New to the forum

sparticus

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just picked my 2004 A3 1.6 sport at the weekend and was really enjoying it even though its so slow compared to my old S3 but the fuel savings are quality.

Anyway this morning i put the laptop in my boot and went to close it but it wouldnt stay shut and just bounces as if the clip wont engage although everything is aligned and the clip is in the open positon.

Has this happened to anyone else? if so i would appreciate any advice.

cheers in advance

never had an issue with this but just check that the button in the boot releast "handle" isn't depressed contantly making the lock think you want to open the boot (If you know what I mean?!)

i take it i just need to squeeze it a couple of times to make sure its out?

Hi everyone another newby here, i'm new to the Audi scene so dont really now much about em', but just got my S3 the other day its only a 2000 in ming blue totally standard seams ok so far.

sparticus said:
i take it i just need to squeeze it a couple of times to make sure its out?

urm, yeah, though looking at the way this thread is going I think we'll be appearing on inuendo bingo shortly...........

ahhh come on nothing wrong with a little squeeze now and again :hubbahubba:

just incase anyone else has this problem it was just a sticky solenoid attached to the pin which opens the latch, just remove and squirt a bit of wd40 and your laughing