New S5 Sportback just signed on the line!!

JATT

Reaction score
Hey All

Just thought i would write my first post on the forum ( as the other A5 forum is non existant!!).. had a test drive in the S5 coupe, awesome car and the upgrades from the out going model are amazing to say the least.

So signed on the line as they say for a S5 sportback in ibis white with Magama red seats options fitted the following :

Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Folding door mirrors
Privacy Glass
B&O
Turbine Alloys
Pan Roof

Managed to get 17% off including depsit contribution so happy days!! Roll on first week of June for pick up!!

Jatt

Reactions: Joetidman and Sandra
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Car sounds amazing. This a good delivery date on it. Can't wait to see the pics. Enjoy the forum while you wait for the car :)

Sounds a good spec @JATT looking forward to hearing more.

Wow, 17% is damn good. Well done!

Thats awesome mate congrats! I managed to get 21% off mine with deposit contribution and a nice £6000 discount. People should definitely try their luck when it comes to discount

Danny that is def a massive discount !!

Dont forget to add VW finance 6% interest rate and guaranteed negative equity if you have a balloon payment!
With mainstream affordable high-performance electric cars only 2-3 years away, expect many people buying cars today to end up in negative equity!

If you intent on buying a car, make sure you lease it! let the finance company deal with the negative equity! used car sales will fall off the cliff! New Electric cars will have an battery life of 1million miles and affordability will be cheaper then current cars!

If the cars on pcp he can hand it back at the end for the guaranteed value surely

yes he can, but dont expect any money left over! plus you put down a huge deposit that is lost!

The cheaper option is to lease a car! not only is your deposit tiny but so is your monthly payments! Leases are offered because unlike PCP where you are the end owner so the finance company buys the car on your behalf from the garage, it will then let you pay off the loan, the lease you will never own the car! and it comes straight from VW/Audi factory.

They do not use retail interest rates, but preferred ECB rates (at 0%) to finance the hire of your vehicle. Your effectively paying the depreciation cost for audi on the lease.

I compared my car on a lease vs PCP and despite the higher initial outlay the lease companies couldn't get anywhere near the price I got.

The deposit I put down was more than offset by the discount I got off the car which helped.

I'd always look at leasing but you have to look at the total cost of the 2/3 years as opposed to just the monthlies.

It depends how long you want to use the car and your annual mileage. I like to change cars every 2 years so buying a car is a no go with the huge depreciation. My S5 Coupe deal was £450 per month inc VAT for 10,000 miles per year on 3+23 so 26 payments totaling £11700 over 2 years. To buy the car you'd be looking at depreciation between £15k and £20k over the same period.

My PCP is close to that, £450 p.m. for 10k per year with 2k deposit, but when I change it there should be positive equity left in the car I will use as deposit on the next one.

yes he can, but dont expect any money left over! plus you put down a huge deposit that is lost!

The cheaper option is to lease a car! not only is your deposit tiny but so is your monthly payments! Leases are offered because unlike PCP where you are the end owner so the finance company buys the car on your behalf from the garage, it will then let you pay off the loan, the lease you will never own the car! and it comes straight from VW/Audi factory.

They do not use retail interest rates, but preferred ECB rates (at 0%) to finance the hire of your vehicle. Your effectively paying the depreciation cost for audi on the lease.

LOL Harlyslamm how can you possibly predict the future and the nature of the UK market!

I been buying audis for the past 14 years each on on PCP and not once have i gone back to Audi on trade in and lost my deposit. Fistrly having worked for Audi / BMW and Porsche it all depends what car you go for .. what model and what spec.

Reactions: Buck
After weeks of monitoring this site I have finally taken the plunge and signed up for the S5 Sportback. Really excited now.
Mythos Black
Light vision pack - including virtual cockpit
Flat bottom steering wheel
Privacy glass
Folding mirrors
Rear camera

My car is starting production on the 19th June. Managed to get 14.75% discount. (PCP)

Seemed like a good deal what you guys think?

After weeks of monitoring this site I have finally taken the plunge and signed up for the S5 Sportback. Really excited now.
Mythos Black
Light vision pack - including virtual cockpit
Flat bottom steering wheel
Privacy glass
Folding mirrors
Rear camera

My car is starting production on the 19th June. Managed to get 14.75% discount. (PCP)

Seemed like a good deal what you guys think?

That's not bad at all, I think some have managed to get a bit north of this, but I got about the same with a good trade in deal so was happy all in all.

That's also quite a quick build allocation you've got.

Now the painful wait begins!

Hey All

Just thought i would write my first post on the forum ( as the other A5 forum is non existant!!).. had a test drive in the S5 coupe, awesome car and the upgrades from the out going model are amazing to say the least.

So signed on the line as they say for a S5 sportback in ibis white with Magama red seats options fitted the following :

Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Folding door mirrors
Privacy Glass
B&O
Turbine Alloys
Pan Roof

Managed to get 17% off including depsit contribution so happy days!! Roll on first week of June for pick up!!

Jatt

Nice spec and good deal!

I'm already missing the B&O system from my TTS, the *** is ok but the B&O system is awesome!

Nice spec and good deal!

I'm already missing the B&O system from my TTS, the *** is ok but the B&O system is awesome!
Thought about the B&O but could get myself around to pay £750. Logic is that being a premium male I should already have a half decent sound system in. May be disappointed- I hope not

Dont forget to add VW finance 6% interest rate and guaranteed negative equity if you have a balloon payment!
With mainstream affordable high-performance electric cars only 2-3 years away, expect many people buying cars today to end up in negative equity!

If you intent on buying a car, make sure you lease it! let the finance company deal with the negative equity! used car sales will fall off the cliff! New Electric cars will have an battery life of 1million miles and affordability will be cheaper then current cars!
I'll do all that I can to avoid electric. Some of us not interested.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I'll do all that I can to avoid electric. Some of us not interested.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Yes some of us not intrested. if I was intrested even the slightest bit I prob would have gone for an ultra model!

Reactions: Terminator x
Thought about the B&O but could get myself around to pay £750. Logic is that being a premium male I should already have a half decent sound system in. May be disappointed- I hope not

The *** is totally passable, but in an ideal world, and with hindsight, I should have specced it, I guess it depends how much time you spend in the car as well. The *** is considerably better than the standard systems I've had in previous cars, I've just been spoilt with the B&O in my TTS for the last couple of years so it's a noticeable difference to me.

On a positive note you'll enjoy listening to the V6 exhaust note which comes as standard!

@R.A.G I think you need to give the sound system a bit more time to loosen up. When I first got mine it was tight and not the bet sound but has warmed up nicely on the last few weeks. It's not a premium system but certainly a good one for a standard car offer IMO.

That's good to hear, thanks Buck.