New S1 replacing RS3

Mr_Freeze

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I’ve dropped from a 2012 RS3 to a 2018 S1.
This is Day 1 and I’ve only driven it from the stealers to home, but I already feel I can have fun with this.
Yes it doesn’t have the power of the 3 but I’d liken it to driving a really fast go cart already.
Anyway as a new owner, any pointers on what issues it may have or what problems they suffer from?
It’s a Yellow Competition with Satnav, heated sport seats, Quattro interior styling pack, High beam assist.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Sandra, Kelza and 1 other person
Nice spec! I'm new to the Audi scene myself having bought our S1 a few months ago but I have already learned that clutches are a weak point with reports of standard clutches failing even at 10k miles. The solution appears to be a Sachs organic clutch that'll handle 300+bhp apparently. No issues with mine yet but something to bear in mind. Enjoy the car!

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
My OEM clutch was ok until I went stage 1 remap, then it lasted two weeks before it slipped :)

I'd read about the OEM clutches not lasting under additional torque/bhp and had set the cash aside for the Sachs Organic clutch - no issues since I've had this done and I think they're good for over 400bhp, although I don't intend to go there ;)

Reactions: Johnny 99
Congrats - I know what you mean about the S1, it sort of gets under your skin and the size of it really plays to it's strengths... I have a new RS5 as a daily also, however the way the S1 goes around corners just puts a smile on your face. I put some H&R sport springs on mine and some spacers, transforms the look of the car and clearly the handling.. I was standing back admiring the S1 the other day, it really is a handsomely designed little car!!

G

Reactions: Mr_Freeze and Johnny 99
Congrats! I've also switched from an RS3 (2018 8V.2) and don't regret it. RS3 is a great car, sounds magnificant, but the way the S1 makes you feel and engages you as a driver just doesn't compare.

Well that's made me think - I was planing to look at the RS3 as an eventual replacement for the S1, that or an A45. I guess I'll now more after a test drive or two.

I test drove the S3 and the S1 and much preferred the way the S1 drives, maybe I will have the same feeling when I drive an RS3?

Don’t get me wrong the RS3 is an awesome machine. Mine was mapped to 400bhp and it felt like I could take on just about anything. If I had a spare £54k or so I might’ve got another, but that price is silly.
Going back to your comments, if you bought an S3, as I initially did, then if you got a drive in a RS you would certainly want one as the difference is amazing. With me dropping from a RS I had to get something that was different that I couldn’t compare to it. The answer was the S1. First off there is no RS1 so nothing to temp me there and the driving is so much more involved. Some might say that’s a bad thing, but it’s fun.

E3AF05ED 3981 4EB0 AF76 6BC766828AEF
Bumblebee.

Reactions: Sandra and Johnny 99
Wow, stunning car, stunning colour, very nice location. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy :)

Looks great! Visually the new A1 looks bigger than the old model, is there much in it size wise?

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve squeezed a bit more room in the new one, I don’t know the actual dimensions but you hardly notice unless you put both side by side.
I really like the styling on the wife’s and the interior with the virtual cockpit it light years ahead of mine. If a S1 comes out I’d be really interested in checking it out,

They’ve squeezed a bit more room in the new one, I don’t know the actual dimensions but you hardly notice unless you put both side by side.
I really like the styling on the wife’s and the interior with the virtual cockpit it light years ahead of mine. If a S1 comes out I’d be really interested in checking it out,
I had a look at the new A1 when I picked up my S1. I liked the design both inside and out, but the plastics definitely seem to have taken a backward step.