Next-Gen A3 Render

VWNCC

Reaction score
No idea how accurate it is, but seems to align relatively well with previous spyshots.

c09e9bee-audi-a3-all-new-spied-first-time-3.jpg

7c0d7bcd-2020-audi-a3-carscoops-1.jpg

Reactions: dp_motley, ASRman, NevMan and 3 others
Pretty aggressive looking if that's a standard model rather than S or RS.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01
Looks like a seat Ibiza/Leon

Reactions: Radman, Pook, GW1 and 2 others
Looks pretty similar to the new A1, I'm sure people who don't know better would struggle to tell them apart.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Looks pretty similar to the new A1, I'm sure people who don't know better would struggle to tell them apart.
All the audis looks very similar. When I got the s3 sportback my mate thought it was an a4 estate.

Reactions: Invicta and Jassyo06
All the audis looks very similar. When I got the s3 sportback my mate thought it was an a4 estate.

I guess on some level they do, distinctive design elements are kept consistent with Audi, I just feel they look a lot closer related than the current gen of a1 & a3.

Upload 2018 9 7 10 37 43

Upload 2018 9 7 10 38 43

Don’t know if it’s just me and I can tell the difference but at a glance they look almost the same.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and ASRman
I was one of the first people to get an 8V saloon in the UK, which was de-badged. I used to get a lot of people at the car wash, customers, comments at traffic lights... "thats the nicest A4 I have seen m8!" :)

Reactions: Daveotto, Jimbob76, Invicta and 2 others
No idea how accurate it is, but seems to align relatively well with previous spyshots.

c09e9bee-audi-a3-all-new-spied-first-time-3.jpg

7c0d7bcd-2020-audi-a3-carscoops-1.jpg
The lower front bumper won't look like that,too concept car like, not impressed to be honest, as I have said before the clam shell style bonnet not hitting the front grill is a design faux pas and again it's cost cutting.... Vauxhall and Ford design the bonnet and front bumpers in the same way, rear wings are nothing like what the camouflaged test car has,, be interesting to see what the new BMW 1 series looks like, it can't look any worse than this close render of the A3 does

Reactions: Bells
The lower front bumper won't look like that,too concept car like, not impressed to be honest, as I have said before the clam shell style bonnet not hitting the front grill is a design faux pas and again it's cost cutting.... Vauxhall and Ford design the bonnet and front bumpers in the same way, rear wings are nothing like what the camouflaged test car has,, be interesting to see what the new BMW 1 series looks like, it can't look any worse than this close render of the A3 does
Not a fan of the new huge grille at the front too, saw a new A7 the other day and even on a big car it looks out of proportion...

I’m interested in BMW too, I’m hoping the all new 1 series isn’t too long away especially the xdrive 140i which is rumoured. I’m hoping it gets the new 7.0 idrive too with the Audi style virtual cockpit that’ll really move their interiors on. Fingers crossed they keep the 3 door!

Not a fan of the new huge grille at the front too, saw a new A7 the other day and even on a big car it looks out of proportion...

I’m interested in BMW too, I’m hoping the all new 1 series isn’t too long away especially the xdrive 140i which is rumoured. I’m hoping it gets the new 7.0 idrive too with the Audi style virtual cockpit that’ll really move their interiors on. Fingers crossed they keep the 3 door!

BMW have upped there car interior's game...the new X3/X4 and the new 5 series have been given real nice interiors, there 6.0 idrive is awesome to use..especially the gesture control...a gimmick but a good Gimmick....no need to take your eyes off the road...but it just needs a little more refinement around the MMI centre consol area and no doubt the 7.0 idrive will sort this out,I like the look of the all new A1....LOOKS VERY TRENDY.....but...trendy does'nt age well.....that same Trendy design language wont work as good on the more grown up A3 "as pictured above"....Touchscreen "ONLY".....Audi are only catering for the Playstation/iphone Generation.....That'll only sell well on Trendy models....???

ln the past BMW's downfall was not to offer most of its options/tech...throughout its entire car range,Audi do it,well near enough virtual cockpit,Matrix,Nappa leather,exclusive paints... full list of options etc etc.......And BMW are about to change ALL of this on their 1/2 series cars.....and by adding Xdrive to their most desirable models... will be the Thorn in Audi's.....side..but l still wont buy a BMW 3 door hatchback....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
It's the interior of a car that is important to me. Many similar sized models look similar but the interior is what makes the difference. Are the seats comfortable, is the dash pleasant to look at, are the controls straight forward to use. After all I spend far more time looking at the interior that I do looking at the exterior.

It's the interior of a car that is important to me. Many similar sized models look similar but the interior is what makes the difference. Are the seats comfortable, is the dash pleasant to look at, are the controls straight forward to use. After all I spend far more time looking at the interior that I do looking at the exterior.

Well most folks buy a car on the bases of how it looks from the outside.....and also how it drives.....the interior quality is a bonus,but your biased because you've purchased X amount of A3's in the last 10 years....most folks ain't as loyal to the brand as you are

Here's a real photo of the new Q3 the new A3 won't be as trendy looking.... But the render above is mock up of both
Screenshot 20180829 111510

Reactions: NevMan and Mark_86
Interior is deffo important to me. Probably just a bit under exterior. I cant say equal as I'm not gonna drive a horrible looking car, even if the interior is lush.

I've never found anything wrong with the interior if bmw though. Not sure what people have against them really. I hated the 8V interior to begin with tho, thought it was too boring. I suppose virtual cockpit makes it more interesting but the rest of the dash is still very basic. But I prefer it to say a golf with a huge touchscreen and lots of buttons, even the golf steering wheel confused me when I had a test drive.

BMW interiors are just......black, and very very bland.

I’d fall asleep if I ever drove one for longer than a few miles.

BTW I love the look of that ‘new’ A3.....here’s hoping it resembles the picture.

Reactions: Tom.H
I agree that I would not want to spend money on a car that I regard as horrible to look, and there are quite a few of those around, but generally the interior is more important. When I'm driving along I quite often comment that the car in front is obviously on it's way to the 'ugly bug ball'. The are quite a number of cars around with what I would describe as horrible interiors. But is each to their own when it comes to design. I have always disliked the interior design of Mercedes but I saw a picture in the Auto Express of a new E version and that did look smart. As is obvious I like Audi's interior designs and also most of VWs and even some Skoda. I suppose it's what I've liked over the years and have so fat not seen anything I prefer.

BTW I love the look of that ‘new’ A3.....here’s hoping it resembles the picture.

Elaborate.... keyboard warrior....when have you driven a all new BMW lately...

I’m with you there, I’ve owned four VW’s (1 Jetta and 3 Golfs), one Skoda Fabia vRS and two A3’s as well as Fords, a horrible BMW and a horrendous Vauxhall and the VAG cars beat them all in terms of interior hands down.

Interior is deffo important to me. Probably just a bit under exterior. I cant say equal as I'm not gonna drive a horrible looking car, even if the interior is lush.

I've never found anything wrong with the interior if bmw though. Not sure what people have against them really. I hated the 8V interior to begin with tho, thought it was too boring. I suppose virtual cockpit makes it more interesting but the rest of the dash is still very basic. But I prefer it to say a golf with a huge touchscreen and lots of buttons, even the golf steering wheel confused me when I had a test drive.

Steering wheel button confusion....l get ya....lo,but l l still have'nt mastered mine's in all the different VC modes, but l dont really care....it drives and looks mint...

Reactions: oli356
Elaborate.... keyboard warrior....when have you driven a all new BMW lately...
What?

People are usually labelled keyboard warriors when they are trolling or being abusive, so forgive me for being confused.

For some reason you seem to have some kind of ‘God like’ reputation amongst certain members on here but that doesn’t give you the right to talk to me like that.......keyboard warrior.

My comments about BMW’s appear to have offended you, strange to say the least. Do you own BMW the company? I’m asking because that is the only logical reason why it would have offended you.

I don’t like BMW’s. I’m sure there are things I like that you don’t but I’m mature enough to understand that we all have different opinions, Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cknibbz, Kondax, Jonny B and 4 others
Cut out the bickering. Try and get along for at least 24 hours please guys.

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
What?

People are usually labelled keyboard warriors when they are trolling or being abusive, so forgive me for being confused.

For some reason you seem to have some kind of ‘God like’ reputation amongst certain members on here but that doesn’t give you the right to talk to me like that.......keyboard warrior.

My comments about BMW’s appear to have offended you, strange to say the least. Do you own BMW the company? I’m asking because that is the only logical reason why it would have offended you.

I don’t like BMW’s. I’m sure there are things I like that you don’t but I’m mature enough to understand that we all have different opinions, Jesus.
I asked you if you had been in or driven any of the new BMW models just released and well have you?????
My opinion is based on having done so. Your post was just a comment like every other post, you rave on about Audi interiors which are fundamentally dull and boring to be sat in, unless you add mega options to them, you didn't offend me in the slightest.... God like?? ah well your entitle to your opinion, l get on with most folks on here or should l rename them my disciples ..My opinion ...

No I haven’t matey but I was just basing my opinion on the BMW’s I have driven.....dull and uninspiring.

And I don’t ever recall raving on about Audi interiors, I’ve merely mentioned it once in this thread, hardly raving about it is it.

You took offence because I said I didn’t rate BMW’s and if that touched a nerve that isn’t my problem, it’s yours.

And yes, you appear to have this ‘God like’ reputation/following (no idea why) and yet on a couple of very innocent posts I have made in the past you seem to have taken exception to them. Perhaps certain people here find your apparent drunk act amusing, others find it embarrassing.

If you don’t like my opinions then instead of calling me names just don’t bother saying anything. I get on with everyone, but if you come at me for no reason then I’ll come back at you.

Your ‘reputation’ means jack sh!t to me so do us both a favour and don’t bother responding to my (non offensive) posts.

Just my opinion.
Have a great evening:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cknibbz, Jonny B and Paul finch
Cut out the bickering. Try and get along for at least 24 hours please guys.
Sandra, read my post directly before his reply......if you think I said something to warrant being called a keyboard warrior then I will happily apologise.

Reactions: Paul finch
Anyhoo... I like the render. Not sure if I'll be staying with Audi next as they're getting stupidly expensive for a decent model now.

Reactions: Tom.H, Jcbmally, Bells and 1 other person
Anyhoo... I like the render. Not sure if I'll be staying with Audi next as they're getting stupidly expensive for a decent model now.

Funnily enough I've noticed a change recently. Not sure if its the Audi contribution or Apr but yes they are charging a little more somewhere along the way.
I think the stylings becoming a little meh now and the A4 (Which we were looking at) doesn't float any boats anymore.

Reactions: KenL and Jcbmally

I doubt that, as they (BMW) are involving drives...in the dry, and x drive sorts out the wet.

I will definitely be having a browse outside of Audi next time as have now had 3 in a row. That said I do have a serious RS itch I WILL scratch at some point

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Scotty75
I doubt that, as they (BMW) are involving drives...in the dry, and x drive sorts out the wet.

I will definitely be having a browse outside of Audi next time as have now had 3 in a row. That said I do have a serious RS itch I WILL scratch at some point

Oh dear, hadn’t read through the whole post before commenting. I am so so sorry everyone....LOL

Reactions: Sandra

Nice one, I respect your opinion mate:thumbs up:

My concern of scratching the RS itch is that at the end of it, it would probably be tough to not get another RS!!! I said I would get this S3 as a bit of fun and then go back to something more sensible, but yeah... I don't see that happening !

Reactions: Bells and NevMan
Don’t overthink it mate, just go for what you want/like and enjoy it:thumbs up:

Reactions: oli356 and Paul finch
My concern of scratching the RS itch is that at the end of it, it would probably be tough to not get another RS!!! I said I would get this S3 as a bit of fun and then go back to something more sensible, but yeah... I don't see that happening !

Mate the S3 is great fun. The FL is so much louder/more fun than PFL (other way round with RS it seems...at least as far as noise but not power goes). I had a S3 for the the day a few months back, really enjoyed and so did my boys.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, oli356 and Carefree69
Mate the S3 is great fun. The FL is so much louder/more fun than PFL (other way round with RS it seems...at least as far as noise but not power goes). I had a S3 for the the day a few months back, really enjoyed and so did my boys.
Yup, think the FL will have to be the upgrade. Just means 3 8V's in a row. Though a virtual cockpit could spice the interior up enough to make it feel different :)

Will see how things go! :)

Reactions: Carefree69

In which case I wouod hope that the next new platform S3 will raise the game again :icon thumright:

I like the render above & think it looks quite striking & aggressive & have no reason to doubt the new platform S3 will be a great car.

The A3 / S3 has always been a great Audi car - as the Golf is to VW - so why will the new one not be ?

I do have one concern though & that is the price ... they are getting out of hand now as others have said.

I would still take an Audi or VW over a BM though (sorry Jassy) they just do not float my boat at all ... I’d even have a new Merc A Class over one as I just prefer the styling.
But that’s not to say BM’s are rubbish, I’m sure they are great, but just not for me. I’m sure I will stick with the VAG brand.

Reactions: KenL, Jassyo06, h5djr and 3 others
No I haven’t matey but I was just basing my opinion on the BMW’s I have driven.....dull and uninspiring.

And I don’t ever recall raving on about Audi interiors, I’ve merely mentioned it once in this thread, hardly raving about it is it.

You took offence because I said I didn’t rate BMW’s and if that touched a nerve that isn’t my problem, it’s yours.

And yes, you appear to have this ‘God like’ reputation/following (no idea why) and yet on a couple of very innocent posts I have made in the past you seem to have taken exception to them. Perhaps certain people here find your apparent drunk act amusing, others find it embarrassing.

If you don’t like my opinions then instead of calling me names just don’t bother saying anything. I get on with everyone, but if you come at me for no reason then I’ll come back at you.

Your ‘reputation’ means jack sh!t to me so do us both a favour and don’t bother responding to my (non offensive) posts.

Just my opinion.

Your not worth it......IGNORE.

In which case I wouod hope that the next new platform S3 will raise the game again :icon thumright:

I like the render above & think it looks quite striking & aggressive & have no reason to doubt the new platform S3 will be a great car.

The A3 / S3 has always been a great Audi car - as the Golf is to VW - so why will the new one not be ?

I do have one concern though & that is the price ... they are getting out of hand now as others have said.

I would still take an Audi or VW over a BM though (sorry Jassy) they just do not float my boat at all ... I’d even have a new Merc A Class over one as I just prefer the styling.
But that’s not to say BM’s are rubbish, I’m sure they are great, but just not for me. I’m sure I will stick with the VAG brand.[/QUOTE

l disliked BMW's as much as you do mate....but the new BMW's interiors are as good as Audi are now fact...Audi are just.....moving sideways in design like the A5/A4/A7............Best looking car they have is the new A6....Stunning looking car

But hey BMW are selling more cars now in the UK than Audi.....l aint biased in anyway....my opinion is based on actual facts and with more Xdrive models coming soon...ergo...every car maker.....has there ups and downs

Ah price........You'll pay £45k for a good spec next gen S3 in its first year of production......Easily......not far off your RS3....Price?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan

Just my opinion.

I mean, you're not wrong. Whole reason I chose the A3 is because the BMW interior just seems so lacking.

Reactions: Carefree69