New to the RS3 owners club

Arkious

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, I have been on the forum for around 2 and a half year whilst I was in ownership of my A3 2.0 TDI 170 Black Edition. Having absolutely loved that car but decided I should have bought a 5 door I thought it would be a good opportunity to go all out and follow what the heart wanted most.

I was torn between the S3 8V and the RS3 8P but decided on the RS3 for the following reasons. Price as I think the RS3 will hold value better, straight-5 kind of speaks for its self, stealthiness looks fantastic without screaming look at me!

So, after hunting round for quite some time and having a nightmare with my first purchase, I found this beauty up in Edinburgh Audi which has been looked after exactly the way I shall look after it, perfectly! Driving back yesterday was driving gold, hell loads smoother than my A3, glued to the road and speed/ power is amazing! I think what I was most surprised at was how much of a nice drive it was when you didn't want to cane it, drives like a perfectly normal car. Touch that accelerator though and you let the lion roar and just WOW!

Anyways I hope I can make an active helpful member of the forum, looking forward to being part of it.

Jay

RenderedContent 755E0159 6E2B 4C57 9E8A 08F7B62E3268

Reactions: Jake 61, THQuattro, Terminator x and 4 others
STUNNING...

Reference the RS3 Forum (8P Chassis): Buying an RS3 Discussion in 'RS3 Forum (8P Chassis)' started by Arkious, Oct 1, 2016; and 22 days later he's purchased a stunning 8P RS3.
smileyfaceapplausegif_zps0lew9opx.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: RStu3, Scottyg, Arkious and 1 other person
Looks wonderful mate, sounds like a good buy :)

Reactions: Arkious and 45bvtc
Reactions: Arkious and 45bvtc
Cheers, had a nice bit play today and just cant get over how amazing it is to drive :D

Should have said in my original message but big thanks to John with all the help and advice he has given me in the run up to buying the car :)

Reactions: Jake 61, Scottyg and Sandra
Our John is a wealth of Audi and engineering knowledge! Although he does struggle when it comes to F1.
IMG 0965

Absolutely stunning car Jay. Enjoy it and let that 5 pot sing to you everyday.
IMG 0956

Reactions: Jake 61, 45bvtc, Arkious and 1 other person
Quick question for you guys, is it possible to set this screen on the instrument cluster on the RS3? I had it in my A3 as it displayed everything neatly but can't seem to find it. Cheers

IMG 7056

Trying to assist I've just been up and down with my RS3 screen display and I can't find anything near to 52.9mpg :blush:

Sorry... There's lots of data in computers #1 and #2 so you need to go toggle through 'em and find what's best for you. Average mpg for me is of interest but nothing else, I just wanna drive the damn thing... And now you do, too... :racer:

Reactions: Jake 61
Although he does struggle when it comes to F1. View attachment 107801

Absolutely stunning car Jay. Enjoy it and let that 5 pot sing to you everyday.
View attachment 107802

The struggle I get is when trying to show to others the error of their ways; that said the secret of some peoples misjudgements has been clearly shown to be down to ones 'locality'...

Hey Sandra!! Don't let Scottyg hide here making 'Hamilton' fan club postings...
6_15.gif

Reactions: Scottyg
Trying to assist I've just been up and down with my RS3 screen display and I can't find anything near to 52.9mpg :blush:

Sorry... There's lots of data in computers #1 and #2 so you need to go toggle through 'em and find what's best for you. Average mpg for me is of interest but nothing else, I just wanna drive the damn thing... And now you do, too... :racer:

It's more the remaining fuel in miles I was interested in, but like how it had MPG trip overall and current as per throttle position all on the same page. I quite liked that version of the trip computer as it was more minimalist instead of the huge text on computer 1 and 2. But yeah loving it haha, can't get enough of it!

Reactions: 45bvtc
mine sits permanently on digital speedo, if fuel economy is a concern you bought the wrong car! :racer:

ohh no not worried about it, just liked having the ability to see everything the way it was displayed on my A3 do thought to ask if it's possible. So far it seems though that it isn't, not to worry tho :)

It can be coded in with VCDS Arkious.......

I had it on an 2011 A3 TDi then noticed it wasn't present on the MK1 RS3, i found it using VCDS......

Reactions: Arkious
It can be coded in with VCDS Arkious.......

I had it on an 2011 A3 TDi then noticed it wasn't present on the MK1 RS3, i found it using VCDS......
Ooo where do I find it? Instruments?

Thanks very much :)

Reactions: Sandra
Ooo where do I find it? Instruments?

Thanks very much :)

I think it was in instruments long coding.....

It's been a few years since I changed it.

It was the one DIS setting the RS3 didn't have and I liked that you could have multiple items displayed together.

Reactions: Arkious
Congratulation, mine is also a 2012 daytona grey, you will love it!!!!!!!

Reactions: 45bvtc and Arkious
I think it was in instruments long coding.....

It's been a few years since I changed it.

It was the one DIS setting the RS3 didn't have and I liked that you could have multiple items displayed together.

RenderedContent 4D8E9D06 84D8 4E7B BD2C 7C44C702740F

Yey! Long coding 0033XXX to 0289XXX

Now just need this alternator/battery issue of mine fixed. Ohh and on another note, does my fuel gauge look right for a full tank :/

FYI Audi fitted a new Battery and a new Exhaust. The exhaust valve failed so the exhaust was replaced with no hassle but they weren't going to change the battery due to 'customer negligence', but a quick call to Edinburgh Audi and they resolved the issue quickly. Car sounds great

There ya go, sorted; now for the 034 ARB... :racer:

There ya go, sorted; now for the 034 ARB... :racer:

no no not yet... now I can finally fit the secondary cat bypass! its been killing me sitting there in the shed waiting for the car to have been into Audi

no no not yet... now I can finally fit the secondary cat bypass! its been killing me sitting there in the shed waiting for the car to have been into Audi

Gonna be music to your ears...
19.gif

Just ordered a Milltek for the A1
:yahoo:

No pockets in shrouds....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake 61 and Arkious