New to the Forum..

PGunter

Reaction score
Hello,

Just purchased a lovely 2008 A4 B8 3.0 Tdi Quattro manual saloon. She will be delivered by the end of the month. Years ago I had a coupe quattro which i regret getting rid of. So now to replace my VW CC GT Tdi I decided to get this lovely A4.

She has a full spec with leather, xenons and B&O sound system too.

One question. What do people think of the various remaps that are on the market ? up to 20% mpg improvement ? in the real world ? I am hoping for low / mid 40's as the majority of my driving will be on dual / motorways.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Welcome along Gunter.
I appreciate you'll get it at the end of the month, but post a few pics up soon as you can to keep the hordes off your back .

Where in the country are you located?
I'm getting my 3.0 BiTDi stage 2 mapped next week by EcoTune in Glasgow. They're very trustworthy with German cars up this neck of the woods, oh and I'm getting between 43-52mpg on a run as standard from the 3.0 lump in an A7 :thumbs up:.

Reactions: PGunter
Hello,

Just purchased a lovely 2008 A4 B8 3.0 Tdi Quattro manual saloon. She will be delivered by the end of the month. Years ago I had a coupe quattro which i regret getting rid of. So now to replace my VW CC GT Tdi I decided to get this lovely A4.

She has a full spec with leather, xenons and B&O sound system too.

One question. What do people think of the various remaps that are on the market ? up to 20% mpg improvement ? in the real world ? I am hoping for low / mid 40's as the majority of my driving will be on dual / motorways.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to seeing pics of the car. Enjoy the forum :)

Well I have just grabbed a couple. One from my visit to the dealer and the other from the advert. I hope it shows it off to the best. The colour in the light is just great but it needs a full clay and polish without a doubt.

IMG 1336
IMG 1339

Reactions: Sandra and Phil.MC
Well I had the delivery of the A4 today. Took the driver up to the Auction Centre at Blackbushe and had a great drive back through the countryside. Just loved the feel of the car. Heres a photo of the new arrival with the BMWs in the background.

IMG 1394

Reactions: Sandra and Audi Bairn
Looking excellent :)

Looking excellent :)

Thank you. She actually needs some good old fashioned clay and polish. You can feel the ‘grit’ in the paintwork. Some Fusso wax should protect for a while.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
Hello! I'm also new to the forum, but looking to give my opinion on the remap question you had. Although my experience isn't a larger engine such as yours, mine was on a 1.6TDI VW i owned previously, and it went from 105bhp to 139bhp, dyno proven too, but the figures weren't the full story, it drove much better. Regarding fuel economy i never saw a noticeable increase in MPG under normal driving, but obviously it was worse when going for it. It was worth every penny just in the difference in power delivery! Hope it helps :)

Hello! I'm also new to the forum, but looking to give my opinion on the remap question you had. Although my experience isn't a larger engine such as yours, mine was on a 1.6TDI VW i owned previously, and it went from 105bhp to 139bhp, dyno proven too, but the figures weren't the full story, it drove much better. Regarding fuel economy i never saw a noticeable increase in MPG under normal driving, but obviously it was worse when going for it. It was worth every penny just in the difference in power delivery! Hope it helps :)

Thank you for your reply. Looking into the wording of these. I would say snake oil springs to mind. The claimed improvement in mpg is that you can use a lower engine rev’s to get the same speed. Puzzling as I thought gear ratios were fixed. The mind boggles.

I am now getting 40 plus mpg which is what I was looking for. Happy days. Might still get a remap done this year though just for the fun.

Thank you for your reply. Looking into the wording of these. I would say snake oil springs to mind. The claimed improvement in mpg is that you can use a lower engine rev’s to get the same speed. Puzzling as I thought gear ratios were fixed. The mind boggles.

I am now getting 40 plus mpg which is what I was looking for. Happy days. Might still get a remap done this year though just for the fun.
In theory, i'd say you can get better MPG in a car thats quite underpowered standard and have to work it hard to get the car moving. After a map, the extra torque would help the car move along and working the engine less, therefore getting better MPG. That's my theory anyway, but i can only speak from my experience! If you get the same MPG as before, with extra power, still a win! :)