New to RS3

0120raptor

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls.
I`ve had an A3 Quattro remapped for a long time now.Love the car but it`s time for more power.Hence I`m looking for an RS3. 2011-2012 £25000- £30000. I`ve heard about the brake squeal and occasional propshaft snapping under launch control.Is there anything else to look for problem wise that these suffer from.
Thank you.

Hi there,

Not too much really, except if your buying one with Warranty make sure its not been previously mapped, if Audi find any evidence they may not want to fix it under warranty..........

Squeaky brakes can be sorted, propshaft bolts snapping not a problem here, however there are owners that this has happened to.......

Try and find an unmolested and full dealer history example that way you can be sure its have all the relevent bits done

I believe a forum member on here recently sold his to Volkswizard (Daytona Grey) google them.........they seem to have a good reputation

Hi there,

Not too much really, except if your buying one with Warranty make sure its not been previously mapped, if Audi find any evidence they may not want to fix it under warranty..........

Squeaky brakes can be sorted, propshaft bolts snapping not a problem here, however there are owners that this has happened to.......

Try and find an unmolested and full dealer history example that way you can be sure its have all the relevent bits done

I believe a forum member on here recently sold his to Volkswizard (Daytona Grey) google them.........they seem to have a good reputation
Hi there,

Hi there,

Good point about the remap.Hadn`t thought about that.

Reactions: T-800
One just come on Autotrader
10,800 miles 12 plate Red lady owner

£30,500

I went from my stage 2+ S3 to my RS3.
Absolutely love it and best move I've made car wise.
As above do your homework on any RS3 your thinking of buying as there's loads out there been tinkered with and put back to standard for trade in.
As any car you get what you pay for and although there's plenty under £30k there's a chance they're cheaper for a reason, decide what spec and options you want and go from there.
When I was looking I wasn't sure what colour I wanted but knew I wanted alloy styling pack, cruise control and already had the brake upgrade.
One owner with full Audi history and extended warranty which soon narrows them down.
I looked at a grey one a black one and a red one, I fell in love with the red!
Went for a test drive in the red one found a service invoice in the glovebox contacted the previous owner a 60 year old man, spoke to supplying dealer and Audi UK done a HPI.
Went for a second roadtest equipped with a paint depth meter and bought it.
With a performance car like the RS3 you can only rule out as many could be issues then go for it and rely on warranty if needed.

Reactions: T-800 and 45bvtc
I went from my stage 2+ S3 to my RS3.
Absolutely love it and best move I've made car wise.
As above do your homework on any RS3 your thinking of buying as there's loads out there been tinkered with and put back to standard for trade in.
As any car you get what you pay for and although there's plenty under £30k there's a chance they're cheaper for a reason, decide what spec and options you want and go from there.
When I was looking I wasn't sure what colour I wanted but knew I wanted alloy styling pack, cruise control and already had the brake upgrade.
One owner with full Audi history and extended warranty which soon narrows them down.
I looked at a grey one a black one and a red one, I fell in love with the red!
Went for a test drive in the red one found a service invoice in the glovebox contacted the previous owner a 60 year old man, spoke to supplying dealer and Audi UK done a HPI.
Went for a second roadtest equipped with a paint depth meter and bought it.
With a performance car like the RS3 you can only rule out as many could be issues then go for it and rely on warranty if needed.
Thanks for the reply.It seems the RS3 owners are a good bunch of lads (or girls) full of useful info.

Reactions: T-800 and 45bvtc