New to the forum.

875000s

Reaction score
Hey audi-sport members.

I have an 87 5000s that I recently aquired from a lady for 300 dollars. Its got some issues..

The car has been sitting for a few years and everything associated w/ fuel is all gummed up. The fuel pump wont turn is one thing.I took the pump out of the tank and hooked it to 12v. You can hear the motor inside wanting to turn..it makes like a clicking sound. The tank has 1/2" of 2 year old fuel in it. Man old gas reeks!

Im pretty motivated to get it running again..I sprayed some starting fluid in the intake and it kicked over. Interior is in perfect condition, as is the body. Auto tranny, though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sorry for the long post and awesome site guys.

Welcome to gang 875000s sounds like you are going to be busy for the next few weeks fixing her up .....i would just replace the pump as it will probably be goosed

Drain the tank as it will be full of rust and crap off of the sides

Yeah, Im in the process of looking for a pump now. Maybe I can find one from a member here...Ill post in the cIassifieds.

I did clean the tank. Actually had to drop it because theres no drain.
I had planned on dropping it anyway just for the reason you stated.

Ill try to get up a few pics this week.

welcome man im pretty new myself im a owner of a 88 audi 80 i had same issues car was sitting for three years gas went bad just drain the gas if the car can turn on then do that to burn it off it will smell really bad though burt yea just like rev head said drain the gasoline i had a little issue with mines it plugged my injectors so the car was missfiring but i fixed that anyways welcome again ps who cares if its automatic or stick as long as it drives heheh