New S3 Saloon order

rajeevx5

S3
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just been confirmed, ordered through carwow (Coventry Audi) at 11% off thought it was a great deal. However i've been told to expect delivery late march:frown: Is this normal? As my current A3 was 8 week wait? Anyways spec :
S3 Saloon S-tronic
Sepang Blue
Lunar Silver interior/ Alacantarra
Tech Pack
ILP
Driver Assist Pack with Park Assist Plus
B+O Sound system
Folding Mirrors
Auto dimming rear view mirror

Reactions: David83S3, G-S3, Simon L and 1 other person
Just been confirmed, ordered through carwow (Coventry Audi) at 11% off thought it was a great deal. However i've been told to expect delivery late march:frown: Is this normal? As my current A3 was 8 week wait? Anyways spec :
S3 Saloon S-tronic
Sepang Blue
Tech Pack
ILP
B+O Sound system
Folding Mirrors
Your new s3 saloon sounds very nice buddy
Nice colour choice too ;)

& yes, as all the A3/S3 saloons are made in Hungary they do take a little longer to build/deliver

Now the problem is to leave the brochure alone so you don't mess around with the spec. lol

Reactions: Blackwhite, Jassyo06 and rajeevx5
I ordered an A3 Sportback 1.6 TDI S Line S-tronic from Coventry Audi today through car wow & have been told to expect march delivery too.

S3 Saloon S-tronic
Sepang Blue
Tech Pack
ILP
B+O Sound system
Folding Mirrors

Comfort package a must,drivers assistance package give it a miss?

Reactions: Bristle Hound

& yes, as all the A3/S3 saloons are made in Hungary they do take a little longer to build/deliver

Now the problem is to leave the brochure alone so you don't mess around with the spec. lol

BH. Did you say leave the brochure alone? :haha: :redface new:

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Comfort package a must,drivers assistance package give it a miss?
I currently do have comfort pack on my A3 and find it very useful, however I like the functionalities of adaptive cruise control and lane assist. hence why i chose the driver assist pack. Combining the driver assist pack with interior dimming mirror has the same options as comfort back eg. driver assist pack includes acoustic windscreen, light and rain sensor pack and parking sensors which gives the same as comfort pack. I did try speccing comfort pack with driver assist pack but it wouldn't let me. Overall I still get all the functionalities of comfort pack:wink:

Im trying my best not to touch the brochure!! already considering adding pano roof!

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Blackwhite
Maybe delivery is delayed because they ran out of Sepang paint. So much of it has been used lately :whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L, AndyB-S3, veeeight and 1 other person
Pano roof is fab - also bit less Sepang paint needed. Two birds with one stone ;o)

Congratulations on your order.

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Maybe delivery is delayed because they ran out of Sepang paint. So much of it has been used lately :whistle2:

Yeah it's trending but l see more A4/A5's in sepang blue than the rare beast the S3
Love the colour

Congrats on the order!! Nice spec! :)

At this rate my rare 3dr, manual, panther black S3 will be rubbing shoulders (pricewise) with RS3's in the 2nd hand market!! haha

Reactions: rajeevx5, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Hi,

I ordered an S3 saloon and was told delivery during february, they even put it on paper.

I didn't know though about saloons being manufactured in another factory than the hatchbacks.
Perhaps the seller didn't either...

Hi,

I ordered an S3 Sportback (Daytona Grey, ILP, ***, Comfort Pack, Roof Rails, Privacy Glass) in the middle of September and was told beginning of March for delivery!
Luckily this has since come forward to the end of Jan.

Reactions: rajeevx5
Pano roof is fab - also bit less Sepang paint needed. Two birds with one stone ;o)

Congratulations on your order.
I'm very tempted to stay with daytona!! But feel like I need a change hahahah:happy:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hi,

I ordered an S3 Sportback (Daytona Grey, ILP, ***, Comfort Pack, Roof Rails, Privacy Glass) in the middle of September and was told beginning of March for delivery!
Luckily this has since come forward to the end of Jan.
I hope this will be the same for me, as jan is my birthday month doubt it though :(

Surprised VW/Audi haven't decided to save some money and make Sepang the only colour choice theres that many ordered in that colour

I didn't know though about saloons being manufactured in another factory than the hatchbacks.
Perhaps the seller didn't either...
Yes, saloons are built in Gyor, Hungary (along with the TT's I think).
In fact the saloon shares absolutely no body panels with the other A3's which makes it easier for them to build in a different factory I guess. They also make most of the VAG engines there.

Surprised VW/Audi haven't decided to save some money and make Sepang the only colour choice theres that many ordered in that colour

I've checked YourAudi this morning and my car is now in the 'Preperation Stage'. Last week it had moved forward to 7th December too, so looks like it is coming a lot earlier than originally quoted!
Delicious :)

I've checked YourAudi this morning and my car is now in the 'Preperation Stage'. Last week it had moved forward to 7th December too, so looks like it is coming a lot earlier than originally quoted!
Delicious :)
You are so lucky!, I haven't even received an order number or build week yet and its been 3 weeks since i ordered! How long did it take before you received your build week and ordernumber?

You are so lucky!, I haven't even received an order number or build week yet and its been 3 weeks since i ordered! How long did it take before you received your build week and ordernumber?
It took a good 3 weeks to be fair - I e-mailed my Salesman who gave me the order number to put into YourAudi.
Initially in was to be built in Jan, then moved to Dec which was nice!

Reactions: rajeevx5
Hi, ordered my S3 from Walton Audi last week (after they price matched Coventry Audi through Carwow) they told me car should be here in January.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000000959 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000000943 P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }

So can I ask, people who ordered through Carwow and also people who got big discounts, if you got finance, did you also get a deposit contribution on top? I'm thinking of ordering soon and on the Audi website S3 page finance calculator, they mention a Audi deposit contribution of £1500. Just wondering if I should be asking for that as well.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000000959 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000000943 P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }

So can I ask, people who ordered through Carwow and also people who got big discounts, if you got finance, did you also get a deposit contribution on top? I'm thinking of ordering soon and on the Audi website S3 page finance calculator, they mention a Audi deposit contribution of £1500. Just wondering if I should be asking for that as well.

As has been said the finance contribution is included in the discount....the discount anywhere depends on the RRP of the car your purchasing
ie you wont get a 11% discount plus £1500...

Just checked on myAudi tracker, got week 3 BW (18th Jan). However the tracking page is missing some specification?

Mine was ordered two weeks ago, and has a build week of 51??

Mind you I still have no idea where you guys are seeing dates on YourAudi... I had to email the dealer for the BW

Mine was ordered two weeks ago, and has a build week of 51??
have you ordered a saloon? and which dealer did you order from? Due to the equal distribution of slots between dealers, coventry audi probably didnt have earlier slots available as they go through so many orders.

It is a saloon, ordered through Walton Audi, who price matched Coventry!

And I just found the build date on YourAudi (under the order received tab - obviously)

And I just found the build date on YourAudi (under the order received tab - obviously)
haha you seem to be lucky getting a build week of 51, looking like end of jan delivery?

Seems like it... dealer was mumbling about mid January. We shall see.

Is the audi tracker accurate? I have conflicting information, the tracker says its in QC but audi UK say its not even built and will go into production next week? Who do I believe, as was hoping for a February delivery.

Is the audi tracker accurate? I have conflicting information, the tracker says its in QC but audi UK say its not even built and will go into production next week? Who do I believe, as was hoping for a February delivery.
Doubt if the tracker is accurate. Although would expect it to be behind Audi CS !
But whatever, knowing or not knowing won't make a scrap of difference to the delivery. Best thing is to ask your dealer. They should give you a weekly report at least at this stage.