Newbie question FL vs PFL

misterleeman

Reaction score
I've just snatched someone's car (in transit) who back out of purchasing - 2018 RS3 Daytona Sedan. Should be at port next week. Not sure when it will be released since there appears to be a "stop sale" on RS3's here in the states.

I've been catching up on this forum about the RS3. I can't find anywhere on the interwebs what "FL" and "PFL" mean.

Anyone care to enlighten me please ?

I've just snatched someone's car (in transit) who back out of purchasing - 2018 RS3 Daytona Sedan. Should be at port next week. Not sure when it will be released since there appears to be a "stop sale" on RS3's here in the states.

I've been catching up on this forum about the RS3. I can't find anywhere on the interwebs what "FL" and "PFL" mean.

Anyone care to enlighten me please ?
PFL = Pre-Facelift (Original batch of 8V cars)
FL = Facelift (Current generation, about 2017+)

is there any more detail on the stop sale potential you have heard about? I am north of you but curious what it might be about. Waiting not very patiently for my car to show up

If you search the interwebs for "audi rs3 sale stop" you can find other people discussing it.

The gist is that Audi is holding all cars at the port for a software update. Some people are rumoring that it is to quiet the popping the exhaust does. There is speculation the update won't be available until the end of the month. :-(

OMG - not that old chestnut again........ :blahblah1:

Reactions: misterleeman