New wheels again!

MisterD

Reaction score
After an 'incident' the other day - (don't really want to talk about it, too painful) here are the part exchanged wheels on the car.

Ouch, I feel your pain. Those were nice wheels that you had before. Kudos on the new ones as well, not too bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif.

I just ordered a set of these in 18"
at_flash_sport_ci3_l.jpg

Cooool choice, Pekka!
They will look really good on your A6. What colour is the car?

My new wheels are those ones I posted a picture of in the other thread. By the time I worked out the cost of re-furbishment/replacement for the others, it worked out at not much more to part-exchange them for these new ones. The supplier had actually run out of full sets of my old style, so maybe he needed them to sell to someone else.

Anyway, the new style look a bit more 'sporty' to me, if they'd had them in stock the first time 'round I think I would have chosen them anyway!

[ QUOTE ]
MisterD said:
Cooool choice, Pekka!
They will look really good on your A6. What colour is the car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I actually don't even have the car yet. It should arrive in about 3 weeks (waiting is pure agony /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif). The colour is ebony black, the same as my current A3. It's very hard to keep it clean all the time, but it also looks very good when it's polished up to a nice shine.

Your car looks really good, I even considered getting an Avant even though I have no need for the added space. I just like the way they look. Oh well, maybe if I win the lottery, I'll get an RS6 Avant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Pekka said:
maybe if I win the lottery, I'll get an RS6 Avant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't we all?!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

No, unfortunately that's not my place, it's my grandparents' summer place. I live in downtown Helsinki with very little nature close by /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Since the place in the pictures is less than 200 miles from Helsinki, I've made it a habit to visit my grandparents a couple of times every summer. They stay there until it gets too cold (my grandpa is 84 already so it's quite a strain on him heating up the house, etc). Grandpa makes a wicked brew of a local beer called "sahti", he's actually promised to whip up a batch for his 90th birthday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

On the subject of wheels...
I have too considered replacing the stock A6 wheels with something a bit dressier, but some cars have problems with aftermarket wheels (calipers stick out too much, no venting,whatever) .
Has anyone had any problems with replacing A6 wheels?
Any pointers or gotchas?
Mike