New s3 owner question

D4YEW

Reaction score
Hi People i have just bought a 2007 s3 :) , i was wondering if the front DRL led lights and rear led lights on the newer 2010/2011 models fit directly on to mine and if so where can i get them from Thanks Dave

Hi, welcome to ASN. Read the faqs threads at the top of the page you should find out in there if this can be done. A few of the guys on here do retrofits so they will advise you also. Where are you from? Post pics of your car up for us to see. Enjoy the forum. :)

I'm afraid they dont mate.. You need new wings, bonnet and front bumper.. A few have done it, but its not cheap!

Is your s3 5 door? As said front LED DRL's require a new front end to fit plus coding and also automatic levelling and washer system installed if you don't already have xenons in your spec, if you have 5 door the rear LED lights can be fitted with some simple coding. If you have a 3 door there aren't LED lights available but newer style lights known as MY09 or MY11 lights which transform the car completely.

As the others have said - fronts is a no no without getting a full face-lift (bumper, bonnet etc), but the rears are literally a 5-min job, straight swap. Lots of people have done them, and most (including me) got them from a member on here called Nigel (NHN). He's a top bloke and will sort you out no bother.

Also, welcome.

Is your s3 5 door? As said front LED DRL's require a new front end to fit plus coding and also automatic levelling and washer system installed if you don't already have xenons in your spec, if you have 5 door the rear LED lights can be fitted with some simple coding. If you have a 3 door there aren't LED lights available but newer style lights known as MY09 or MY11 lights which transform the car completely.

SB (5-dr) S3 didn't come out until the 8P3 facelift, so guessing it's a 3-dr.

Thanks for the info people will have a look in to the MY 09/MY 11 rear lights as i hopefully start to transform my S3 :)