New S3 colour choice help/comments - Ordered!

RicoS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Placing my order for new S3 Black Edition tomorrow (long story, don't ask!). I'm having a late colour dilemma. I've had 2 black cars, Lupo and A3, now have an Ibis S3. We all know about scratches, swirls, dirt, etc. with both these colours, and Ibis is so common now where I am, that I'm considering Condor Grey.

I initially wanted Monza Silver a la standard A3 Black Edition, but apparently it's a no go (dealer's words). Don't know why, I see no reason from new A3/S3 brochure on new Audi UK site, however, having looked at other pics, it's maybe too silver?

Condor isn't Dolphin, would've been tidy, but I kinda like it. I think will look cool with tints, Black styling pack and dark alloys for the BE.

I'm not feelin' Sprint Blue, sorry to all who love it, but that's just my opinion.

I've maybe answered my own question above, but comments welcome.

These may give you an idea:

Condor1.jpg

Condor2.jpg

Cheers - Rich :thumbsup:

Last edited:
suzuka grey. it looks nuts with the optics pack!

Thanks for the comments guys. I agree, Daytona and Suzuka would be top choices along with Dolphin, but I can't justify £1,600 for the exclusive paint.

The more I look at the pics, the more I like this grey. Think I'm sold!

As you know m8....I went for S3 SB BE in Ibis....and used the £1.6k savings on paint for buckets> having said that I do really think that colour is very stealthy :respekt:

Talk to DaveS3Turbo about his lovely car colours, his latest is stunning, a blue but what was it called, Sepang Blue is it, what a lovely colour, I always liked solar orange or dolphin grey

Hey Rich hows tricks

reckon youve made a good choice there in the grey, only thing is in the crappy weather grey can be quite a depressing looking colour. Always thought the S3 suited the brighter colours i.e sprint, ibis or even solar orange. Dont get me wrong sprint certainly was not my first choice it was just what was available when i went in, it has grown on me though. Hope your getting a really good deal on the new one to make up for the hassles with the current one.

simon

Last edited:
It's always nice to have some exclusivity on your car but imo the s is already an exclusive hatch so the colour choice shouldn't be dictated by how many "others" are out there in the same colour. I had United Grey on my GTi and a lovely classy colour... added nice lines to the car etc etc ... Just feel that on the S3 they seem to look very A3 like in the classier colours- The sportier colours like sprint blue, ibis and solar orange suit the S3 better imho but you have to buy what you like as you'll be living with your decision...:blush: Congrats on your purchase decision! :w00t:

I'd only get white, sprint or sepang blue on the S3. Oh, and maybe the one DeckedS3 has, can't remember the name. Can't settle with other colours on the S3, even if none of the above is usually my favourite colours in general. I usually like darker colours, but not on the S3.

I love this Ibis White! i think it really suits the S3.
Not to fond of grey/silver TBH.. and black is nice but impossible to keep clean...

So... What about this ...

41344494.jpg

Hi all,

My Sepang S3 is due to be built next week and then delivery weeks later. Not too far off now. I am getting the optiks pack with recaros etc.

I am now fed up of waiting, but I am sure as time comes closer the excitement will kick back in again.

I can assure piccies will be up here on the day I receive.

David

Guys, really appreciate the comments and your thoughts.

As you know m8....I went for S3 SB BE in Ibis....and used the £1.6k savings on paint for buckets> having said that I do really think that colour is very stealthy :respekt:

Hi Elton, don't worry, buckets were the first option written down! :eyebrows:

Hey Rich hows tricks.... Hope your getting a really good deal on the new one to make up for the hassles with the current one.

Alright Si, credit where credit's due, they've been very attentive and worked hard with me to make sure things are cool. I know dealers get a bashing from time to time, but they've been decent this time around. Sent you PM on Eastside byra way :thumbsup:

It's always nice to have some exclusivity on your car but imo the s is already an exclusive hatch so the colour choice shouldn't be dictated by how many "others" are out there in the same colour. I had United Grey on my GTi and a lovely classy colour... added nice lines to the car etc etc ... Just feel that on the S3 they seem to look very A3 like in the classier colours- The sportier colours like sprint blue, ibis and solar orange suit the S3 better imho but you have to buy what you like as you'll be living with your decision...:blush: Congrats on your purchase decision! :w00t:

gboy, I hear you, saw a new Grey GTi the other day, looks very good. There is little difference to the "untrained eye" between S-Line and S3 bodywork and the BE models are 10 a penny up here right now, hence the decision to go for something different, but ultimately stay with the S3.

I'd only get white, sprint or sepang blue on the S3. Oh, and maybe the one DeckedS3 has, can't remember the name. Can't settle with other colours on the S3, even if none of the above is usually my favourite colours in general. I usually like darker colours, but not on the S3.

GConn, I hear what you're saying on the Sepang Blue, does look very nice. Before the Ibis, I'd originally thought that the Meteor Grey was the colour, but at times looks very flat, a bit like primer in my eyes. There is one in this colour near me and with what Si was saying, it does look very dull in the dark days.

That said, the Condor Grey Metallic does have that slight sparkle. Apart from the picture I posted from the Audi Used Cars section, I've not seen another Condor Grey one, certainly not around my parts, so I suppose it'll be "exclusive" for me and around here, for at least a while!

By the time this arrives I'll have had the Ibis for 6 months, so been there, done that I suppose.

Anyway, thanks again to all for comments, think my mind is made up. It's a change for me, so that's the main thing.

Pics on arrival as per, just the winter and 3 months to get over now......:whistle2:

I have to say ive never had any hassles with Aberdeen Audi maybe due to the fact myself and my dad deal with the same guy and my dad has had about 10 new cars from them over the years.

didnt recieve any PM on eastside mate

Last edited:
:iagree:

I have to say ive never had any hassles with Aberdeen Audi maybe due to the fact myself and my dad deal with the same guy and my dad has had about 10 new cars from them over the years.

didnt recieve any PM on eastside mate

Sorry Si, think I'm pressing the preview button and not the post :banghead: It was probably only a drunken rant anyway!

It's been a stressful journey, but looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel. As I said, they listened to me, worked with me and think we have a solution, so fair play to them.

The grey would look great Rich. Don't worry though about the Ibis clashing with mine as i may not be in Aberdeen for too long :)

Alright Carl, job forcing the move or have you had the bitterly cold days up here? We'll need to try and get a few of us out for a festive drink?

I had a condor grey TT mk2 at first i loved it , but i went off it quickly it looks a weird green in some lights.. Make sure you check it in different light conditions as it looks totally different , god know why it's called condor grey, it should be condor green.

I had a condor grey TT mk2 at first i loved it , but i went off it quickly it looks a weird green in some lights.. Make sure you check it in different light conditions as it looks totally different , god know why it's called condor grey, it should be condor green.

Crypric, you're spot on. Just back from the dealer, placed the order, the dealer (a friend from school days), had a weird look on his face when I said Condor, took me outside and showed me an A6 in the colour. I now can't see any colour other than green!!!!! :banghead:

I'm now torn. Called him back and said hold on the colour for now and I'll get back to him later today.

You wouldn't believe the turnaround, now considering Sprint Blue! Metallic I think, Pearl still looks a little flat to me.

With the BE, it could look something like hugy's here (sorry hugy, blatant miss use of your image):
S1050132-1-2.jpg

So, for tonight's star prize, what's it to be, Sprint Blue Metallic or keep the Ibis?

Maybe a change is as good as a holiday or a new car in this case? :think:

Thanks to all who commented, I suppose apologies are in order for wasting your time!

Having said I was going with Condor Grey and didn't like Sprint Blue, went up to the dealer to make the order. Lucky I did. Had a look at the colours in the light of day and changed my mind 3 or 4 times.

Condor Grey IS Green. Couldn't live with the "old man" effect. Ibis, still like it, but hey, had an Ibis for 6 months. Black, no thanks. Audi Exclusive, can't stretch that far, especially with my first baby on the way!!

So, having test driven an S3 and a TTS in Sprint Blue in the past and seen them sitting on my drive, I thought I wasn't keen. But up close and personal, it's stealthy. Having seen images of hugy's TTS with the same wheels I'm getting, it looked the right option. With the tints and Black styling pack, it'll look the bizzle. After all, Sprint is only available on the S3 and not on the A3's, so exclusivity there.

Sorry for the time wasting folks. It's been emotional.

Rich

Congrats on the new car mate. Probably biased, but I don't think you will go wrong with Sprint blue. Its a unusual colour but has so much going for it. When its polished and in sunlight its very bright and the pearl effect pops out. Admittedly, dirty and cloudy it can look a bit dull though.

I went for Sprint with Black Styling Pack and Tints. I smile everytime I look at her. PERFECT!!! (imo of course)

Crypric, you're spot on. Just back from the dealer, placed the order, the dealer (a friend from school days), had a weird look on his face when I said Condor, took me outside and showed me an A6 in the colour. I now can't see any colour other than green!!!!! :banghead:

I'm now torn. Called him back and said hold on the colour for now and I'll get back to him later today.

You wouldn't believe the turnaround, now considering Sprint Blue! Metallic I think, Pearl still looks a little flat to me.

With the BE, it could look something like hugy's here (sorry hugy, blatant miss use of your image):
S1050132-1-2.jpg

So, for tonight's star prize, what's it to be, Sprint Blue Metallic or keep the Ibis?

Great choice mate.
BTY Sprint is pearl :yes:

Dave, Why you changing the yellow one?

Got a leak in the yellow one, audi tried to resolve but the solution wasn't good enough hence the replacement + additional bits and bobs. = Sepang S3 due end of DEC early Jan.

Dave

Nice choice mate, that colour will always stand out from the crowd and look something special!

Did you order the 3 or 5dr? (sportbacks are faster, but dont tell its a secret!)

S1050132-1-2.jpg

Always best to see them in the flesh , i knew you would see the green in it !
Great final choice , and that's coming from a man who is on his 5th Phantom black car! i am just a whore to phantom black.

Gone for 3 door again, the wife has 5 doors, ideal for the forthcoming baby!

I like the idea of black rings front and back. Would be great if OSIR did S3 mirror carbon covers too, but think only for TT.

Thinking of mods before the ink is dry on the order form!

Cheers again.