Newbie to the forum saying hi

banana_man

Reaction score
Hiya
I'm planning on buying an s2 or rs2 in the next month or so as I ve had enough of my corrado G60 and thought I would dig for some info on here. There seems to be a serious lack of s2's and rs2's for sale at the moment, are there any good places to look for them? I ve tried autotrader and a few others but they dont seem to be turning up many results. Another thing I was wondering , has anyone done a buying guide for either of the 2 models like what to look out for when viewing, as I have no real backgroung knoledge on them. If any of you could help me out that would be great

cheers
Ant

There is a buying guide at www.s2central.net

If you are into modifying, how much power do you want from the car will determine whether you go for an S2 or an RS2.

If you want 380bhp and 400lb/ft torque the RS2 with a decent exhaust and proper remap by www.mrc-developments.com is the way to go - as that is cheap, and insurance won't be horrendous. If you want more than that, you will be changing most of what makes the RS2 different, so you might as well start with a cheaper S2.

Any questions - ask away - I know a couple of things about S2s.

Doug

Ok cheers for the advice guys! I probably wouldn't keep the car standard for long as I do get bored and have to have a fiddle, I ve had my corrado now for 4 years and basically haven't stopped tweaking it in search of more power since I ve had it £13k later and I'm still bored with it so time to move on and get something naturally quick that can be made to even quicker :0) So maybe the s2 is a better option afterall.