New to me B9 2.0tdi Quattro

Gooders

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello all.

Well I am making the move from my b8 to this 2016 B9 Quattro. First time with an auto box, was a very smooth drive back with her.

Any tips or things I need to look out for ?

Cheers

Gooders.
55ae7406d417352072a2eac578749dee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
Very nice. I’d say have a quick look under to see if the gearbox sump is leaking - common on these.

Otherwise you’re good to go.

Thanks I will, if needs be get it sorted at next service.

Is yours the Stronic or ZF? On the V6 lower powered models I think it was Stronic but above 400Nm it is the 8 speed ZF I believe.
I've had 2 Stronic boxes and both have been fine. I just leave mine in the Auto driving mode most of the time as it seems fine for most purposes.

Some people complain of lag in certain situations, usually when the box thinks it is going to down change to a stop maybe, but then you go for a gap in traffic and it doesn't respond immediately. But you can always use the S setting to improve this, or just override with the paddles for short periods like when overtaking, that's what I tend to do, as then it is like a manual. It will then revert to automatic after a short while, or you can force it with the lever.

Overall very good gearbox, but I always think of it more as a kind of auto manual rather than a conventional automatic, which I always disliked previously.
I like the intelligent coasting feature as well, works really well on fast roads with small inclines, so you lose less speed downhill due to unnecessary engine braking.

Mine is a seven speed stronic, first time in an auto so getting used to it lol. Sports mode is interesting