New S1 troubles now needs new bumper

andy l

Reaction score
Picked up my new S1 on the 6th March.
I don't think Audi's quality checks are what they use to be.
When i picked it scratches on front bumper, front passenger seat leather all marked, nearside sideskirt different colour to the rest of the vehicle and the rear reg plate wonky.
In direct sunlight the rear bumper has a manufacturer issue it's all uneven and Audi have agreed it's requires a replacement under warranty.
So new bumper on its way!!
So advice guys/ladies scrutinize your new car!!!

Picked up my new S1 on the 6th March.
I don't think Audi's quality checks are what they use to be.
When i picked it scratches on front bumper, front passenger seat leather all marked, nearside sideskirt different colour to the rest of the vehicle and the rear reg plate wonky.
In direct sunlight the rear bumper has a manufacturer issue it's all uneven and Audi have agreed it's requires a replacement under warranty.
So new bumper on its way!!
So advice guys/ladies scrutinize your new car!!!
This doesn't make good reading! Have you any fears about this being related to potential accident damage?

Don't think so just think I've got a Monday morning Friday afternoon car.
The rear bumper looks looks all dented with about 10 compression marks it's either been to close to another vehicle in transit or a manufacture issue.
You can only see it in direct sunlight to be fair Audi jct 600 at York have been great.
I got a free Audi Quattro gear knob last week due to the hassle as well as electric folding mirrors and heated seats in the deal
I've also been promised a R8 for a weekend so not to bad.

Sorry to hear that! Hope it all gets sorted soon!

Our S1 is in at the moment and I have asked them to look at the rear bumper whilst they have it as we have also noticed the same imperfection in the rear bumper. It can only be seen in bright light but it is definitely there. It looks like an imperfection in the moulding. Fingers crossed they can see it too!

I took it yesterday absolutely no arguing the warranty controller admitted it was not right and immediately but a warranty claim in.
If you have any issues with it I took mine to JCT 600 at York I'm awaiting a new rear bumper.
Yes agree looks like an imperfection in the moulding process I think it looks worse because I have Daytona grey or pearlescent paint.
Good luck

I took it yesterday absolutely no arguing the warranty controller admitted it was not right and immediately but a warranty claim in.
If you have any issues with it I took mine to JCT 600 at York I'm awaiting a new rear bumper.
Yes agree looks like an imperfection in the moulding process I think it looks worse because I have Daytona grey or pearlescent paint.
Good luck

Thanks Andy,
The only problem might be is that we have had the car 18 months and didn't bother getting it looked at sooner.
It stands out like a sore thumb when the car is nice and clean. Ours is Sepang Blue.
All the best.

Most S1's I see have a couple of dimples/shallow spots in the middle of the rear bumper. Very common if thats what you're referring to.

Sorry to hear you've had some issues, hope you get them sorted mate!