprised how quick this thing is and how well it drives!.... it wont be the quickest in a straight line, but watch this thing go round corners.... I also think most will probably say it`s the best RS3 Audi yet!..... extended wheel arches, 405bhp - 412bhp..... you will also notice the quality upgraded throught the cabin, with higher quality materials used from the other A3/S3 cars....it will feel premium.....and it ANY color the car will look aggressive due to its `beefed up` body shape and added air inlets. The saloon version now includes a rear spoiler.
This will be a very interesting car and in my opinion will be Audi`s best yet.

People gripe about how the quality of the Audi interiors(and other cars) have got worse and are not `like they used to be!`.....yes thats because you now do not use ivory dials or sit on some leather stripped from some animal, or a dashboard made of some croc!!.....times have changed and so have car companies approach to building cars.....if my seats look like leather yet come from recycled plastic bottles...i am cool with that as long as it lasts like leather did.....and in most cases it does.

Reactions: STmichael and Q5 TRS
Cant recall any of the Audis Ive had over the last 15 years having ivory dials, or a dashboard made of some croc! - which model(s) were you specifically referring to?

The reality is all things are engineered to a price point. All manufacturers continuously look to cut costs through combinations of simplifying the manufacturing process, the engineering / software product itself or the materials used in the manufacturing process. VW have been quite open about their intentions to cut costs across the group. Audi is not exempt from this and many long term owners are noticing the subtler changes where costs have been cut.

There are plenty of press articles about the problems being faced by owners with the software that is shared between the different brands within 5he group. Only time will tell if quality of the physical components is being compromised or not. Most people are willing to pay more a premium product and service. The challenge for Audi is it now regularly appears at the wrong end of car reliability tables and at best customer service is largely hit and miss depending on what dealer you happen to use.

whether the new RS3 is the best yet I’ll reserve judgement and pass comment until after I’ve driven it.

Last edited:
Reactions: glospete and Jassyo06

looks good to me, I think some of the proportions start to make sense on the RS. It’s like they started with the RS design and worked backwards to the S3 and A3.

I think it looks cool, will be interesting to see the price level they've gone in at and whether the interior is significantly different.

I'm fully expecting it to be a slightly different steering wheel with more sporty seats but other than that not sure what else they would change. Perhaps the animations on the virtual cockpit?

Interestingly the lack of matrix lights to me would suggest the potential for an rs3 vorsprung where all the extras are included.

I'm sure the price will be hefty though lol

I think it looks cool, will be interesting to see the price level they've gone in at and whether the interior is significantly different.

well if the pricing of the new Golf here in Australia is any indication of where the RS3 might be, the pricing will be quite ridiculous.
The A45s was already significantly more expensive than the old RS3, so assume Audi will price it at least in the ballpark of that.

I'm fully expecting it to be a slightly different steering wheel with more sporty seats but other than that not sure what else they would change. Perhaps the animations on the virtual cockpit?

Interestingly the lack of matrix lights to me would suggest the potential for an rs3 vorsprung where all the extras are included.

I wouldnt expect it to be radically different, RS interiors are usually pretty similar to other trims with some RS badging on the steering wheel, centre consol etc. Might be some carbon fibre trim bits add3d into the mix. Would expect to see a flat bottomed steering wheel and the usual RS logo sports seats .

VC will have an RS specific display, be interesting to see if they stick with the central dial combining the Rev counter and the speedo or go with the newer “moving line” version. If it follows other RS models there should also be additional displays for power / torque etc + RS drive select modes.

Be interesting to see how many trim levels will be available at launch but cant anyone getting any change from £50’k+ for a base model and £57k- £60k for a Vorsprung

I expect pricing to be around the same as the current version.
Trim and engine options will be the same until you go for the performance edition rs3 that should give you around 448bhp with a 0-60 time of around 3.5secs.
The standard car should give you around 407bhp with a 0-60mph in around 4.8secs.....
All cars will get a 48v electric source to cope with the additional fuel usage and remove any turbo lag.
I expect the car to be a scary mofo in performance edition, prices will be nearer to 80k for the works....but expect it to give the current rs4 and rs5 a rear view of it due to the size and weight of the new rs3..... not long to wait now.
plenty of renders out there of what the car will look like in final production, but I do not expect it to drift away from Audi`s current line up of A3`s.
Home audi rs3 750x410

I expect pricing to be around the same as the current version.
Trim and engine options will be the same until you go for the performance edition rs3 that should give you around 448bhp with a 0-60 time of around 3.5secs.
The standard car should give you around 407bhp with a 0-60mph in around 4.8secs.....
All cars will get a 48v electric source to cope with the additional fuel usage and remove any turbo lag.
I expect the car to be a scary mofo in performance edition, prices will be nearer to 80k for the works....but expect it to give the current rs4 and rs5 a rear view of it due to the size and weight of the new rs3..... not long to wait now.
plenty of renders out there of what the car will look like in final production, but I do not expect it to drift away from Audi`s current line up of A3`s.
View attachment 238325
"The standard car should have around 407 ps and 0-60 time of 4-8 secs" so slower than a 306 bhp S3
"£80k for the works' around £30k more expensive than the base RS3
Performance edition????interesting as their aint one RS Performance model available in any other RS model line 48 v mild hybrid adds roughly another 80kg
Your just blowing hot air over a keyboard

Reactions: 8YARWY, Frizzley and JonD999
"The standard car should have around 407 ps and 0-60 time of 4-8 secs" so slower than a 306 bhp S3
"£80k for the works' around £30k more expensive than the base RS3
Performance edition????interesting as their aint one RS Performance model available in any other RS model line 48 v mild hybrid adds roughly another 80kg
Your just blowing hot air over a keyboard
Yes according to you I am blowing hot air.....seems these guys are also blowing hot air also!....seems you know more than everyone!....what a moby.
do some research on the model before you type you BS.

"The legendary inline five-cylinder engine is likely to live its last ever years in the 2021 Audi RS3, so Audi Sport engineers might have added a 48-volt mild-hybrid system to quench some of its first for fuel while also providing less turbo lag."

Yes according to you I am blowing hot air.....seems these guys are also blowing hot air also!....seems you know more than everyone!....what a moby.
do some research on the model before you type you BS.

"The legendary inline five-cylinder engine is likely to live its last ever years in the 2021 Audi RS3, so Audi Sport engineers might have added a 48-volt mild-hybrid system to quench some of its first for fuel while also providing less turbo lag."

Your name calling is getting tediously boring and l aint gonna lower myself to your level but obviously you believe all the hype surrounding this potential £80,000 8Y hot hatch,your attitude is the same across all the threads you post on so I'll let you keep on thinking/posting you know it all

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Rumour is a performance version too with more power to be released later.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Your name calling is getting tediously boring and l aint gonna lower myself to your level but obviously you believe all the hype surrounding this potential £80,000 8Y hot hatch,your attitude is the same across all the threads you post on so I'll let you keep on thinking/posting you know it all

:blahblah1:..... From the guy who forgets his own posts!!!.......
I posted useful information(not mine!) that might be helpful to prospective buyers, and you comment that I am `blowing air`.....from the guy with the ford focus!...
wind your neck in sunbeam and think before you type, you have time to read, it`s not like you are talking,,,so take your time and read the article, or get someone to read it for you if can`t...you can even google some of the longer words for the meaning if you struggle with that....oh I forgot you are Mr Audi here and do not agree unless smoke is being blown up your A... :tearsofjoy:
Seems you just like to `poke` for attention, try and get out more it will do you good....since I joined the forum the only person I have had an issue with is...You!....it appears a few others have also....So from now on it`s easier to ignore your BS than bother to reply, you probably do not have the IQ to understand 80% of it so I am, along with others waisting my fingers typing to a moby.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS, LesleyG, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I posted useful information(not mine!) that might be helpful to prospective buyers, and you comment that I am `blowing air`.....from the guy with the ford focus!...
wind your neck in sunbeam and think before you type, you have time to read, it`s not like you are talking,,,so take your time and read the article, or get someone to read it for you if can`t...you can even google some of the longer words for the meaning if you struggle with that....oh I forgot you are Mr Audi here and do not agree unless smoke is being blown up your A... :tearsofjoy:
Seems you just like to `poke` for attention, try and get out more it will do you good....since I joined the forum the only person I have had an issue with is...You!....it appears a few others have also....So from now on it`s easier to ignore your BS than bother to reply, you probably do not have the IQ to understand 80% of it so I am, along with others waisting my fingers typing to a moby.
Couldn’t of said it better myself. This is a cracking site with invaluable information and members who just want to help each other with their issues and complement them on their mods etc.
Then along comes the bully boy! To be honest I enjoy pulling him up on his s*** and that is not me as a appreciate everyone’s opinion good or bad, right or wrong but this guy just gets my goat. As I new member I believe this will lead to other new members turning away from the site. As a member of a few forums over the years I have never known anyone like him. He’s like that annoying fly that keeps buzzing around your head that you just cannot swat. It’s time that the admin came along with a can of fly spray and eradicated him once and for all!
The administrators need to look at his constant bullying and forced comments and either slap his wrists and tell me to ‘reel it in’ or better still stop him posting on the 8Y section.

Reactions: SillyGoose, JDHOWELLS and LesleyG
Go and rave how good your "8Y" is... at the end of the day it's "JUST" a A3 ...ergo

Reactions: NevMan
‘Just an A3’ you say ?
Who are you to decide ‘just’ ?
Not everybody can afford to drive a Bentley or a Rolls Royce you know.
’Just‘ an A3 is the dream car choice of many motorists on normal people budgets, including me.
We can’t all aspire to the lofty heights of TT ownership like you Jassy.

Reactions: Jassyo06, JezzaA and auzzam_crd
‘Just an A3’ you say ?
Who are you to decide ‘just’ ?
Not everybody can afford to drive a Bentley or a Rolls Royce you know.
’Just‘ an A3 is the dream car choice of many motorists on normal people budgets, including me.
We can’t all aspire to the lofty heights of TT ownership like you Jassy.

You misinterpret my point "ONLY AN A3" nobody would pay "as another member suggested £80k for an A3"..??? When you can buy a 911 for that amount and/or any other performance car. I have no illusions of my car it's an 8 year old design and overpriced and it's far from perfect was even thinking of selling it as l hate the colour
Dream car for a lot people fair point but it's not the Automotive second coming of Christ as another member likes to portray it as
The 8Y has been overlooked by Audi in my opinion and a WHOLE lot of other people it is a half hearted attempt at a new model it's a sad day when BMW and to an extent Mercedes have better quality interiors than the Audi A3 that is a fact....Prior to the 8Y Most people purchased the Audi A3 solely for its interior build quality "plus it was a great looking car" but as some A3 8y owners say..... it's a sign of the times with car makers that build quality has to drop... that's not true it's an Audi issue with cost cutting throughout its new model range due to Dieselgate so they've passed the cost cutting on to the punters
Another Example of Audi over looking their A3 is giving the FLAGSHIP S3" as it stands ATM the 310ps variant of the EA888 engine...the Golf R gets the 320 ps variant as does My 8 year old designed TTS ....Last year all the motoring press sites posted the new 8Y S3 would have 335 bhp = RUMOURS is this research? NO it's just RUMOUR CONTROL.... when the 8Y was introduced last year I owned a lovely 310 ps S3 saloon fully loaded with an exclusive paint l thought yeah same again for the 8Y S3 but how unhappy was i when l saw the new 8Y S3 last year....They just offered a chrome a trimmed S3 ...NO black styling pack...NO upgrade to Magnetic damper control no upgrade to a 12-3" virtual cockpit just the 10-5" VC from a A1 etc etc straight away it was obvious what Audi where doing in the UK....=Slim pickings Go configure the S3 in Germany= there is far more individual customization on What options/model designations you can get ie Edition 1 S3 for example see it on the German site These options will come to the UK in a year or so maybe MY2022 most probably...am guessing there not a RUMOUR probably before the 8Y face lift is introduced

Audi will not install more power in A RS3 over and above the RS4,RS5 fact....that's just wish full thinking on behalf of past 8v/wannabe new 8y RS3 owners Audi are old school when it comes to the power pecking order as it would take a lot sales away from the far more lucrative expensively optioned RS models

Most profit made in RS models is in optional extras hence the same option you get in A RS3 gets more expensive as go up the model range My son has sold Audi cars for over 7 years in total

There will be subtle changes inside the RS3 over and above the S3 as always "As is the Audi way" but they wont be a huge change as that would cost more in production costs Audi as always will save the best til last ie the face lift models fact

You misinterpret my point "ONLY AN A3" nobody would pay "as another member suggested £80k for an A3"..??? When you can buy a 911 for that amount and/or any other performance car. I have no illusions of my car it's an 8 year old design and overpriced and it's far from perfect was even thinking of selling it as l hate the colour
Dream car for a lot people fair point but it's not the Automotive second coming of Christ as another member likes to portray it as
The 8Y has been overlooked by Audi in my opinion and a WHOLE lot of other people it is a half hearted attempt at a new model it's a sad day when BMW and to an extent Mercedes have better quality interiors than the Audi A3 that is a fact....Prior to the 8Y Most people purchased the Audi A3 solely for its interior build quality "plus it was a great looking car" but as some A3 8y owners say..... it's a sign of the times with car makers that build quality has to drop... that's not true it's an Audi issue with cost cutting throughout its new model range due to Dieselgate so they've passed the cost cutting on to the punters
Another Example of Audi over looking their A3 is giving the FLAGSHIP S3" as it stands ATM the 310ps variant of the EA888 engine...the Golf R gets the 320 ps variant as does My 8 year old designed TTS ....Last year all the motoring press sites posted the new 8Y S3 would have 335 bhp = RUMOURS is this research? NO it's just RUMOUR CONTROL.... when the 8Y was introduced last year I owned a lovely 310 ps S3 saloon fully loaded with an exclusive paint l thought yeah same again for the 8Y S3 but how unhappy was i when l saw the new 8Y S3 last year....They just offered a chrome a trimmed S3 ...NO black styling pack...NO upgrade to Magnetic damper control no upgrade to a 12-3" virtual cockpit just the 10-5" VC from a A1 etc etc straight away it was obvious what Audi where doing in the UK....=Slim pickings Go configure the S3 in Germany= there is far more individual customization on What options/model designations you can get ie Edition 1 S3 for example see it on the German site These options will come to the UK in a year or so maybe MY2022 most probably...am guessing there not a RUMOUR probably before the 8Y face lift is introduced

Audi will not install more power in A RS3 over and above the RS4,RS5 fact....that's just wish full thinking on behalf of past 8v/wannabe new 8y RS3 owners Audi are old school when it comes to the power pecking order as it would take a lot sales away from the far more lucrative expensively optioned RS models

Most profit made in RS models is in optional extras hence the same option you get in A RS3 gets more expensive as go up the model range My son has sold Audi cars for over 7 years in total

There will be subtle changes inside the RS3 over and above the S3 as always "As is the Audi way" but they wont be a huge change as that would cost more in production costs Audi as always will save the best til last ie the face lift models fact
Ok, fair enough, i misinterpreted your point, but let me give you a hand down from that high horse you’re stuck on about 8ys…. :smug:

Reactions: Brian Leslie, STmichael and JDHOWELLS
Genuinely ****** myself about the comment about name calling yet he calls potential buyers of this platform saddos. Never a decent thing to say about much. :blink:

Reactions: Brian Leslie and JDHOWELLS
Genuinely ****** myself about the comment about name calling yet he calls potential buyers of this platform saddos. Never a decent thing to say about much. :blink:
Yea he sure has a lot to say about a car he doesn’t even own !
Is there a mute button on this thing ……. :haha:

^^ there is an Ignore button *whistle*

I have a few on here on Ignore, certainly makes for a more relaxing time.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Dude you’ve got your head so far up your Ahole you can chew your food twice....... now go and sit in your focus you plantpot.....
So funny how he knows more than the engineers at VW.....50 sheets says his family are now experts coz this moby repeats himself like parrot on wizz.... have a day off mate it will do ya good!
..... and yes I agree with ALL of you who messaged me about this tard....sry I did not reply to everyone....but have to be honest if this is all you have here then its not too bad, some of the other forums are brutal, but a laugh......
Anyone with a pic of Don Johnson on a profile then you don`t need to wait for them to type to know you are probably about to enter a conversation with a bell end.

• Haha
Reactions: Q5 TRS, HulkRS3, Brian Leslie and 3 others
Dude you’ve got your head so far up your Ahole you can chew your food twice....... now go and sit in your focus you plantpot.....
So funny how he knows more than the engineers at VW.....50 sheets says his family are now experts coz this moby repeats himself like parrot on wizz.... have a day off mate it will do ya good!
..... and yes I agree with ALL of you who messaged me about this tard....sry I did not reply to everyone....but have to be honest if this is all you have here then its not too bad, some of the other forums are brutal, but a laugh......
Anyone with a pic of Don Johnson on a profile then you don`t need to wait for them to type to know you are probably about to enter a conversation with a bell end.
If you have a problem with another member, press the ignore button. This is a forum not a playground. Please take the time to refresh yourself with the forum rules.

1) Personal abuse of other Audi-Sport.net members is not permitted. If you disagree with something another member says, by all means discuss the topic with them and use whatever facts and evidence you wish to support your views. Personal abuse/attacks only suggest that you cannot support your views in any other way. Behaviour of this type will not be tolerated. For the protection of all members we operate a simple and discreet post reporting system which, within a couple of clicks, notifies Administrators/Moderators to unsuitable content so that action can be taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi1966, Brian Leslie, 8YARWY and 2 others
Yea he sure has a lot to say about a car he doesn’t even own !
Is there a mute button on this thing ……. :haha:

Yes you can mute him, makes the forum a far nicer place to visit..

Reactions: Q5 TRS, Jassyo06, LesleyG and 2 others

Your never ON here unless it's to bad mouth me....you go and do one boy....

I think the rear bumper looks much better than the one say in the rs6. The rs6 is so pronounced it’s practically a set of eyebrows or monobrow it just looks out of place. At least the RS3 is black and goes with the design.

Wonder if he’ll get a badge for most ignored member

• Haha
Reactions: STmichael and JDHOWELLS
Difficult to tell how the front end will really look but to my eyes its very like the RSQ8/Q8 .....when l look at that front end all l see is THEM headlamps very little bumper but you really have got to get over that interior and for a £60k plus car you'd really need to be wearing RS Rose tinted Glasses and that rear bumper **** me gently guess they just ran out of ideas.... well guys we'll just extend those stupid fake vents right across the rear bumper Things is there's tens of thousands of RS3 saddos wearing such glasses who'll get one just because of them 2 letters...they should put the letter A....before the RS....ALL just my opinion of course but that aside anyone wanting one of these should expect it next spring at the very least.....Audi are in dire straits with A3/S3 at the moment a year on from it's launch the RS3 will be no different
Why are audi in dire straights with the a3 and s3?

I don't like the look of this generation, let's see when launch comes.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

you dont like look of if and i love it :) that new gen its very nice but materials used quality are poor