Newbie questions on 2003 2.5tdi Avant

terryp

Reaction score
Hello
After a long spell away from Audi (We had a 1996 Avant for 3 years from new as a company car) we have recently bought a 2003 Audi Avant 2.5TDi on 120000 miles.
On searching the archives our car has all those little interior problems that all cars seem to have, So :-
Our armrest lid is obviously broken, has anyone tried one of those cheap eBay parts from China / Hong Kong ?
Is there anything that can be done about the rubberised coating coming off switches, especially the air con + & - does anyone make a sticker set?

Thanks and all the best
Terry

Audi A4 Avant 2.5TDi
Jeep Cherokee
Caterham Super Seven Sprint
Lotus Elan S4 ...in pieces!

I am on my 2nd 2.5tdi and not experienced any such problems but heard of scratch damage.Try black marker pen.I have wondered whether the markings can be beefed up cos the aircon buttons arent easy to pick out.You might find an armrest on ebay

Hello
After a long spell away from Audi (We had a 1996 Avant for 3 years from new as a company car) we have recently bought a 2003 Audi Avant 2.5TDi on 120000 miles.
On searching the archives our car has all those little interior problems that all cars seem to have, So :-
Our armrest lid is obviously broken, has anyone tried one of those cheap eBay parts from China / Hong Kong ?
Is there anything that can be done about the rubberised coating coming off switches, especially the air con + & - does anyone make a sticker set?

Thanks and all the best
Terry

Audi A4 Avant 2.5TDi
Jeep Cherokee
Caterham Super Seven Sprint
Lotus Elan S4 ...in pieces!

Welcome to ASN. Enjoy the forum. :)

or u can get carbonfibre sheets and put over the window buttons thats what im goina do!!

Thanks for the replies, I have temporarily put a sticker over the + and - but my wife doesn't like it as at night you can't see which is which. :-(
As for the armrest, I think I may go the velcro or magnetic catch route
Cheers
Terry