Newbie observations and questions

Squirrelly

Reaction score
Morning,

I've just become the proud owner of an 2013 A4 Avant TFSI S-Line (170ps) Black edition in Daytona grey metallic. I'm the last family member to be converted as my daughter has MK2 TT and my wife an A1 1.4 TFSI.

First impressions are I like it, lots...
But... (and this is where I should have done more research) I'm a little disappointed that what I thought to be a well spec-ed car is missing silly little (but important things) like Bluetooth music streaming from my android phone and illuminated vanity mirrors, folding door mirrors etc. I dare say I'll find more missing things, if that makes sense, as time passes.

My first step in improvements must be to tidy up the rusty looking brake calipers. As the car has 19" Rotor wheels the calipers are almost always totally visible. I don't want to over-bling them with lairy colours so am trying to decide between silver or black. Perhaps even matt black? Has anyone any preferences?

Cheers.

Reactions: Sandra
Welcome to audi-sport.net. I like red brakes, they always look good, but Matt black if you don't want them in your face standout. Any pics of the car and we can look at the wheels see what suits? Hope you enjoy the forum ;)

Reactions: James.B8
IMAG0392
Welcome to audi-sport.net. I like red brakes, they always look good, but Matt black if you don't want them in your face standout. Any pics of the car and we can look at the wheels see what suits? Hope you enjoy the forum ;)

Ok if I've uploaded correctly this is the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sandra
Red would look amazing, but if you want the understated look I would say Matt black be the one to go for. Lovely car. Enjoy it. :)

Reactions: James.B8
Welcome along.

I've painted mine. Went for silver hubs and back plates and black calipers.

87e2be26eaf2974687d2f53d8ea197db.jpg

cff38671653e63ff28c50cbe9c63344f.jpg

Like so.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Welcome along.

I've painted mine. Went for silver hubs and back plates and black calipers.

87e2be26eaf2974687d2f53d8ea197db.jpg

cff38671653e63ff28c50cbe9c63344f.jpg

Like so.

Thanks Feva, that's pretty much just what I had in mind.
They look really good! I'm guessing the calipers are matt and not gloss?

Reactions: feva
Can't remember what it was, I'll have to have a look. If it was gloss doesn't look too shiny almost satin.
Quick clean off with brake cleaner wire brush loose off then clean again. Really quick easy job which finishes wheel area off imo.

The S4 just gets gloss black on its callipers as standard and looks acceptable to me, maybe even easier to keep clean than satin or matt, though I do tend to have plenty black satin and matt ready for sorting things out. I used a wire brushes on these alloy back plates, but I'm sure a quick clean up and a coat of silver paint would be easier!