New Tyres

Kevint

Reaction score
Website
www.lickmyear.org
I'm after four new tyres, I generally just use a local place but thought I'd search the web for prices first.

Looking for 205 55 16s and I found some Eagle F1s for £63.70 inc. VAT & P&P each here. Which looks like a good price.

What should I expect to pay for fitting, valve and balancing at a local garage?

Anyone else get mail order tyres?

Kev.

Never got or thought of getting mail order tyres! Seems like a very good price for those tyres!
May consider next time, depending on fitting etc costs at garage!

My tyres will need replacing later this summer. Also, the alloys are due to be refurbished again. Last time I had the wheels refurbed, I made the mistake of getting them done before getting new tyres. Of course, a month later & the monkey in the tyre fitters left scratches all over the wheels.

This time, I'll get the new tyres off the net, & put them on when the wheels are refurbished. That way, I pay nothing for fitting, valving & balancing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used blackcircles.com got 2 F1's fitted/balanced etc for £75 each. They allow you to select where you get them fitted. So I went for a place 1 mile away and he said he could have done them for £10 less per tyre - doh! So my advice is use black circles to get the price then phone the places they recommend for fitting and see if they'll do it cheaper.

Cheers Andy,

BC are £5 more expensive for the tyre and that does not include P&P. I'll take your advice though and ring around tomorrow.

Kev.

You may not like them but i've used part worns for quite a few years now, i currently have some nice pirellis on mine, 225/40/18 and they were £30 each and are virtually mint.

Kevint, if you don't mind travelling a fiar few miles, there's a small place near me, just outsied Sandwich, called Foxborough Tyre Co. and we tried them at work here after getting a price from MyTyres (who I have used cause of price) and they worked out cheaper fitted. For example - for bosses Saab 93, 2 x 225/45ZR17 Continentals - £100 each fitted.
Can't remember their number, but look on thomsonlocal.co.uk and you'll see it. They will no doubt be able to beat other prices locally. Jay

Cheers Jay, I've give them a look.

Local place quoted £99 per tyre fitted, or £10 each to fit mine making £74 per corner - not bad at all!

Kev.

Try a place in Margate called Richard's Trade Tyres - 01843 292460
Well worth a call - always the best price I've found.
Quoted £65 all in for F1's on my A4.

my tyres lost my tyres, i got them 4 weeks later! only after several phone calls, they gave me a rubbish excuse as to why i hadnt recieved them, they said the courier couldnt find my house, now i could understand if i lived in the middle of nowhere, but my house has to be one of the easiest ones in the world to find, needless to say the courier had my mobile number but never rang, my tyres also did not inform me, it was only after 14 days of not recieving them i rang them when they fobbed me off. i would NEVER use them again.

I get Avons for £45 fitted 205.55.16 from local supplier in South Wales, I get good discount being a taxi driver.

cheers jason