New Wheels Finally Here!!!

J6YAK

Team Java Green
Reaction score
So after a very long 6 month wait, yes 6 months!!! My Summer wheels are finally here just in time for winter I know but at least they are here. Here's a few pics, I'll post more tomorrow with a decent camera.

This one shows the concavity

Reactions: VirgoJr, JudderMan, d8ean and 11 others
I like because they are a bit different without being In yeh face :cool:

Just out of interest are they 18's or 19's?

are you sticking to the standard ones for winter then or swapping those out for 17" with winter treads?

looking on the Ispiri site, the satin graphite actually look quite tasty. Where did you order from?

and tbh, the ISR8 are probably the ONLY nice wheels they do

Not a fan.
Old fashioned and too much standard silver.
IMO.

the BMW on the site advertisement looks like a JOKE

Capture3

Reactions: Pulp84
I
looking on the Ispiri site, the satin graphite actually look quite tasty. Where did you order from?

and tbh, the ISR8 are probably the ONLY nice wheels they do

I actually ordered from Ispiri themselves as back in March when I called them they weren't available, it took them 6 months to get them here, I should have the first set of 19s I recon.

so you got 8.5x19 ET 45 wheels, what tyre size 235/35? everything looks to fit nicely I take it you're lowered also

Not a fan.
Old fashioned and too much standard silver.
IMO.

They are far from standard silver, inners are satin silver and the face is polished then all is coated in a satin clear powder coat.
I went for all silver to pick up on the silver trim and rails, I found the grey inner of the standard wheels actually looked green against the blue body and just didn't work. They work fine with all other colours tho.
Old fashioned .....wot ever????

so you got 8.5x19 ET 45 wheels, what tyre size 235/35? everything looks to fit nicely I take it you're lowered also

Correct, 235/35x19, lowered on H&R springs.
I think it sits spot on now

Reactions: monopole
These look really nice! No denying that. If it were my car I would've got a darker colour alloy. Would set it off that little bit more

I like to contrast between the rims and car in terms of colour, very nice. Also like the detail of the deep rim behind the spokes - looks really good

Reactions: J6YAK
They are far from standard silver, inners are satin silver and the face is polished then all is coated in a satin clear powder coat.
I went for all silver to pick up on the silver trim and rails, I found the grey inner of the standard wheels actually looked green against the blue body and just didn't work. They work fine with all other colours tho.
Old fashioned .....wot ever????

I had wheels like that on a 2002 Clio, albeit in anthracite.
I think they would look okay on the 2002 S3, but the newest S3 is crying out for something a bit more modern.
IMO.

Reactions: The Challinor
So after a very long 6 month wait, yes 6 months!!! My Summer wheels are finally here just in time for winter I know but at least they are here. Here's a few pics, I'll post more tomorrow with a decent camera.

This one shows the concavity

Finally mate! Looks the business! Another S3 with owner added 19's option how which should of been offered at order!
Nice deep exclusive colour btw ;-)

This interests me very much in those sizes especially if there's no rubbing. :)

So they're 8.5 x 19 ET45 with a 235/35/19 and lowered by H&R springs - that same combo on the previous S3 caused me some severe rubbage especially with a couple of people in the back - even with the screw in the back bumper removed

Have you had anyone in the back yet?

I'd like to know if you get any rub when fully loaded up

This interests me very much in those sizes especially if there's no rubbing. :)

So they're 8.5 x 19 ET45 with a 235/35/19 and lowered by H&R springs - that same combo on the previous S3 caused me some severe rubbage especially with a couple of people in the back - even with the screw in the back bumper removed

Have you had anyone in the back yet?

I'd like to know if you get any rub when fully loaded up

Not really driven it anywhere yet but I will today and I'll let you know

They look great, but I quite like the anthracite coloured wheels.

So do I but not with such a dark blue like Estoril and all the silver trim just wouldn't work
I totally agree, the silver works perfect with the darker colour, picks up rails, etc.

Makes me want a new set and I haven't even got car yet!!!!!

I'm of the same opinion the blues with silver trims work much better with new silver rims

I'll be changing mine at some point.

Not sure what the designers were thinking at audi Gmbh when deciding on the colour of the standard S3 alloys? As mentioned, on lighter cars they work well and of course blacks too! But on darker colours they just don't work well at all imo! Perhaps they should of allowed customers to choose a different finish like hyper silver for darker coloured cars and 19's too not just for the saloon.

Fair play to the guy for actually going ahead and buying a set of aftermarket wheels instead of just speculating all the time.

Not really driven it anywhere yet but I will today and I'll let you know

Hey J6YAK!!

Looks amazing!

I'm REALLY keen to hear your thoughts on the ride with the H&Rs fitted.

A few people have said that they could barely notice the change in ride characteristics with them fitted.... I find that a bit hard to believe to be honest...

Any chance of a quick review of them after a decent drive?