New rules!!!

Thats a bit harsh,mind you isn't a speedo so many percent off so you could be okay

Reactions: Audi33
Cash Cow .

Keep looking at the speedo and you'll crash your car .

You would have to constantly be looking at the speedometer.

Ridiculous. No safety here, only money - making tactics. :whip:

Definite cash cow. it's going to get to a point that acidents will go up due to speed cameras etc, then they'll still blame it on speed and lower speed limits instead.

I have a fair bit to do with police at work here in Sydney. Our coppers tend to use a bit of a general rule of 5% plus 3 over is kind of OK. 80 km limit = 87 etc. I think the fixed cameras here have something like a 5% leeway. We do not have anywhere near as many cameras like your roads. Hadn't been in the UK for a no. of years and I was in Stoke earlier this year. Geez they're like mushrooms. They must cause more crashes than anything else. If your not watching your speedo your looking for cameras or their signs. And thats not going quick.

Last edited:
Very true, I find myself constantly checking my speed to and from work on the m42 with miles and miles of variable speed limit cameras. I genuinly believe I spend half my time looking and my dash rather than the road. Not safe what so ever.

It's not like other roads that you can stick the cruise on and relax as the speed limit changes between the cameras that seems to be every half mile