Newb looking at B6 A4, advice needed...

Kev_A

Reaction score
Hi all, posted this in the newbie area but was advised I might get more answers here :)

First off, my name is Kev, I'm 25 years old and I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne.

I don't actually own an Audi atm, far from it infact, I'm from the Jap scene, I currently own a '96 BPU Toyota Supra twin turbo.

However, I'm looking into something a little more family oriented as my girlfriend is expecting our first child, something along the lines of an A4 would suit me quite well I think.

I've been looking for a replacement for my Supra twin turbo as I need a more family oriented car, though not specifically an Audi, I've looked at Honda Civics, accord's etc. and I've previously owned a 3.2 Vectra V6.

Whilst up at the place I bought my Supra this afternoon (Vine place sports and performance) I noticed a '52 plate A4 Quattro Sport 180 sitting in front of the showroom (2.5 TDi), I must admit I've never given them a 2nd glance before but it seemed literally loaded to the hilt with equipment including full heated leather, all electrics etc.

It even has plenty of m.o.t & fsh! The only thing that puts me off is the mileage , at 113,000 miles it's no virgin, however, I am sympathetic to the fact that it's an 8 year old car (even though IMO it doesn't look it as it's as clean as a whistle!)

I've done no digging with regards to price but TBH, one of the reasons I'm looking at this car as that the garage that is offering it offer exceptional customer service and really look after you! TBH I'd be looking to do a swap for my Supra that I've spent circa £3k on in the last 12 months since I bought it, maybe even get a little cash back, we'll see.

What do you VAG heads think of this car? Is the 2.5 TDi a tuneable motor? I've heard magical things about remaps for Audi's is 113,000 merely breaking in mileage for this sort of car (not literally of course) The car is not going to be a daily driver, I have a brand new transit for work, I'm after a smart, spacious, reliable saloon/hatchback that I can have a bit of a fettle with and ferry my new family around in safely and comforably

BTW, here is a link to the car...

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1478057.htm

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Welcome to the forum Kev :sign_welcome:
Have a search for buying advice for the 2.5 as it's been covered a few times in the last 6 months. That mileage is not something to be concerned of really, personally i would budget in £500 to have the timing gear replaced for your own peace of mind (been there done that with a FSH)...... :blownose:

Tuning wise, they can be increased to 210bhp with a simple remap/tuning box. I went the box route on mine and it made a big difference to performance, driveability and also economy. Much above 210 needs new injectors and you may run into fuel pump problems. Check out fjtwelve's 'Superchips' thread in the diesel section if that interests you.

That looks like a clean car, gut instinct is the price is a bit high, but I'm not an expert on that.

:sign_welcome:
Nice example, in dolphin grey to . price is a little strong for age and miles IMO, maybe worth a haggle !!!

Thanks for the comments, hopefully going for a proper look an maybe a test drive tommorow evening, Price wise, I don't think there'll be any movement TBH, as I have no cash to put into the deal it'll all be on the strength of my Supra's price, he should give me a good P/X as he specializes in performance and modified cars, when I P/X'd my Corsa VXR for the Supra around 18 months ago he gave me £2k more for it p/x than the Vauxhall dealer I bought it from!