Newby advice please...

rossbrownlee

Ross_S4
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello all.
I have a metallic black S3 (8L chassis), it has pretty bad swirls all over the place on all the panels and has basically been neglected over the years in terms of bodycare.

I have tried polishing these out using menzerna and hand pads after getting some excellent advice from JD09. However...

I wasn't getting the swirls and scratches out as well as i'd hoped so bought a DA polisher and loads of goodies from Polished Bliss and read up their excellent guides. I am pretty happy with how good the panels I have done look after polishing (by that i mean they look excellent compared to how they were before and i consider them good for a first timer...).

I am needing some advice now for a couple of areas that I want to tackle next...

1 - The small dished area at the driver and passenger door handles, how can i effectively get at these small awkward areas without just hitting the edge? hand polish?

2 - Whilst washing the other day, I must have caught a stone chip with the pressure washer because there is a section of the lacquer that has come away about 8mm x 20mm leaving the paint below. Is there any way to repair a small section of this? or is it better to go for a respray of the bonnet?

3 - The trim that runs down the sides about halfway down with the slightly curved outer face. What is the best way to polish this? a small pad or just by hand? It is like the rest of the panels and pretty swirly.

Thanks, any advice gratefully received.
Ross.

Results looking good so far, you want to get yourself a nice small pad to do the areas that are hard to get to, or spend abit of time going over it by hand, just will take awhile to get a really nice finish by hand.

You can invest in a small german applicator pad or even with microfibre cloth and polish down the hard to reach areas.

Although the finish wont be the same, but with some elbow grease it will shift :)

See it as a challenge to do a little each time you wash the car and over time it will go.