Next Gen RS3, or not ???

Dead in the water if they did that, can't see it myself.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
May wait and see what happens in the not so distant future, if it is true and goes to a four cylinder im out and will just purchase a five pot, ready to go, cancelled order, ready built 1
im fussy but not that fussy

I reckon the next gen RS3 will have the current engine (maybe slightly tweaked) with a small electric motor.

4cyl RS3...no thanks. And I think Audi are aware of that.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Doohie, Terminator x and 2 others
I reckon the next gen RS3 will have the current engine (maybe slightly tweaked) with a small electric motor.

4cyl RS3...no thanks. And I think Audi are aware of that.

Lets hope so, rs3 will be dead to me if it comes out in this guise LOL

anyone have any info on the next Gen (any people in the know on here must have some info)

I went for the saloon for several reasons, I had an s3 sportback, the saloon looks like the old rs4 which I liked a lot and one of my fav cars, I’m a bit old for the sportback and the saloon feels more grown up mad but true, apparently some people say the saloon handles better than the sportback although I’m sure that’s a myth, I think saloon looks a lot nicer.

Can't talk about the RS3 sportback but going from the S3 Sportback to the RS3 Saloon, I found the RS3 Saloon to handle better. The saloon does feel more grown up I agree. The only things that I don't like is no rear wiper and the boot is annoying.

Did you see that article in autocar or car magazine, they reckon the next rs3 will be powered by a 2 litre turbo engine with a small 15bhp electric motor. Not a chance I thought. I guess the only issue that concerns me is if Audi either ditch the Audi TT or chsngevit to electric only then the only car using the 5 cylinder engine will be the rs3, which will be costly to the manufacturer, so they’ll probably could well look at a boosted s3 engine as the mag suggests. If they do, I wouldn’t buy it.

I’d say a 2 litre with big electric motor is more likely, but let’s hope not, need to stick with the 5 cylinder engine.

I agree with Doc, similar engine to this one with mild hybrid would be my guess too. Lets see if they make an RSQ3 since they updated the Q3, its the only other car as far as I know that uses the 5 cylinder. This article shows a camo'd up RSQ3 so probably is coming, if I ever get an SUV it would fix the rear wiper, boot and keep the grown up look complaint. On a side note, the SQ2 got the S3 engine, so I'm pretty sure the SQ3 will have it too, but no word if the next S3 will go mild hybrid too. The A35 and M135i seem to just be the same performance as the current Golf R and S3, so they got a chance to overtake them easy.

https://uk.motor1.com/news/348304/audi-rs-q3-crossover-spied/

Reactions: NevMan and PeteRS3lee
I have Autocar delivered and when I read the article it seemed to be talking about the S3 getting a hybrid engine, and suggested it might come to the RS3 but then quoted audi as saying the 5 pot would stay in production. I personally think that hybrid is a few years away and possibly a full model cycle away yet for the RS cars...

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
Tried to put a deposit down on a new GT4, but despite various friends at Porsche dealers it was still impossible to get on the list!

Anyway, I today put a deposit down on a PFL RS3. I’ve gone full circle. I want a 911 but after sitting in my boss’s latest 992, decided I couldn’t get a 991! I’ll be looking again in 6-12 months but needed something in the meantime. Details will follow on the new car but suffice to say I think I’ve sourced a very special PFL RS3...

The lure and addictiveness of that 5-pot is proving too much for me. This will be the third car in a row.
Good man. I’ll say it again, the PFL with all its drama, nothing gets close to it pound for pound on the roads nowadays mate.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
Plus why would audi go to all the trouble of the Aluminium bottom end and redesign of the fuelling setup, if not only to be able to ‘turn up the wick’ when needed to keep the competition at bay........

Plus why would audi go to all the trouble of the Aluminium bottom end and redesign of the fuelling setup, if not only to be able to ‘turn up the wick’ when needed to keep the competition at bay........

Here's Hoping they keep the 5 pot and turn it up a notch. Im desperately trying Hard not to walk into Audi with my spec/option list of my Sport edition i want now, as this money is getting hotter in my pocket by the day ,its proper burning
But im also desperate to see whats on the horizon and spend it on the next Gen instead, or at least get on a list now
Bet if i went in and asked to get on a list with a hefty deposit maybe that would stop the cash scorching me
could always Move it on a deposit for the former,if it turns out the next RS3 be ****, if they haven't tooled up before any production starts .
I May get a last of the production line , or first of the new
HELP ME ***!!!!!

Reactions: NevMan
Here's Hoping they keep the 5 pot and turn it up a notch. Im desperately trying Hard not to walk into Audi with my spec/option list of my Sport edition i want now, as this money is getting hotter in my pocket by the day ,its proper burning
But im also desperate to see whats on the horizon and spend it on the next Gen instead, or at least get on a list now
Bet if i went in and asked to get on a list with a hefty deposit maybe that would stop the cash scorching me
could always Move it on a deposit for the former,if it turns out the next RS3 be ****, if they haven't tooled up before any production starts .
I May get a last of the production line , or first of the new
HELP ME ***!!!!!

Next RS3 will be 2/3 years away.

Get one now.......

Reactions: NevMan, JohnM100, sve170 and 3 others

Get one now.......
Think i need to pay a visit this weekend Although Solihull/ Audi are a bit snooty ,if i turn up in my work clothes with plaster and silicone that usually adorns my work wear, they may kick me out of the R8 i spied there

There is an RS3 there but has more chips on the front than the local kebab shop front
Just drooped it a grand from 2 weeks ago
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-RS3...559599?hash=item4b6666c9ef:g:v4AAAOSwgW9cup1S

Last edited:

Get one now.......
What he said, plus you never want to get the first iteration of a new model. It'll have bugs and issues that will annoy the hell outta you. At least that's the reasoning I'm not going to wait.

Reactions: NevMan, PeteRS3lee, AudiNutta and 2 others
What he said, plus you never want to get the first iteration of a new model. It'll have bugs and issues that will annoy the hell outta you. At least that's the reasoning I'm not going to wait.

Have you ordered yet ????

I placed an order for a new limited edition rs 3 and test drove the car and several days later I got offered a 2018 car that had done 4000 miles and the difference was noticeable with the sound being so much louder and 5 cylinder like in the 2018 model. I could also noticed the weight difference where the 2018 was lots lighter and the performance of the 2018 engine felt more powerful and willing to rev on its power. So I decided to go with the 2018 model for those reasons and I’m not saying the 2019 is a bad because it’s a great car just that I want all the sound and theatre that has been associated with this engine and car.

Have you ordered yet ????
No, not yet. Order book hasn't opened here in Australia yet. August it opens, but might wait until December so I can get a 2020 build and compliance plated RS3. Also by then I'm hoping Audi sales will be so low by then due to added taxes introduced July 1, it'll give me more leverage in bargaining a better price. It will definitely be a buyer's market. When the new model comes out, there will be next to no discounting, I would expect.

I placed an order for a new limited edition rs 3 and test drove the car and several days later I got offered a 2018 car that had done 4000 miles and the difference was noticeable with the sound being so much louder and 5 cylinder like in the 2018 model. I could also noticed the weight difference where the 2018 was lots lighter and the performance of the 2018 engine felt more powerful and willing to rev on its power. So I decided to go with the 2018 model for those reasons and I’m not saying the 2019 is a bad because it’s a great car just that I want all the sound and theatre that has been associated with this engine and car.

What is this limited edition RS3? Never heard of it.

Saw a new rs3 awaiting prep at reading Audi. Black with black pack and black rotor type wheels. Clearly the prospective owner like black.

What is this limited edition RS3? Never heard of it.
It’s basically most of the must have extras all put in to a limited sport package and then WLTP Gpf filters to meet emissions .

I went for the saloon for several reasons, I had an s3 sportback, the saloon looks like the old rs4 which I liked a lot and one of my fav cars, I’m a bit old for the sportback and the saloon feels more grown up mad but true, apparently some people say the saloon handles better than the sportback although I’m sure that’s a myth, I think saloon looks a lot nicer.

When it was launched EVO magazine quoted an Audi engineer saying the Saloon handles better than the Sportback due to it being lower, and a wider track. Best handling RS3 was the Saloon on passive suspension.

Saw a new rs3 awaiting prep at reading Audi. Black with black pack and black rotor type wheels. Clearly the prospective owner like black.
Brand new one at PCG today in the stand next to ASN.

TX.

Is this the article you were talking about? I definitely think the interior will look like that as its like the new Q3 and new A1. Not really a fan of touchscreen only infotainment to be honest (Merc and BMW have both kept their MMI Wheel equivalents) but at least they kept the air con controls physical. Says the S3 will have 325 BHP which sounds about right.

"A new version of the RS3 hot hatchback, featuring a 417bhp engine, four-wheel drive and mild-hybrid fuel-saving technology, will sit at the very top of the A3 line-up when it arrives early in 2021, ready to face rivals including the Mercedes-AMG A45 and BMW’s M135i."

Not sure why it lists the M135i as a rival to the RS3, its a rival to the S3 and Golf R. 417 bhp would be a minor upgrade but I guess its already enough and mild hybrid could be interesting.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-a...- 15.07.19::story1_button&utm_source=20190715

Says this is what the next gen A3 family will look like:

audi_a3_comp.jpg

The interior will be like this:

7-audi-q3-0345d.jpg

The Saloon like this:

audi_a3_saloon.jpg

Is this the article you were talking about? I definitely think the interior will look like that as its like the new Q3 and new A1. Not really a fan of touchscreen only infotainment to be honest (Merc and BMW have both kept their MMI Wheel equivalents) but at least they kept the air con controls physical. Says the S3 will have 325 BHP which sounds about right.

"A new version of the RS3 hot hatchback, featuring a 417bhp engine, four-wheel drive and mild-hybrid fuel-saving technology, will sit at the very top of the A3 line-up when it arrives early in 2021, ready to face rivals including the Mercedes-AMG A45 and BMW’s M135i."

Not sure why it lists the M135i as a rival to the RS3, its a rival to the S3 and Golf R. 417 bhp would be a minor upgrade but I guess its already enough and mild hybrid could be interesting.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-audi-a3-family-hatchback-everything-we-know-so-far/n19749?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=enews bulletin&utm_content=WCAR Enews bulletin - 15.07.19::story1_button&utm_source=20190715

Says this is what the next gen A3 family will look like:

audi_a3_comp.jpg

The interior will be like this:

7-audi-q3-0345d.jpg

The Saloon like this:

audi_a3_saloon.jpg
well it looks ok from where im sitting, Think I may be able to Hold off till 2021, its not that far away
May be able to afford all the toys that go with it too
We shall see

Sport Back looks like an A1. No thanks.
Interior looks cheap and nasty. No thanks
Saloon looks great though. From the side anyways.

Reactions: NevMan, PeteRS3lee and infernox
The new Audi A3: What's coming when

A3 five-door: early 2020

A3 saloon: mid-2020

A3 E-tron: mid to late 2020

S3 hatch and saloon: late 2020

RS3 : early 2021

A3 liftback: 2021

A3 Allroad: mid-2021

2021 works pretty good for me ;)

TX.

Reactions: NevMan, D0C and PeteRS3lee
Sport Back looks like an A1. No thanks.
Interior looks cheap and nasty. No thanks
Saloon looks great though. From the side anyways.

Next 5 door won't be called the Sportback, just A3, because there won't be a 3 door this time. The Sportback name is apparently reserved for a more coupe shaped model later on which will like a smaller A7/A5 SB.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and wab172uk
What if it’s even quieter by then ?

Strangled by more emissions based ****.
I'm sure it will be! Won't order until I hear one.

TX.

Reactions: NevMan and infernox

Like terminator x said, it definitely will be. Just hear the new R8 Performance and A45 S. The startup and idle revs are laughable. The saloon looks nice from the side but its pretty much the same as the current one, no idea if they fix the awkward boot.

I'm sure it will be! Won't order until I hear one.

TX.

****** there’s not a cat in hells chance youll get a super muted one.

Your already an advocate of the PFL and hater of the FL

Reactions: RVP20 and NevMan
With the new S3 rumoured to have 325ps (which makes sense) the new RS3 must be knocking on the door at 100up which means 425ps, just more than the new A45 at 421ish.
Which begs tbe question of how much more will AMG try and squeeze out of that already over stretched 2L 4pot just to try and top Audi.
I waa at Silverstone at the weekend and they had new A45s tbere in yellow, it did look quite good a bit too racy for me but the discs where mighty big, gives a good indication of potential performance.

Going to be interesting to see a review and drag race between the two.

The article suggests that the next RS3 will be a tweaked version of the S3 4 pot :anguished: albeit pushing 420 bhp. So we may lose the RS3’s ace card 5 pot engine :(

I for 1 have lead a very sheltered life and have only ever being a ford enthusiast, so have still never heard a PFL or an FL actually leadfoot it, apart from on youtube vids so im good on whatever it sounds like, im a bit old and long in the tooth for pops and bangs these days, done too many shows on the ford RS scene and now have a keen dislike for bellends revving their cars to an inch of its life just for a pop and bang
A Sweet Note for me will be fine if it still has 1

I for 1 have lead a very sheltered life and have only ever being a ford enthusiast, so have still never heard a PFL or an FL actually leadfoot it, apart from on youtube vids so im good on whatever it sounds like, im a bit old and long in the tooth for pops and bangs these days, done too many shows on the ford RS scene and now have a keen dislike for bellends revving their cars to an inch of its life just for a pop and bang
A Sweet Note for me will be fine if it still has 1

Agreed.

However TX is a bit of a lover of the noisier the better.

Younger generation. (Tut)

The article suggests that the next RS3 will be a tweaked version of the S3 4 pot :anguished: albeit pushing 420 bhp. So we may lose the RS3’s ace card 5 pot engine :(

Lets Hope that don,t come to fruition, with the next focus RS rumours this will have 400 horses and probably be at least 15k cheaper than an audi RS3 and 10-12k cheaper than the merc
if they put a 4pot in it, then madness would prevail and id stay with ford, although i dont like anything after the 5pot mk2 focus RS,
but money talks sometimes

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Its a bit early for speculation but i reckon the new RS will keep the 2.5T but go 48v with electric Turbo(s). Super low down grunt and absolutely no lag !

Too early and too expensive for any kind of mild hybrid nonsense.

Reactions: infernox, NevMan and PeteRS3lee
Agreed.

However TX is a bit of a lover of the noisier the better.

Younger generation. (Tut)

yep dont mind the noise at all, but pops and bangs seem pointless, scare the **** outta me

TX........ Have another Tut from me too LOL

Reactions: NevMan and T-800
Its a bit early for speculation but i reckon the new RS will keep the 2.5T but go 48v with electric Turbo(s). Super low down grunt and absolutely no lag !

Too early and too expensive for any kind of mild hybrid nonsense.

Yep Like this idea indeed

yep dont mind the noise at all, but pops and bangs seem pointless, scare the **** outta me

TX........ Have another Tut from me too LOL

A PFL was ‘bothering’ me on the M60 last week.

Young lad driving it for some reason wanted to make it pop and bang all the way down the motorway.
Then as we pulled off he was doing the same in crawling / standing traffic.

You could tell people were thinking ‘knob’ It’s tiresome after a bit.

Reactions: AudiNutta, infernox and NevMan