New S3 ordered

Yeah I totally understand what you say as we've been to Jamiaca a few times and the Americans can be loud and stand out a bit.
But maybe its because most of them holiday outside the USA, you don't get this or see this when you holiday there.
The service is exceptional in the States as is the food, drink and entertainment.
The standard of hotels is also off the chart, especially in Vegas - maybe its the bling Merc in me that makes it appealing lol.
But sat on the patio of an italian restaurant sipping cocktails and eating fine food whilst viewing the Bellagio fountains is an experience to behold.

View attachment 213195

View attachment 213196

Never say never mate - you just find its not what you expected or pictured it to be.
That said we are equally at home having a relaxing holiday in Tenerife and have our fave hotel and bars / restaurants out there too.
I also picked up in another thread about your favourable experience with Sensatori.
The place does look fantastic so we may give that a try at some stage :icon thumright:

Av been to the states and Canada when younger would'nt give Tenerife the benefit of my presence l dont like the home away from home....type resorts fry ups and pints of beer written on blackboards from english/lrish/Scottish pubs...lol but we are all different. l go on holiday to relax only....dont want to drive.....prefer been taken by car no buses....like visiting ancient ruins etc etc far more interesting than visiting the set of Oceans 11.....lol

The Residence Sensatori....not just any Sensatori

and for your sake and the rest of the folks that love the USA l hope normality resumes sooner rather than later......enough is enough

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
Many, many people would say that about the English. In fact it’s quite a common thing for non English people to say they actively avoid English people when on holiday.

l dont tar everyone with the same brush....but South of Manchester.....lol

Av been to the states and Canada when younger would'nt give Tenerife the benefit of my presence l dont like the home away from home....type resorts fry ups and pints of beer written on blackboards from english/lrish/Scottish pubs...lol but we are all different. l go on holiday to relax only....dont want to drive.....prefer been taken by car no buses....like visiting ancient ruins etc etc far more interesting than visiting the set of Oceans 11.....lol

The Residence Sensatori....not just any Sensatori

and for your sake and the rest of the folks that love the USA l hope normality resumes sooner rather than later......enough is enough
Back to New York when all this cr*p is done and dusted.:thumbs up:

Reactions: John Pilkington, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
l dont tar everyone with the same brush....but South of Manchester.....lol
The only country where I found the locals were not hospitable was France especially Paris. Normandy wasn't so bad but Paris......:blink:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The only country where I found the locals were not hospitable was France especially Paris. Normandy wasn't so bad but Paris......:blink:
City peeps ....par for the course

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Paris is terrible.. and filthy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great place to visit not been for years but would love to go back one day
Always had a great time in NY Always felt at ease with the locals. I often joked with the wife that if we ever got robbed they probably would've gone about it in a polite manner. lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and Mr Freeze
Even holidaying in the USA sounds and looks far more interesting than ordering the new 8Y S3 .....lol

Reactions: JDHOWELLS, 8YARWY, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Even holidaying in the USA sounds and looks far more interesting than ordering the new 8Y S3 .....lol
Makes a refreshing change I think.. Great seeing other peoples pics on here. Makes me want to go abroad now.:concern:

Makes a refreshing change I think.. Great seeing other peoples pics on here. Makes me want to go abroad now.:concern:

l'll not tell you what l want to do looking at that avatar of yours.....Avril......................lol

Apologies for diverting off the main thread - but hopefully we can be forgiven for reminiscing about long gone things called "'holidays" :)
Nice to spread some talk of holidays though and hopefully we will all soon be able to enjoy them again.
One last pic from Vegas :icon thumright:

View attachment 213198

Its scariest thing I have ever done going to the Grand canyon in a helicopter beautiful views but
I just couldn't wait to get out the helicopter never again :grimacing::grinning:

l'll not tell you what l want to do looking at that avatar of yours.....Avril......................lol
you are the first one to notice lol
Took me ages to get Avril to pose.:whistle2:
I even provided a wig ha ha

Its scariest thing I have ever done going to the Grand canyon in a helicopter beautiful views but
I just couldn't wait to get out the helicopter never again :grimacing::grinning:

Pmsl ... wow I loved it :)

I was re-living my fave tv show as a kid ... Airwolf

3952EE2A 4FB2 486C 8338 A666ED4302D8

Reactions: Mr Freeze and pburv
New York was amazing agreed !

73DDDA1E 4A23 4DEF AAFE 23A67DADC442

CCB52FD2 CCCE 4FD6 8363 07716D864C89

6AD1EE5F B7FF 40D3 84FB 043869739AC4

A46FB215 CBE4 4863 BE11 D86603B2E7D2

Reactions: pburv
Preferred Boston to be honest.

Dallas was probably the cleanest city I've ever been to, you could have eaten off the sidewalk.

Miami was scary in places at night, only place I've been in the States were I felt a bit unsafe at some points.

San Francisco, serious homeless problem but pretty cool city.

If I could live anywhere it would either be Malibu or Santa Monica.

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin

We did the same a few years back.... I was sat on the end where it’s clear near your feet so could see straight down
We flew from McCarran and at the time it felt a right buzz, never forget how silent it was when we landed at the canyon base to have lunch.
Will never forget that experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, JDHOWELLS, pburv and 1 other person
would'nt give Tenerife the benefit of my presence l dont like the home away from home....type resorts fry ups and pints of beer written on blackboards from english/lrish/Scottish pubs.

Lol ... that ain’t the parts of Tenerife you’ll see me in mate :tearsofjoy:

Not me at all - there are some very nice Hotels, bars & restaurants now.

As for relaxing, that’s part of the attraction of Vegas ... & the bit you would love ... the hotels and pools are incredible so it’s poolside for us by day and then fine dining / cocktails / entertainment in the evening. We go every year for a couple of weeks & never the same restaurant each night. Everything is on the strip so no driving if you don’t want it.

Reactions: Chris4410 and pburv
Great city been a few times caught the heatwave July 2019
Never been in the summer. We've always treated ourselves to an end of year holiday. Usually end of November or beginning of December.. New York at Christmas is awesome . We usually stay at the Millenium Broadway or if we are wanting to treat ourselves The New York Palace.
Upload 2020 12 11 7 33 8

Reactions: John Pilkington and Snake Pliskin
then you have Canada -spent many months over there with work and got stuck on y99 in Banff in the snow which was a little scary

DSCF8002 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8011 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8025 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8043 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8041 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8019 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8067 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8076 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

Lake Louise
DSCF8120 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8129 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

Reactions: pburv, Chris4410 and Snake Pliskin

When I did the helicopter Grand Canyon thing it was truly amazing, one week later the same helicopter company we used had a crash on the same trip killing all on board, was in the news a couple of years ago, they are scary things..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol .... I'm loving how this thread has played out :icon thumright:

Just hope the thread starter enjoys it as much :tearsofjoy:

The most joy the 8Y has given yet :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv and JDHOWELLS
As we seem to have moved onto cold holidays, and they are my preferred, Finland is amazing, a literal postcard view everywhere you look, just got to be ok with 2 hours of light a day and -30c

1a34e1fc102d664c7c59a5a3a0ab0223.jpg

e65e1692041c19e98d6ed243d23842c6.jpg

96225c235f81177b94228db1e52e7891.jpg

e31c83874131f110b1eae73a1c4a6ce5.jpg

f0852294cd21ee4d7b54f8c29a667430.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and PaulWhitt82
and dont get me staretd on far east - so many awesome places and expereinces I have had there

Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv and Snake Pliskin
One of major offices for NAM is in Dallas - great city. they were filming a JFK fim when I first went in 2014

Untitled by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

Babes Chicken Farmers branch

Loved Dallas as well, been there a few times for work myself but was fortunate to have the weekends free to do my own thing.

Awesome BBQ, Cowboys AT&T stadium is something else.

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
then you have Canada -spent many months over there with work and got stuck on y99 in Banff in the snow which was a little scary

DSCF8002 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8011 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8025 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8043 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8041 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8019 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8067 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8076 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

Lake Louise
DSCF8120 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSCF8129 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

Banff and Jasper are definitely on my list, I will also use the opportunity to head down to Glacier national park as well, that's been on my list for a few years but it's so far from everything else.

ok if we are still going :)

I best post a few festive shots too then :icon thumright:

& from in the days when 'crowds' were allowed :blink:

IMG 3003

IMG 3102

Reactions: BarryG79, pburv, Chris4410 and 1 other person
Mickey's not so scary Halloween.

20201211 102734

Halloween, best time to be in Orlando IMO