Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can you put forward your own opinions on the future S3 / RS3

Let me put a few questions -->

Price?
Engine?
Release?

However I keep asking myself why bring an S3, i think this because the new A3 3.2 is v.fast indeed but without the frills of the S badge. Could they justify the same engine for S enhancements?

Secondly If this is the case I will refer to the 1.8T what was the closest the broght the the S3?

It just all seems abit in the air if you ask me, RS3 maybe? 3.2 Twin Turbo would be so cool.

Dave

According to Colin M, from Sport Import, there is going to be a new S3, and he has said 3.2 V6 FSI, non turbo, circa 280 bhp. This seems a very good bet to me. Autocar also list the new S3 as coming in 2005.

I cannot see how Audi wouldnt release a S3, the A3 3.2 is more like the V6 4 motion

Price 28k

Dunc

Maybe your right, I hope the price is around £27K.

Also are there any really young drivers on current S3's, I mean like 18 year olds.

Dave

if there are i wouldnt like to pay the insurance haha, but have to keep the eyes open for the new s3 etc ive seen they are doing a s4 cab

I agree that we will see an S3, but I'm not sure we will ever see the RS3 as I can't really see where it fits in the market/Audi model line-up. The way the industry is running currently, a hefty rise in insurance premiums (due to the glut of performance cars around again!) could kill this anyway.

New S3 will probably be circa 28K making a possible RS3 (Avant?) price circa 33k. That's not that far off S4/Next model BMW M3 estate territory surely?

Maybe we should ask "who will be willing to pay circa £33k for an RS3 (without options)"?

I was hanging around thinking about going for an S3/RS3 but when I spec'ed an A3 3.2 this came to £29k so I decided that I couldn't justify that amount on a hatchback let alone a S or RS derivative.

I insteaf went for a 6 month old S4 which I get on Saturday. As SimonT says the price is not too much more (ok a bit!) but it'll be more metal for the money and comes with 400bhp (AMD stage 3).

The pricing of the S/RS3 will be very interesting.

Right the facts....Audi themselves quoted on there website audi.co.uk(it has since been mysteriously deleted although i have a copy in cache).
"The new Audi A3 will offer five new engines, three petrol & two diesel, including tax busting 2.0 ltr fsi. and Euro4 2.0ltr tdi. Audi plan a 280ps v6 S3, to be followed by a blistering 350ps twin turbo RS3 Model. "
there you have it obviously the v6 will be based on the 3.2.I reckon the rs3 will be the 2.0fsi twin turbo'd-ouch,i better start saving!!!
wait there i just thought to myself 4 cylinder twin turbo-no way,too messy(have to run them inline)
So either 3.2v6 tt or 2.7tt out of the s4.
my guess's on price s3-26/27k rs3 32kish

Found this quote from another site:-

Audi RS3

I just bought autocar today

abd guess wat!!!

Audi is making a RS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Rs3 is flagship a3 estate

350bhp twin turbo 3.2litre v6

0-62 in under 5 secs
limited to 250km/h

six speed dsg

weight 1500kg

with quattro four wheel drive

495nm of torque

233bhp/ton

233/35 tyres on 18's

launch set for october 2004

paddle shifter or full auto

costs 40% less then rs6

adopts audi new grill

I dun have pictures to post but i assure u,
(i am looking at the picture now)

IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......Hope its true

Danny

estate only!!auto only!! thats no good,were not all fat middle aged guys you know.Although i was right about the 3.2 tt....hmmm,they can fit a 3.2 in a tt,so they must be able to fit it in a old s3.project for someone!!

Paddle shift or full auto could mean DSG, which isn't quite as bad as a slush box (though I'm not ready for my pipe and slippers just yet...)

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
dbm said:
That should read Porsche, ofcoarse, I already have a porch!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan, is it a fast porch you have? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"The new Audi A3 will offer five new engines, three petrol & two diesel, including tax busting 2.0 ltr fsi. and Euro4 2.0ltr tdi. Audi plan a 280ps v6 S3, to be followed by a blistering 350ps twin turbo RS3 Model.
if this is right three petrol engine's then you already have 1.6fsi,2.0fsi and 3.2 so i think the S3 will be 2.0fsi turbo and RS3 3.2 v6 twin turbo ,the 3.2 only make's 20mpg so with twin turbo it will do about 8mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Can you scan the autocar page in please.

I must see this so I can get my willy out..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Aww Man, if there is an RS3 that would be so cool.

Whats on the RS's as standard ususally?
Whats on the S's usually?

Trying to see if any options would be needed...lol.

Sell my car, save £10,000 from job...SORTED, now the hefty insurance premium.

Dave...I'm in a world of my own.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif == RS3 all the way...Stick it out for the extra cost.

Sub 5 second for £33k

I can't see it being sub5 even if it did come with 350. B3ves had a 350 bph TT and that got extremely close but couldn't manage it. I'm sure the new A3 is heavier so even more unlikely.

14.5 hours to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

B6 AMD stage 3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DaveA3Turbo said:
Dave...I'm in a world of my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have put it better myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hehe Dave, Anyways I got soem good news.

Don't ask how I got this info because basically I was playing an online game and met this guy from Skoda in Germany who was pretty high up some where.

Anyways to cut a long story short here is the e-mail he sent me.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you get any computer bits for cheap?
Don't know much about Audis at the moment, but I think I found out what engine the rs3 is going to have.
3.2FSI with one or maybe two turbos, the skoda octavia is going to have the 3.2fsi with either no turbo or one turbo.

Thats all I know, oh and the rs3 is going to be an avant.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I dunno if you are going to believe me, but this was the e-mail and he has all the audis apparently, well RS's anyway. [censored]!!!

Regards Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

OMG, is this a confirmation that I just found.

Can we trust Microsoft, well thats a contridiactory according to windwows OS.

Anyways Im sure we can believe this.

Take a look

http://cars.msn.co.uk/geneva/news/audia3/

Dave --> I'm all excited about this one.

With 495nM torque it ain't going to using the DSG it is limited to 360nM.

I was talking to a friends neigbour last night who works for audis and he said they are planning 2 bring out the new S3 and RS3 and where thinking about the V8 in the RS3. Apparently the engine isnt that big.

definetely going to be the 3.2 twin turbo,will be awesome!!!

Really interesting read lol!

Reactions: robbiemac
User61759 pic52670 1351696218

GUYS! AM I missing something here?

WHY ARE YOU GETTING SO EXCITED over a 'maybe' NEW Audi RS3 when the *****O*ES at Audi UK can't get the current one right?

started April 2004..... You utter b@stards, poor guy's in bits:whip:........on the bright side he's the RS3 drivers arch enemy an S3 driver, yes I said it and you can quote me in nine years time:laugh: