New S3 Black Edition - Ibis out, Sprint Blue in

RicoS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!
Reaction score
Where to start? I purchased a 10 month old Ibis 8P S3 in October last year, was overjoyed, big smiles. Almost immediately however, things started to go wrong. I won't go into detail, but the car was wrong for whatever reason, into Audi 6 times in 6 weeks and I basically lost all confidence in it, so spoke to Audi and they were great. Worked out a deal - hold onto the Ibis and replace with a new S3 in March 2010.

Well it's here. Some pics from earlier today when I picked it up and then a few from when it was updated

Just after the pick up:
New_front.jpg

New_side.jpg

New_rear.jpg

A few new bits:
Springs...
Spring2.jpg

Rims...
CK.jpg

And this is what she's ended up like:
New_done1.jpg

New_done2.jpg

Popped out and met up with Carl (Japper) this afternoon for a couple of pics of the new cars in the Sun, tidy min.
S3s_2.jpg

S3s_1-1.jpg

S3s_3.jpg

S3s_4.jpg

One of the interior:
Interior.jpg

Piano inlays are getting changed for brushed aluminium as that's what I'd specced. Goes back in next week. Piano are poor.

I've only dropped it 25mm and the rims are BBS CK 19" in anthracite. I like the standard alloy colour and thought these would be a bit different. It certainly stands out. Weapon. :ninja:

Cheers all :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Looks really good... :icon_thumright:

Can't wait to collect mine later this month so I can join in the sun fun, it's gonna be awesome!

Duthie park looks deserted in the background! lol.

Love those wheels against sprint blue, awesome looking!

Congrats on the new car...

Very nice mate. Love the colour/wheel combination for both S3's.

Glad to see that you specced the buckets...my only regret...

very nice. love sprint blue, but must say, those wheels and color are perfect match!!

looking good mate , the wheels dont suit the colour though , would look loads better on mine !!:o.k:

Loving the sprint blue and so pleased you ditched the standard BE rims, anthracite looks amazing :)

Wheels would look great on Carls car!

Think they look better on Sprint. Compare Rico's with mattandrews and you can make your own choice.

Look s mint Rich, and great to meet up again for pics and a blather.

Both cars look good! :icon_thumright:

Glad you posted about the inlays - I'm presuming mine will come with the black inlays also but i'll be making sure they are changed for aluminium too as that whats I ordered! The BE wheels look better than what I thought on the S3 but i've also asked for mine to be changed back to the standard silver ones.

Still got 2 weeks to wait for mine - rather jealous at the moment!!

Last edited:
Wow those BBS's look the business - especially the anthracite. If I can't get hold of decent RS4 19" titanium then it might have to be BBS. Thanks for postings these up. :salute:

Looking good. Love those bbs rims in that colour!

Cheers all for the comments, I am very pleased with how it looks now. N8, almost forgot the pics of the buckets for you!

Lake_m, the CK's in anthracite are discontinued, but I think PW Motorsport and Rimstyle had 1 set each left in stock. Otherwise I'd poss try contact BBS in Germany.

Both cars look good! :icon_thumright:

Glad you posted about the inlays - I'm presuming mine will come with the black inlays also but i'll be making sure they are changed for aluminium too as that whats I ordered! The BE wheels look better than what I thought on the S3 but i've also asked for mine to be changed back to the standard silver ones.

Still got 2 weeks to wait for mine - rather jealous at the moment!!

If you're local in Scotland then i'd like to swap my OEM wheels ( took off at delivery for the BBS rims above ) for your BE OEM rims !

Cheers all for the comments, I am very pleased with how it looks now. N8, almost forgot the pics of the buckets for you!

Lake_m, the CK's in anthracite are discontinued, but I think PW Motorsport and Rimstyle had 1 set each left in stock. Otherwise I'd poss try contact BBS in Germany.

Lake_m - If you do need to contact BBS Germany, let me know and i'll PM you Claudia's direct e.mail address. Very helpful lady.

the buckets!!!:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

looks lovely mate! wheels are perfect!!!! :icon_thumright:

Stunning motor, love what you have done to it already!

Cheers again for all the comments. Search for mattandrew's car as he has the CK anthracite 19's on his Ibis, looks very tidy I have to admit.

Having gone from the Ibis to Sprint Blue, I was unsure about anthracite against it, especially when DeckedS3 came out with the Meteor Grey and silver CK's, lovely combo. But all in all, I'm extremely happy with the way she looks right now. I will admit to being very careful around any hill or incline, it looks so low. I know some folk will say it could go lower, but I've never lowered a car before and 25mm seems just right.

As I mentioned earlier, anthracite CK's in 19" are looking extremely rare now, well new anyway, so maybe 2nd hand is the only option on these or direct from Germany.

Beautiful car.............. loving the wheels as well . I bought the last set of CK's that were left in UK I believe. Just need to take delivery of my car to get them on. Mine will be going on Suzuka Grey SB BE, so hope it looks as good as yours :icon_thumright:

Yip, Suzuka will look extremely tidy. BBS must love this forum.

Looks mint, not keen on the black edition rims tho, sometimes wish I had got sprint blue but it was similar to my last R32 blue & I always wanted a white S3 but now me & my two mates have white S3's lol