NevMan

Well known member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I had posted yesterday, but can't seem to find, so here goes again....

Been in and around forum for some time, but more active in the past few weeks as I mulled over changing my A6 Avant for a new Q5. Never been a patient person (especially when it comes to cars), so ordered a Mythos Black 2.0 TFSI that was on it's way to the UK (as ordered by Audi UK) with most the options I wanted. Only others I would have added would have been piano Black inlays and flat-bottomed steering wheel. SO much quicker and responsive than my Gen 1 2.0 TDI Q5 lump :icon thumright: Collecting on Saturday, so will post pics

:thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Hi, car sounds good. Look forward to seeing pics. :)

Hi, car sounds good. Look forward to seeing pics. :)

Some pics from collection day
ae1cba8a9c89f80e15a081923a2182fa.jpg
ae1cba8a9c89f80e15a081923a2182fa.jpg
650de0f3ce0d232da5f63230bdf3c6b0.jpg
4812791341bb4f4e46c0d772ef873ea8.jpg
36edf0033ab825219679ef6c884ce504.jpg
893fa30f4a9ba819121c2efa986b081c.jpg
d506429e9ae5812a578a753df3808b20.jpg

Will add some better interior ones, as not great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra and BarryG79
Looks fantastic. You must be really pleased with it.

Reactions: NevMan
Some pics from collection day
650de0f3ce0d232da5f63230bdf3c6b0.jpg

Stealthy looking Q5. I really like the lower part of the bumper on the non-sLine Q5, it's not trying to look like a fake exhaust which is cool.

How are you finding the refinement and tech compared to your A6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stealthy looking Q5. I really like the lower part of the bumper on the non-sLine Q5, it's not trying to look like a fake exhaust which is cool.

How are you finding the refinement and tech compared to your A6?

This is a S-Line model. Loving the tech and refinement compared to A6 and streets ahead of my old Q5. CarPlay and other stuff is really nice, but didn’t stretch to Tech Package this time, as another £1350, when all I would have wanted was VC.

This is a S-Line model. Loving the tech and refinement compared to A6 and streets ahead of my old Q5. CarPlay and other stuff is really nice, but didn’t stretch to Tech Package this time, as another £1350, when all I would have wanted was VC.

Oops, sorry to downgrade your ride ;)

As you say, with Apple Carplay and Android Auto you didn't need to go full tech pack. Though the bigger screen is nice. Old Q5 is almost pre-iPhone in it's tech so not surprised you're loving the latest Qt offering!

Is your Q5 for daily use? How are you finding refinement of the 2.0 I4 diesel?

Oops, sorry to downgrade your ride ;)

As you say, with Apple Carplay and Android Auto you didn't need to go full tech pack. Though the bigger screen is nice. Old Q5 is almost pre-iPhone in it's tech so not surprised you're loving the latest Qt offering!

Is your Q5 for daily use? How are you finding refinement of the 2.0 I4 diesel?

No worries Yes, the old Q5 was almost pre iPhone tech. Agree on the bigger screen, but just couldn’t justify this time. As I am a closet petrol head, I went for the 252bhp TFSI this time, as only do 8-10k per year and wanted to go back to petrol. In all honesty would love to go SQ5, but too many expenses in recent times means I should be a little sensible. Your SQ5 that is on the way is a lovely spec!

Look forward to the pics when you get her.

Reactions: mxnrg
No worries Yes, the old Q5 was almost pre iPhone tech. Agree on the bigger screen, but just couldn’t justify this time. As I am a closet petrol head, I went for the 252bhp TFSI this time, as only do 8-10k per year and wanted to go back to petrol. In all honesty would love to go SQ5, but too many expenses in recent times means I should be a little sensible. Your SQ5 that is on the way is a lovely spec!

Just to add, the TFSI is lovely, quiet, refined and quick. Had a long test in a 3.5k one a few weeks back that sold me on it.

Reactions: mxnrg
@q5man car looks awesome. Enjoy it to the max :)

I’m so blind, TFSI badge and I asked you how your diesel was #AudiFail I drove the 2.0T and found it quiet and smooth. You have yourself a sensible and classy car.

I have always made the sensible choice in the past with cars and always promised myself a V6 before they die out. The wait on the SQ5 is now getting to be a drag 3.5 months in. At the moment I’m trying to work out which car transporter ship my car is on, yes very sad I know. Roll on May!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m so blind, TFSI badge and I asked you how your diesel was #AudiFail I drove the 2.0T and found it quiet and smooth. You have yourself a sensible and classy car.

I have always made the sensible choice in the past with cars and always promised myself a V6 before they die out. The wait on the SQ5 is now getting to be a drag 3.5 months in. At the moment I’m trying to work out which car transporter ship my car is on, yes very sad I know. Roll on May!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, it is good to be back in Q5, and have to say (outside of obvious Tech upgrades) SO much better than Gen 1.

It will be worth the wait, LOVE the SQ5, and your spec is nice!
I had the Matrix LED in the A6 ultra, and have to say it is noticeable from the “normal” LED’s I now have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice, enjoy your new Q5, just ticked 600 miles in mine and loving it so far!

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra