New S3 ordered

No doubt when i pick mine up, it will be -10c and chucking it down with snow!!!

200634-4821f14117195215109f671e89c2b531.jpg
At least you will have quattro to get you out of trouble, although if it's covered with snow and car has summer tyres, not so sure how helpful quattro is..

Do all cars come delivered like this these days? I remember 2 cars ago, a driver drove it down, and I drove him to the nearest station, current car, I went all the way to Sunderland (I'm based in London) to collect it, you know that new car (14 miles only) feeling. I did ask if I could collect the A3 myself (whenever it arrives, and if we are still in lockdown) they said, unlikely, but will check...
I buy from Bristol Audi so they send the car to me in Scotland after it’s had PDI etc. Pre covid I could have collected it from them but wouldn’t want to drive a brand new car on cruise from Bristol to Scotland.

At least you will have quattro to get you out of trouble, although if it's covered with snow and car has summer tyres, not so sure how helpful quattro is..
Picking up today at 11am.

Dull and gray, but no snow forecast!!!

Reactions: pburv
In the days of the 8v pre fl & fl ... this thread would be a hive of activity ... how things have changed !

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, JohnM100 and 3 others
In the days of the 8v pre fl & fl ... this thread would be a hive of activity ... how things have changed !

I was thinking the same, previously there would have been post after post requesting photos.

If you can’t get any excitement on an Audi site full of Audi fanboys, it speaks volumes.

Reactions: Jcbmally, BarryG79, pburv and 1 other person

Well you can put lipstick on a pig.......

But it’s still a pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and pburv
I was thinking the same, previously there would have been post after post requesting photos.

If you can’t get any excitement on an Audi site full of Audi fanboys, it speaks volumes.
Does anyone remember that long running photo challenge? where you took a pic of your car against a certain backdrop whoever's turn it was had to leave another challenge.
Like you said it's little things like that which made the forum attractive for me.:yes:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, JohnM100 and 2 others
Does anyone remember that long running photo challenge? where you took a pic of your car against a certain backdrop whoever's turn it was had to leave another challenge.
Like you said it's little things like that which made the forum attractive for me.:yes:

Yep - really enjoyed that thread in the 8V section. As so many folk have moved on to other marques, I might resurrect it and see what happens......

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
After around 8 months of ownership the time has come to sell up and move onto the bigger and better RS3 which is on order. The car is for sale if anyone's interested, I can send across pictures. Spec list is in my signature. I'm not in any rush to get rid of it as the ball is very much in my corner with regards to the used car market prices at the moment however if the money is right it will go before the RS3 comes.

Cheers

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
After around 8 months of ownership the time has come to sell up and move onto the bigger and better RS3 which is on order. The car is for sale if anyone's interested, I can send across pictures. Spec list is in my signature. I'm not in any rush to get rid of it as the ball is very much in my corner with regards to the used car market prices at the moment however if the money is right it will go before the RS3 comes.

Cheers
any particular reason for getting rid or just want the faster model?

any particular reason for getting rid or just want the faster model?
RS3 has always been the dream and now it’s made possible but if it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t be selling the S3.

RS3 has always been the dream and now it’s made possible but if it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t be selling the S3.
I do like the Rs3 but I’m not sure I could bring myself to part with that much cash per month on a car! Think the S3 is about the max I’d want to spend on a car.

Reactions: NevMan
I do like the Rs3 but I’m not sure I could bring myself to part with that much cash per month on a car! Think the S3 is about the max I’d want to spend on a car.
I was the same. My prev S3 was £375 and this one is £400 but thanks to the second hand market being as good as it is is partly how it’s possible to get the RS3 to help fund the deposit.

Reactions: NevMan
I was the same. My prev S3 was £375 and this one is £400 but thanks to the second hand market being as good as it is is partly how it’s possible to get the RS3 to help fund the deposit.
Mines £400 a month too, similar to yours. You reckon you can get an RS3 for similar money?

£550 a month in my new deal.

How much deposit on that?

A friend of mine has just ordered a brand new fully loaded X3M for a similar monthly.

It’s a £75k + car, so that seems expensive for what will probably be around a £60k car

Reactions: Jcbmally
How much deposit on that?

A friend of mine has just ordered a brand new fully loaded X3M for a similar monthly.

It’s a £75k + car, so that seems expensive for what will probably be around a £60k car
£8000.

BMW having to offer ridiculous discounts and deposits to sell some of their cars at the moment and their interest rates are between 0%-2.9%. not sure how he’s managed to secure an X3M at less than £800 a month in all honesty! John Clark BMW are wanting £799 down and £799 a month with a £16k deposit contribution.

£8000.

BMW having to offer ridiculous discounts and deposits to sell some of their cars at the moment and their interest rates are between 0%-2.9%. not sure how he’s managed to secure an X3M at less than £800 a month in all honesty! John Clark BMW are wanting £799 down and £799 a month with a £16k deposit contribution.

BMW and Mini recently raised their rates to 3.9% across the board. Some way cheaper than Audi’s 6.2%. Don’t think they are struggling to shift models either. Equally their delivery timescales whilst pushed out with this chip shortage still not too bad.

But yes, always big contributions on M’s and it shows in the used market, but means up front the monthlies are not vastly different to an RS3.

£8000.

Well he has, and it was similar money from two dealers. The 2.9% has been around for a couple of years now with BMW for new cars, the 6 or 7% from Audi is ridiculous.

And whatever BMW is doing, its working. I know 4 Audi drivers who are now BMW drivers. Why pay double the interest rate for an Audi, particularly when the quality of their products have dropped with recent models.

Reactions: Jcbmally, HulkRS3 and NevMan
Well he has, and it was similar money from two dealers. The 2.9% has been around for a couple of years now with BMW for new cars, the 6 or 7% from Audi is ridiculous.

And whatever BMW is doing, its working. I know 4 Audi drivers who are now BMW drivers. Why pay double the interest rate for an Audi, particularly when the quality of their products have dropped with recent models.

I know a few myself

Reactions: Chris4410 and Jcbmally
Yeah don't get me wrong. BMW making some nice cars at the moment. My partner just took delivery of her 128ti a few months back and it's a nice bit of kit. There's a couple of things on the BMWs I prefer over the Audis.. the chunky steering wheel being the main one. My inlaws also have a X3M Comp which is lovely.

Reactions: Chris4410, Jcbmally and NevMan
A year to the day/date I ordered my S3, I sold it to WeBuyAnyCar. Clocked up a total of 6006 miles and averaged 30.3mpg over those said miles. Got £38k for it in the end up so made huge profit over settlement.

Onto the RS3...

A year to the day/date I ordered my S3, I sold it to WeBuyAnyCar. Clocked up a total of 6006 miles and averaged 30.3mpg over those said miles. Got £38k for it in the end up so made huge profit over settlement.

Onto the RS3...
Cracking deal mate, probably won’t see deals like that again. Things starting to even out now, slowly but surely.

Reactions: HulkRS3
Cracking deal mate, probably won’t see deals like that again. Things starting to even out now, slowly but surely.
Absolutely spot on. Offer was £1k higher last month, and then it dropped around £1500 and came back up so it was time for it to go. Especially with a 6% price increase across Audi's range too in Dec.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
£8000.

BMW is 3.9% across the board.

Reactions: Jcbmally and DRkNESS

Onto the RS3...

Nice work. Makes sense sticking while the market is hot.

Yeah don't get me wrong. BMW making some nice cars at the moment. My partner just took delivery of her 128ti a few months back and it's a nice bit of kit. There's a couple of things on the BMWs I prefer over the Audis.. the chunky steering wheel being the main one. My inlaws also have a X3M Comp which is lovely.

Your partner could sell the 128ti for a tidy profit too, sounds like orders of those being pushed back to may 22!

Your partner could sell the 128ti for a tidy profit too, sounds like orders of those being pushed back to may 22!
Been monitoring the 128ti Facebook group and the delays they are facing are unreal. Crazy.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Been monitoring the 128ti Facebook group and the delays they are facing are unreal. Crazy.

Yes, and not just the delays but plenty options dropping off, being added