New to RS3 Forum

RS3Shuk

Daytona Grey RS3
Reaction score
Thought I would introduce myself. Soon to pick up an RS3 in Daytona Grey (61 plate) and remembered Audi Sport net from when I had an A3 1.8T Sportback. Bit concerned to hear about all these brake issues, but seems like the fix is soon to be coming in the way of a recall. Have already primed the Audi dealer about my concerns regarding this and asked them to check that all other recall items have been done. Thankfully the car comes with warranty till 2016 and 2yrs free servicing.

Anyway, generally a complete car nut and currently run a E46 M3 manual as the weekend car. Have had an E60 M5 and SLK 55 AMG amongst other machines. Selling my 130i M Sport for the RS3 and almost bought a M135i (but figured it was too ugly to spend £35k on). Having said that the M135i is the best all round BMW I have driven. The RS3 is something I have always wanted badly, so thought what the heck. First RS product for me, almost bought an RS4 a few years back until the dealer quoted me £1600 a year for the extended warranty. Hope the experience of owning this car is enjoyable and trouble free.

Thought I would introduce myself. Soon to pick up an RS3 in Daytona Grey (61 plate) and remembered Audi Sport net from when I had an A3 1.8T Sportback. Bit concerned to hear about all these brake issues, but seems like the fix is soon to be coming in the way of a recall. Have already primed the Audi dealer about my concerns regarding this and asked them to check that all other recall items have been done. Thankfully the car comes with warranty till 2016 and 2yrs free servicing.

Anyway, generally a complete car nut and currently run a E46 M3 manual as the weekend car. Have had an E60 M5 and SLK 55 AMG amongst other machines. Selling my 130i M Sport for the RS3 and almost bought a M135i (but figured it was too ugly to spend £35k on). Having said that the M135i is the best all round BMW I have driven. The RS3 is something I have always wanted badly, so thought what the heck. First RS product for me, almost bought an RS4 a few years back until the dealer quoted me £1600 a year for the extended warranty. Hope the experience of owning this car is enjoyable and trouble free.

Welcome back to the forum. Hope you have trouble free motoring when you get the RS3. Post pics up when you get. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi RS3Shuk welcome to the RS3 section. That's a great car history you have there, It'll be interesting to hear what you think of the RS3 in comparison to the various BMW's.

cool..... delighted for you, post up some pictures when you're sorted and welcome on-board:thumbsup:

It's not every RS3 that has problems RS3Shuk; some of us owners are VERY content with their RS3, and I for one wouldn't thank you for a BMW, but let's not go there.

Welcome (back) to the Forum, RS3 and all.

I've had a few BMW's -

E36 M3
E36 M3 Evo
E46 M3
E46 M3 CSL
E60 M5
E92 M3

have to say bar the CSL I would take the RS3 over all of them!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

I've had a few BMW's -

E36 M3
E36 M3 Evo
E46 M3
E46 M3 CSL
E60 M5
E92 M3

have to say bar the CSL I would take the RS3 over all of them!

Welcome to the forum!

Impressive list of M machines there Gilford. I have to say that the E46 M3 (Manual) is the most special car out of all the cars I have owned. Reckon if I had the fortune to own the CSL that would also be at the top of that M list. Although the E60 M5 was a complete brute of a car and handled brilliantly, I got fed up with the 180 range on the tank and the SMG box. Great when your driving it like you stole it, but a bit of a pain otherwise.

Before going for the RS3 I had a drive in an E9x Saloon. Great car from M division, but it only really excited me when putting the hammer down. Even then I kept thinking that it wasn't near enough as enjoyable as the E46 M3.

Looking forward to picking the car up on Saturday and getting to really understand what it is all about.