New Wheels!!

IIIadidasboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

following the recent fiasco in trying to fit my new Brembo kit:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=74820

I've decided to bite the bullet and bring forward the purchase of some new wheels.

Over the weekend I've been scouring the web for info and ideas and I've been basically cross-referencing A3 and LCR fitting guides to try and weed out what will and wont fit. I've evaluated all the main suspects (with the exception of OZ at the mo) and I now have a shortlist.

I'll post pictures up a bit later today so you can comment on the asthetics, but I'd initially love to hear your feedback and opinions on the general quality of the various makes and models:

BBS CK
BBS CH
Borbet LV5
Borbet XA
Dezent Motion
Dotz Roadster
Finichi Taranto
Inovit(e) DTM
KEI Flux
Ronal R47
Team Dynamics Pro Race 2

Thanks.

Thanks jojo, but the link doesn't work for me :notme: they must of been a steal!!

I'm going to post some pics HERE in just a mo, just realised that this site works a bit different - so a quick read of the tutorial and I'll be back....
:rtfm:

[edit] Looks like I can't post attachments?! - do I need a minimum post count or something.......... looks like a bit of post whoring is about to go on!!!

Last edited:
Double post I know but......
I may not post attachments :rulez: and I can't seem to be able to upload any pics to "photobucket" albums - admittedly I've never used PB before and I'm using a work PC so that may be it.
Can someone give me some pointers?

Double post I know but......
I may not post attachments :rulez: and I can't seem to be able to upload any pics to "photobucket" albums - admittedly I've never used PB before and I'm using a work PC so that may be it.
Can someone give me some pointers?

Try uploading to the gallery on here :)

I think the wheels are lovely - was asking the them (B3LSY) via seatcupra.net for details, but I haven't been back to check!! - oh well. They're ET38, and I was thinking ET30 for mine.
If you want them then you might need to be quick - noticed they'd got a few PMs

TBH - ming blue: don't know, noggy: yes - why not try photoshop to be certain.

..........I would snap them up now than wait thinking about it, and of course they would look better on a Black or Silver car. :moa:

They're a good price - and obviously would look better on a silver or black car!! ;)

What BBS are you running now then Rick?

Here we go....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My vote would be 12....but replicas so I could spend the saved cash on other goodies.

How about BBS LM Replicas,...

1120_1716aPPOhGwx34kw.jpg

http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/detail.php?siteid=1308

Tom

Thanks for the feedback Tom.

Like I said in the OP, I've been cross-referencing A3 and LCR fitting guides to try and weed out what will and wont fit - BBS LMs do not fit an LCR (at least without spacers) and therefore would not fit over the Brembo Jr kit. :(

As you know, I was originally looking for OEM - which is an issue in itself - and I'm now compromising (slightly) by using aftermarket, albeit good quality alloys (hopefully!! ).

For me, the strength and weight will play a major part in this decision - and I don't think that BBS reps are going to be anywhere as strong or as light as original BBS - if I then start throwing spacers into the mix, then all I'm doing is adding to the weight.

I was surprised at your 1st choice!! - you're not biased!!! ;)

p.s: thanks for adding the pics for me :thumbsup: