New stuff on a budget

LordNelson

Reaction score
i dont know if it is just me being picky, but im pretty sure my stock dampers have given up the ghost......they dont bounce yet, but they seem to be very wallowy (if thats a word).
think is, im on a serious budget, especially with it being this time of year.

so, im after new dampers on a budget. thing is, im not bothered about razor sharp handling as i dont drive the car hard. but i do want it better than it is now. so, do i go for new stock items or some uprated aftermarket jobbies.....i have found some Jamex dampers on fleabay for £180 but dont know if id be better with stock.

reason im on a budget is because i think im in need of new stopping power. braided hoses and possibly new discs (at least at the front) due to a spngy pedal. which brings me to another issue....if im stood still with foot on the brake, and i put more pressure on it, the pedal slowly moves further to the floor. i would expect that when the brakes are on, the pedal wouldn't be solid, or is there something there that allows the pedal to do this?

any thoughts on my issues? :uhm:

Last edited:
in my experience you get what you pay for. if you dont drive the car hard can you not just save for another month or so and go oem after say xmas and the new year.