New TT owner with window problem

trophy160

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new TT owner (yesterday) and new to this form. Have an issue with the car, dealer says they will put it right but....... when the passenger door is opened for more than 15 seconds or so, then both passenger and driver's windows open. Can prevent this from happening if as soon as the passenger door is opened I press the lock button on the remote. Any brilliant ideas, also is this the best forum for this type of question. thanks

Nic

the only way around doing it is taking the door card of un doing the plugs which connect the door electric window switch and resetting it its a long winded thing and can take time getting it to reset to stop it. check the glass on the door and see if the bagde stamp on the glass match the other side . if it doesnt it means the door glass has been broken and not been reset by the fitter that changed it . it will need resetting the easy way to do it is by taking it into audi and getting them to plug it into there comp and they can reset the whole car that way . there is a small chance it could be a faulty switch on the window switch but i dont think it will be that normally in that case the windows wouldnt work at all . i hope this info is any good to you . mark hobbs rac autowindscreens......:icon_thumright:

Thanks Mark, getting Audi to reset it sounds the easiest way, but you are saying that the fault I have described is 'common' and fixable by a reset then?

yes lots of cars have the same problems mercs and bmw both are a pain in the **** aswell normally like i said u need to just run it into a dealer and get the car reset.........