newbie from notts

nezhayley

Reaction score
hi all,newbie here.had my s1 a week now.brought it brand new from audi nottingham.all i can say is its a fantastic little motor and enjoying it alot so far.

Hi Welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Whats the spec? enjoy the forum. :) x

just trying to work out how to upload.lol.
i went for mythos black with silver contrast roof.privacy glass.18"wheels.full leather.sat nav and the audi sound system.
image_zpsad6agqkp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in notts this weekend and just saw a blue S1 (first I've seen in the wild). From the title wondered if it was you, but I guess not! Welcome :)

thanks for the welcome.where in sunny notts are you?thankfully ive not seen another one yet.i like to feel exclusive lol thats why i got rid of my old car.

I'm currently sat in Annies Burger Shack, but staying with friends in Ilkeston. Not got the S1 with tho :(

Welcomeate, Ive had mine 4 days but can't drive as pulled a muscle in back so can't drive

well when your backs sorted you will love it,great little car.
took mine on an 180 mile round trip yesterday and loved every minute of it,and to say its a new engine i got some good mpg figures.so its win/win

Still can't drive!!
What sort of mpg did you get?

got 36mpg set on auto with some spirited driving.loads better than my old motor

Decent mpg!
Just bought a alloy quattro gear knob and rear car mats, didn't realise it came without them.

Good afternoon..

I`m Pat from Lincoln and co-own a tuning company called LVS racing we are a Revo dealer and sell performance parts from Milltek, eibach Forge etc etc

If you would like any advise regarding any performance upgrades then please feel free to contact me

p.s I mapped an S1 last week and the thing was a pocket rocket :)

Regards

Pat

p.s I mapped an S1 last week and the thing was a pocket rocket :)

Regards

Pat

Hey Pat,

I don't mean to derail or hijack the thread, but was there any sign of the clutch slipping afterwards? Thanks :)

HI mate

Nope I had no issues.. This was a low mile vehicle, all Revo software is designed to work with the O.E hardware on the vehicle.. Only issue I have with stage 1 maps is the Golf MK5 ED30... They just cant handle the torque, but this is the same on any software :)

Pat

Hi pat

There's a few members on here with pretty much as new vehicles who have suffered clutch slip I think one has a tuning box and the other a remap from ABT.
Is it to early to check to see if your customer has any problems?
Do you know if revo did any long term testing as originally I wasn't but I might be tempted.

Hi Andy

Thats interesting!!! I`ve got another coming in next monday, I will most likely be mapping this one myself so will keep an eye out with slippage.. Certainly havent got any bad feedback so far.. Its really down to how there mapped..

We map cars very much like OE but you get sooo much more power and torque delivery :), If you want an aggressive map then I can set it up but personally i like the car to drive like O.E :)

Hi Andy mine has the ABT remap. I haven't had any problems yet but haven't done a massive amount of miles yet

Hi Andy mine has the ABT remap. I haven't had any problems yet but haven't done a massive amount of miles yet

Hey Ian,

Are you going to remove the box when you get the car serviced at Audi? Can you do this yourself or does it need to go to Richter first?

Ian I think abt remap is via the obd port I think another member josephdebardi has a tuning box both different.
Good to hear that the other Ian has no clutch slip.
Hey Ian,

Are you going to remove the box when you get the car serviced at Audi? Can you do this yourself or does it need to go to Richter first?

ABT uses a piggyback unit/tuning box - link

All performance-relevant measurements and parameters are analysed, fine-tuned and translated into ABT POWER commands in an extra control unit.

Apologies mate.
Just read it.
Does this show on any diagnostic equipment when took off.
I had a Renault sport Megane with a superchips remap and it did.

Apologies mate.
Just read it.
Does this show on any diagnostic equipment when took off.
I had a Renault sport Megane with a superchips remap and it did.

I had an email conversation with Richter Sport earlier today, and they have assured me that the cars they have installed the box in have not had any warranty issues and the TD1 flag is not thrown.

I'm still not sure if my balls are big enough :(

Can I ask how much the box is?

The TD1 one software is an issue but anyone questioning this please give me a call to discuss as I think we have a loop hole so everyones happy :)

Wow that's expensive.
A superchips remap is £365 with a warranty a revo remap £599.
I had a bluefin on one of my cars which means you could take it off when in for a service but superchips haven't done one for the s1 yet.
To be totally honest nearly £2100 is a joke!

HI guys

Just be aware NO software provider can offer a "Warranty", were a Revo dealer and I am am 100% confident with the product they sell..

Revo are certainly one of the market leaders out there!!!

Pat

Wow that's expensive.
A superchips remap is £365 with a warranty a revo remap £599.
I had a bluefin on one of my cars which means you could take it off when in for a service but superchips haven't done one for the s1 yet.
To be totally honest nearly £2100 is a joke!

Don't forget that you have to add VAT to Revo's price, but there is a group buy going on that offers a 35% discount.

Sorry nezhayley, I seem to have taken your thread in an unexpected direction :(

I can remove it as it is a separate AEC plugged into the original Audi Unit. I probably won't bother because there is a sticker on the engine cover telling them what I have lol. I have a 2 year 100k warranty also. I have been assured by Richter that it's valid in the UK, even tho its in German. It is expensive but I liked the fact that it won't give you the full 310 bhp until the engine reaches 90 degrees.

Don't forget that you have to add VAT to Revo's price, but there is a group buy going on that offers a 35% discount.

Sorry nezhayley, I seem to have taken your thread in an unexpected direction :(
thats kool,it make for an interesting read whilst i figure out how to upload pics lol