New S3 discount

• Thread starter Deleted member 22276
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22276

Someone who is interested in buying my car says he's been offered a 15% discount on a brand new S3, has anyone here managed this level of discount?

A friend of mine who is an Audi salesman reckons 10% is the most you could get.

Cheers,

Al.

I'd say the same, or alternatively he's getting shafted on a trade in to make the new car discount seem awesome!
"ohhh, well the @rse has fallen out of Golf GTi's at the moment, I'll give you £6k for it!"

Why is he looking at used cars when he's got 15% off a new car offer on the table too?

He's calling your bluff to see how desperate you are to sell IMO.

J

Yeah, that's what I thought, I did say I'd drop it to 20k, but to be honest I'm in no real rush to sell so he can stick his 20k, it's 21k again!

£21k seems a fair enough price to me. I've been looking on the Audi website and A3 S-lines seem to be commanding that amount! Mind you, whether they're selling is a different story.

2 ways to achieve this - the chap works for VW Group or has a family tie, this would give you around that level of discount, or the dealer is willing to write off a portion of his bonus in order to get the sale, this might happen if the dealer is a car short to make a month or year target and the total reward from group would be greater than an extra few % off the list of a car.

This is what the guy said:

"I've just got back from my Dad's and we went into his local Audi dealer to pick up an S3 brochure, I was there for 2 seconds before the salesman was all over me asking about whether I wanted to buy an S3. I told him I wanted a Used S3 as they were more in my price range. He then said well we're giving 15% off new S3's. I'd literally been in there 2 minutes by this point.
I did a few sums and they're offering the spec I want (RS4 seats/Ipod/cruise) brand new facelift on a 58 plate for less than 25k!"

and this is what my mate who is an Audi salesman said:

"Rubbish! We turned down broker business at 10% last week on a factory order car. That said, there is about 10% off the white one but only as we've had it for ages...so yes there is a deal on stock cars but no chance of 15% from us."

and

"
Any Audi salesman who behaves like that should be out of a job! Goes against every process in the book.
No doubt there are deals at the moment, but that's a joke."

which dealer did he go into & which sales guy cause I'd give him a ring now for a car, lol

I'd drop the guy a message back and tell him to go for the new one.... call his bluff so to speak!

For anyone interested:

"It was the Audi dealer in Crewe. I called them today just to confirm what they had told me yesterday, and the 15% would only apply to new stock cars, not new orders, therefore it wouldn’t be the facelift model. They would only offer 6% off a new order. Either way the full spec 0 miler one they had on the forecourt would have been £27800"

Hi Alex,

I'd tell the dreamer to go kick tyres elsewhere to be honest, in a polite way of course. :eiertritt:

Why's he giving you a running commentary of his dealings with the salesman?? I think its to put doubt in your mind as to your advertised price.

21k is Cheap as chips mate, the guy should be biting your hand off, stinks of BS and is just trying to barter you down on an already stonking deal.

He wants your car, hold out :)

*rant over* :)

Hi Alex,

I'd tell the dreamer to go kick tyres elsewhere to be honest, in a polite way of course. :eiertritt:

Why's he giving you a running commentary of his dealings with the salesman?? I think its to put doubt in your mind as to your advertised price.

21k is Cheap as chips mate, the guy should be biting your hand off, stinks of BS and is just trying to barter you down on an already stonking deal.

He wants your car, hold out :)

*rant over* :)

Yeah, totally agree.

This is his full latest email:

"It was the Audi dealer in Crewe. I called them today just to confirm what they had told me yesterday, and the 15% would only apply to new stock cars, not new orders, therefore it wouldn’t be the facelift model. They would only offer 6% off a new order. Either way the full spec 0 miler one they had on the forecourt would have been £27800

I should hopefully be completing the deal on my car by Thursday this week, so as soon as this has been done I’ll get back in touch and let you know what I’ve decided.

In the mean time are you able to send me a few more pics of the car, from the back, side, and dash?"

If I were him I'd just spend the extra 6 or so grand and get a brand new one if he's telling the truth and the one for 27800 is the spec/colour he wants. But he still seems very interested in mine. The car is up for 22k, and I've already dropped it to 21k, I'm not moving anymore, if he wants it he can have it, for 21.

So basically what he's saying is he can get a brand spanker with similar options for £28k
or a year old one for £21k........ WTF does he want.... blood!
Leon is comletely right - he's trying to force you in to saying "OK ahve it for £20k".... don't do it mate, £21k is a steel for your car!

Not being funny but S3 prices are dropping & from what I've seen fairly quickly & I've been watching for fair while now, saw a 56 plate for £18k other day, 57 have seen for lower than 20k with a very good spec aswell, so 21k is tbh borderline high, but of course mileage, spec, warranty all come into play but S3's are not shy of this crap car market anyway so you will expect **** offers & if you wanna sell while you can then you have to ask yourself, if they are dropping & will get worse am I better of selling now & lose 1k of the price or wait & sell it for 1k+ of the price later on & then wasted the time waiting for better offers

did same with my S3 & S4 B6, I sold for maybe lower than I expected but overall was best choice cause shortly after the car market went to ***** & prices dropped much lower than what I sold them for anyway, so in the end I gained more by selling for less.

I think someone posted they'd sold there solar Orange for £24.5k last night so prices still reasonably robust.
If I saw one advertised at £18k I'd right it off as a sh@gged example TBH

If I were him I'd just spend the extra 6 or so grand and get a brand new one if he's telling the truth and the one for 27800 is the spec/colour he wants. But he still seems very interested in mine. The car is up for 22k, and I've already dropped it to 21k, I'm not moving anymore, if he wants it he can have it, for 21.

Your right to hold out Alex,

The truth is, if he could afford the extra 6k, with respect, he wouldnt be talking it through with you mate.

Thats why im 100% convinced he's just trying it on. 21K NO OFFERS!!! :thumbsup:

Nah dont think its shagged for 18k, you have to think of it as if I have a high price car then chance selling are slimmer at the moment, so some car dealers are being realistic or actually more realistic so to sell volumes they are selling for less, lol, even audi stealers are giving discounts which is unheard of, lol, stealers are benefitting anyway cause all these finance people are selling there nice cars for alot less money than normal to bring down there living costs, so thats why we're seeing cheaper S3's maybe & other nice cars.

Its better to sell 100 for little less than 1 for more

I sold my old S3 for 8k ages ago, but if I had waited for more which I wouldnt have got then it would have sold for probably 6-7 given how much S3 prices dropped back then & it was heavily spec'd with one of a kind options I added, so infact although I wanted 9-10 I actually still came out better of overall, my S4 B6 avant sold for 14k high mileage but well spec'd but now it'll be worth what 10-12k, thank god I sold it then, oh but to add Esso paid me 2k for car wash damage, lol, so I got 16k overall

Personally they're overpriced the the 1st place so getting a car for 18k is cool with me with warranty, thankgod I wasnt as bad of as my mate, he had a DB9 & sold it after 1-2 years for what 50k after paying 90+k, now thats depreciation for yer

I paid 25K for a 4month old car that I could have bought new for 30K.

I new one would have been nice, but i didnt have 30K, I only had 25K, so it was used or nothing.

So, it all depends how much this guy has to spend.

If he only has 20K then it doesnt matter whether the dealer has new cars at 15% discount or not, he cant afford it.
If he really wants your car, he wont walk away for 1K! stick to your guns mate.

Selling private is a minefield but worth it as you will ultimately acheive a significantly better price this way.

For what its worth its a lot of car for 21K and if you already have genuine interest at 20K then you should shift it pretty soon.

Good luck.
Paul

They have had that in stock for looooooooooooong time!
I'm not sure I could won that colour.
Just reminded me, has anyone else seen the ads for Alfa's with the £15,000 paint option for 8C red?
Is that a typo?

I didnt say his wasnt a good price or deal, I was just merely stating if you want to sell it in this climate then you have to be realistic what people are prepared to pay, if its a good spec then yeah maybe is fair price, but of course it depends if you want a sale now or in a few months, thats the issue at hand in current financial climate

But what is the spec for 21k as I havnt seen it on this thread so how can I possibly know if its worth it.

The fact of the matter is this...

Your motor is worth every penny of the asking price, so don't budge. The guy is obviously rubbish at negotiating and keeps getting his facts and figures very wrong.

That said, S3's like all 'high end' performance cars are suffering at the moment and it'll only get worse over the next year. Car sales are down 25% on this time last year. Thats a fact. I've got 3 mates who work at Autoworld (Seat & Alfa dealers) and they say business is DEAD. They're giving away used cars sometimes at a loss just to get stock moving and attract interest.
People just don't want the running costs of fuel thirsty cars.....but people will always want S3's irrespective so it's best to hold out for the price you want.

At the moment i am getting cold feet on the agreed price for the TTS. If i negotiated it again now i know i'd get a much better price. In fact cars i totally ruled out a few months ago are now probably in my price range. I wouldn't want one but i know a guy who got an S5 discounted to £33k dead last week.

£33k - that's the issue with big engined cars now.
I took a test drive in a C63AMG (simply because they offered - would you say no?) and they threw £6k off at the starting point!!!

:applaus:thats exactly my point thanks also that ebay S3 has been on there for ages now as been watching aswell, nice car but prices are just to high

I would renegotiate on the TTS or walk cause you can easily save few k of the price from another dealer

But what is the spec for 21k as I havnt seen it on this thread so how can I possibly know if its worth it.

Well i was going to ask whether you knew The spec of Alex's car, and if not how you could possibly comment, but didnt want to offend.

Anyway, youve answered that question for me now :)

:applaus:thats exactly my point thanks also that ebay S3 has been on there for ages now as been watching aswell, nice car but prices are just to high

I would renegotiate on the TTS or walk cause you can easily save few k of the price from another dealer

Dont use that purple car to back your arguement mate, i was merely stating that i like the colour, it wasnt meant to say "hey look a second hand S3 is worth £30k", im not stupid.

FYI there are plenty of 07 S3s with less spec than Alex's with 22k miles with a £22.5 asking price.

Nuff said.

Freedom of speech fella, say what you feel afterall its a forum

with freedom of speech Id like to add that only girls are allowed purple S3's! :sex:

The names Leon :beerchug:

And yes, im all for freedom of speech. Though I have to disagree that Alex should consider knocking a further 1k off his car for a "quick sale". Even in the current climate.

Im also reading between the lines as to what this chap is saying, whereas you appear to be taking it as gospel (which it could well be).

You get me?

Been contemplating selling mine, bad time to sell and good time to buy so pretty much evens out. Trawling the net i was supprised at quite a few 1 year old S3's with 2/3 owners and mileage up to and in excess of 20k. Also noticed quite a few adds not stating how many owners? Spec/mileage/owners/sevice history for me would play a big part in a car purchase. I think 21k is very reasonably priced even in the current market depression.

Be best to hold out car only 57 i've seen 07 with high miles go for around £20k so yours should move. It just depends how fast you want it gone. As every one said he doesnt know much if it was me i'd go for the new car straight away! But then i'd think a used one saving me a few grand also help.

And it has the buckets...... anyone who has done there homework on the S3 must see that at £21k it's a baargain!
Feck, if this dude walks away Alex, I'd keep it £22k - NO OFFERS!

All this credit crunch ******, yeah it's all doom and gloom, but plenty of people still have some cash burning a whole in their pocket! Think poeple see it as there god ginen right to go in asking for anoth £2k off the asking price!

Dont use that purple car to back your arguement mate, i was merely stating that i like the colour, it wasnt meant to say "hey look a second hand S3 is worth £30k", im not stupid.

FYI there are plenty of 07 S3s with less spec than Alex's with 22k miles with a £22.5 asking price.

Nuff said.

Leon, calm down dear its only a commercial, its not an argument to me at all & I've never even disagreed with anyone in this thread, just commenting on market moves so think you've completely read it wrong, just a discussion, opinions, 2nd I'm not using that purple car with anything to do with what PNH mentioned, its irrelevant to his comment on his TTS, I was just saying renegotiate cause of all the comments on AS recently about upto 10% discounts, I hadnt even compared the price of the 2 & as they're 2 different cars that would be stupid to compare, I think as you read my replies all in the same sentence maybe you thought were all related which actually wernt, I dont think anyway, lol

The S3's might be listed at 22k fella but question is are they selling for 22k, I was also just stating if he wants a quick sale maybe he should consider a lower offer as the prices are falling then he doenst end up selling for 19k in a month or so time as I would have done if I waited to sell my S3 & S4
The names Leon :beerchug:

And yes, im all for freedom of speech. Though I have to disagree that Alex should consider knocking a further 1k off his car for a "quick sale". Even in the current climate.

Im also reading between the lines as to what this chap is saying, whereas you appear to be taking it as gospel (which it could well be).

You get me?

Yeah I get yer, but I think you've completely misread what I'm talking about, I'm not even considering the ****** that guy is spinning about getting new car for 26k or whatever, this is what I'm thinking from the markets we all see in front of us.

What you dont understand is there hasnt been a spec listed for the car for 21k as I've already stated so based on this I have assumed on what I know as a base spec S3 that 20k is fair price, but as I know it has buckets then this does add value, whats the actual full spec anyway as think need to stop speculating & actually know the facts or link to sale page anywhere??

Do you get me fella?? :thumbsup:

aha now I know, yes I remember looking at this car recently, for age, mileage, spec I would say its worth the money 21k, but what I think & what another buyer & the seller want is another matter, if he wants a sale now then I personally would consider the offer given prices are dropping, but of course he's not me & its not my car.

Is it urgent considering its for a startup business?