New Style Window Switches

Unfortunately that logic doesn't apply to the doors, you would either have to swap the entire switch and swap the door module and require the looms or just swap over the chrome tips. I recommend the latter.

Reactions: Kevin A3 Quattro
Unfortunately that logic doesn't apply to the doors, you would either have to swap the entire switch and swap the door module and require the looms or just swap over the chrome tips. I recommend the latter.

Thanks for the info- Always quick responses- much appreciated

Reactions: Orange225
What would I need for the mirror and window switches for a 2008 S3 Sportback facelift?

Are all the Audi dealers pretty much the same price for these? I don't have an account with TPS.

Greetings all, how easy is it to take off the door cards and is taking the door cards off the only way to change the switches ?

Holy thread revival Batman...

So one of the driver side window switches have started to peel off and I'm looking for options for our 2005 A3 Sportback.
It seems that Ali Express and eBay is full of window switches, like these, which are the plain old ones I have already.

I however noticed that there are chrome tipped ones available for VW Golf/Tiguan etc. which look close to the Audi ones. Question is does anyone know if the buttons are interchangeable? Also, there are similar ones available for the 8V too, wondering if the buttons can be re-used also?

Wait, so you can't simply swap the old drivers window switch, with the fl (silver tabs) one?

Yes you can, the whole unit that is.

Reactions: vdt
Hahaha vdt. Welcome to the party. AND You can change the led to any color you want. Got to love soldering iron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vdt
All 4 switches are one unit
So just to confirm, I cannot just replace the drivers side with the upgraded one? I have to replace every door switch as well?

Do you mean the switches in every door, or the 4 switches in the drivers door?

if it’s the latter then all 4 switches are in one module and can be changed independently of the switched in the other doors.

Do you mean the switches in every door, or the 4 switches in the drivers door?

if it’s the latter then all 4 switches are in one module and can be changed independently of the switched in the other doors.
I thought 4 switches on drivers door is one unit, no? I'm just looking to change that for now, will however change all other door switches later.