Newbie A4 Owner To A Newbie A5 Owner!

AudiB8

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Joined the site in March I believe after picking up my 14 Plate BE A4, 12,000 miles later, my 64 Plate BE A5 got delivered yesterday. Plans are the "probably" keep this one for a bit longer! :)

I did have the TDI-Tuning box fitted to my A4 but I've heard some issues of them while fitted to the S-tronic like on my new one so a bit reluctant to get it re-mapped to the new car! Plans are to get her lowered and she seems to be sitting a bit high currently but I'll wait to see if it settles after some miles.

Anyway here's a photo of mine and Mrs cars after delivery yesterday! :)

914dc3a8198e0b1aed057a4f6f525c2b.jpg

Reactions: RS5 JON
Hi AudiB8, I've recently moved to an A5 from an A4 b8, and loving it.
Enjoy your new motor mate, it's a cracker. :thumbs up:

Well i done 250 miles this morning driving it to work in the pitch black and apart from the manual to Stronic change it was a very familiar place to be at 4am in the pitch black. Although now it's light, I'm a very happy man :)

Congrats and welcome along. Sure you'll love the motor, although as you say perhaps not that much of change from A4 to A5 from where you're sat.

Out of curiosity... do you and the Mrs live next door to each other!? :laugh:

Reactions: CHEZ and RS5 JON
Question ......... do you and your wife live in different houses ? :)

Great car and cool you both got new cars on the same day.

You have just made me realise though that now my 63 plate car is a full year old !!!

What colour A5 you gone for and why did you change from the A4 so soon ?

Gotta love black edition though :cool:

Haha no we don't, our next door neighbour has now turned 92 and no longer drives so he allows us to park one of the cars on the drive! He thinks it improves the look of his house when the Audi is on there! Hopefully he likes the new one as much! :)

Yes the same engine in a very similar car was bound to make the drive almost identical! At least in the dark anyway!

It's the Daytona Grey, lovely fleck in the paint! It's a lot more noticeable than the metallic of the old Misano Red.

Well I racked up 12,000 miles by the time I PXed and needed tyres soon, have a good contact in Audi that gave me a very good price and I get a good military discount, so went for it! :)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Shrek5
Ha ha nice one ... great neighbor to have that but like thier thinking :)

Daytona is fantastic !!
Love the fleck and really suits the A5.

Love misano too though so great to have sampled both.

Chopping in before tyres and servicing plus a good deal is a shrewd move.

Sure you'll love the coupe 5 :cool:

Hey guys,

Joined the site in March I believe after picking up my 14 Plate BE A4, 12,000 miles later, my 64 Plate BE A5 got delivered yesterday. Plans are the "probably" keep this one for a bit longer! :)

I did have the TDI-Tuning box fitted to my A4 but I've heard some issues of them while fitted to the S-tronic like on my new one so a bit reluctant to get it re-mapped to the new car! Plans are to get her lowered and she seems to be sitting a bit high currently but I'll wait to see if it settles after some miles.

Anyway here's a photo of mine and Mrs cars after delivery yesterday! :)

914dc3a8198e0b1aed057a4f6f525c2b.jpg

Nice change of car. You will find the guys in here really friendly and helpful. Enjoy the new car. :) x

Reactions: AudiB8
sounds like you you've a nice neighbour, enjoy your car, I recently lost my A5 V plates too, loving it! first Automatic car too and enjoying it even more.

Ha ha nice one ... great neighbor to have that but like thier thinking :)

Daytona is fantastic !!
Love the fleck and really suits the A5.

Love misano too though so great to have sampled both.

Chopping in before tyres and servicing plus a good deal is a shrewd move.

Sure you'll love the coupe 5 :cool:

Yes he a real gem of a neighbour to have. Something ive taken for granted up until my Dads next door neighbours house got rented. New tenants are a nightmare.

Yes im loving the Coupe, although two days in the 3 door is beginning to annoy me. Hopefully wont have many more passengers the rest of this week. :)

sounds like you you've a nice neighbour, enjoy your car, I recently lost my A5 V plates too, loving it! first Automatic car too and enjoying it even more.

Luckily I had an Automatic A4 B8 the other week as a hire car, so it prepared me well for this week haha.

Ok, so I'm guessing you've done 500 miles by now, lol. Lovely colour, a few more pics wouldn't hurt...

Haha no only did a few miles to the shop and back yesterday but you know what it's like with the guys wanting a ride in it etc. My milage happens on a Monday and Friday back and forth to my camp. Doesn't really move in the week. I'll get some later for you! I can't guarantee anything decent though! I'm an iphone type photographer lol

Yeah the more pics the better and no matter the quality - iphone is fine :cool:

I'm sure you will soon adapt to the coupe, if you don't need 4 doors on a regular basis.

Only problem I find is squeezing out the damn huge doors when I put it in the garage.

A few photos of the colour as promised.

092a5444e2405176a7b3622d2a4eb197.jpg

85d970ea6c31e32ecadb4ab6b74326a3.jpg

636e5fe49aff18f7cebab5ba1c9dd2d2.jpg

And trying to show off the reflection

dc200dacc037fd7472b4e5922de8d8a8.jpg

Reactions: Statler and Shrek5
Lovely looking motor. Glad to see this thread as I've just ordered a new A5 Daytona BE s-tronic myself!

My path is similar too, having got a new car in March but chopping it in a lot earlier than I thought. However, my path sees me coming from an A5 Special Edition cab! I loved the car but hated the colour (big error on my part) and bit the bullet on Saturday. They had one available in group so I pick it up next week.

Wasn't after s-tronic but drove one and was blown away

So thanks for posting these, as they're very good pics of the motor!

A quick sneak peak of today's antics! Car is absolutely filthy sorry :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418596745626027

Can anybody guess what this is...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419350902157154

:)

Helluva a mod just to get the Christmas tree in the boot.... :D
More importantly, just how much have you dropped the suspension?

Reactions: AudiB8
Helluva a mod just to get the Christmas tree in the boot.... :D
More importantly, just how much have you dropped the suspension?

To be honest I'm not exactly sure. I didn't measure it to begin with.

They are KW street comfort coilover so I'm guessing around 40mm ish?

RS5 boot lid with electric spoiler?
Is there a prize if I'm right, lol!
JG

Yes sure I'll send you some left over wire when I'm finish!

And I'm please to announce that you are correct!

What's the address :)

Reactions: RS5 JON
Pic's of the finished result will do, interesting project, maybe even a build thread. :idea:
Wire as a prize? Thought I may have got an unwanted xmas gift at least, lol.
Good luck with this mod mate, keep us updated.
JG

To be honest I'm not exactly sure. I didn't measure it to begin with.

They are KW street comfort coilover so I'm guessing around 40mm ish?

Yes sure I'll send you some left over wire when I'm finish!

And I'm please to announce that you are correct!

What's the address :)

Any more pics with the KW Street Comfort coilovers on?

Hi guys seems to be a popular move. I've just swapped my A4 2.0TDi manual Allroad for an A5 Cab 3.0 S-Tronic. Only done 22 miles in it so far but loving it - so quiet