Next Gen RS3, or not ???

So in theory if we leave we should also not get them

Yeh let’s remove the filters and allow more pollution into the air we breath.....

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, sve170 and infernox
Decent times recorded on this OPF RS3 hitting 0-62 in 4 secs dead and 100-200kmh times of 9.6 secs apparently very similar to the pre OPF cars?

No idea if the 2nd comment is true and know that there has been some high 3 secs times recorded on pre OPF’s but 4 secs is very pleasing and could possibly get lower depending on fuel/driver/conditions etc.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
Decent times recorded on this OPF RS3 hitting 0-62 in 4 secs dead and 100-200kmh times of 9.6 secs apparently very similar to the pre OPF cars?

No idea if the 2nd comment is true and know that there has been some high 3 secs times recorded on pre OPF’s but 4 secs is very pleasing and could possibly get lower depending on fuel/driver/conditions etc.
My PFL was 3.6s at Rockingham so you'd hope the newer cars would be quicker.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, infernox and DW81
My PFL was 3.6s at Rockingham so you'd hope the newer cars would be quicker.

TX.

.8 secs quicker than the manufacturers times, that’s pretty impressive and quicker than some stated times of the FL pre OPF!!

All I’m saying is a 4 second recorded time on an OPF model is still damn good when it’s supposed to have been heavily affected by the changes, I’m sure someone will get sub 4 seconds at some point with the right conditions.

I already have in mine

mxFv2v4.jpg

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Riko0073
Amazing, well done mate!

Glad to see the performance is still pulling in figures below the stated manufacturers : )

0-100 km/h was 4.05 seconds with an incline of 2.27%

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Riko0073
Reactions: PeteRS3lee and NevMan
Reactions: PeteRS3lee and NevMan
RSQ3 already facelifted, not sure why the RS3 is taking so long. But i reckon the new RS3 would have up rated power on the 2.5 and similar interior to the RSQ3..

RSQ3 already facelifted, not sure why the RS3 is taking so long. But i reckon the new RS3 would have up rated power on the 2.5 and similar interior to the RSQ3..
Yep im liking the RSQ3 Looks
apart from how it sits to high though
dont like SUV type cars
think the RS3 will be a lot better though hopefully

Reactions: NevMan
New A3 not out yet though so surely the RS3 will just be a more aggressive version of that when we eventually see it?

TX.

I had a new Q3 for a day as a courtesy car while my car was being serviced. Not a fan of the new interior, in some places it is better though. The new screen looks great but I hated the fingerprint magnet gloss panels near it. If they improve the design for the A3 then it could be alright other than the fact that no MMI wheel is a downgrade. The drive select button was placed lower and kind of far away which is annoying. I prefer the older virtual cockpit UI to this new one too.

Deposit On and on a list for One of the first RS3 Saloon 8Y (if thats its official title) ( sure i read it somewhere),
So just like everyone here that has patiently gone through the process .
the waiting starts as of today with an official down payment and an invoice for the deposit amount
Just got to wait for the official specs and pics
im thinking 18 Months ish to finally get in 1

Need a new sub forum just for me or are there others out there yet ?????????

Last edited:
Reactions: Riko0073
Deposit On and on a list for One of the first RS3 Saloon 8Y (if thats its official title) ( sure i read it somewhere),
So just like everyone here that has patiently gone through the process .
the waiting starts as of today with an official down payment and an invoice for the deposit amount
Just got to wait for the official specs and pics
im thinking 18 Months ish to finally get in 1

Need a new sub forum just for me or are there others out there yet ?????????
Nice one, hope it’s a great new RS3.

How does it work with negotiating discount etc if that’s even possible on a brand new release car, or are you just accepting the list price?

Reactions: Bryant1998

How does it work with negotiating discount etc if that’s even possible on a brand new release car, or are you just accepting the list price?

I would imagine it would be a case of putting down a deposit now as intent to purposes then negotiate when prices announced, but yes, unlikely to be any discount I would have thought

Reactions: Bryant1998 and Riko0073
I would imagine it would be a case of putting down a deposit now as intent to purposes then negotiate when prices announced, but yes, unlikely to be any discount I would have thought
Yes makes sense. I’ve always managed a decent discount but on models out a good year or so, nice to have one of the first released I guess.

I had a new Q3 for a day as a courtesy car while my car was being serviced. Not a fan of the new interior, in some places it is better though. The new screen looks great but I hated the fingerprint magnet gloss panels near it. If they improve the design for the A3 then it could be alright other than the fact that no MMI wheel is a downgrade. The drive select button was placed lower and kind of far away which is annoying. I prefer the older virtual cockpit UI to this new one too.

Haha reading this comment back now, I realised they actually made the interior worse than the Q3. Heres 2 pics comparing them. Removed the climate temp control wheels with, I think touch sensitive + and - minus buttons. I don't like how misaligned the air vents are now on the new A3. Gear lever has changed to that thing (although I'm guessing the RS3 will still have the normal one?) The volume wheel has been replaced with a touch sensitive one which is strange to use. Aesthetically I can see some people saying that it looks better but functionally its worse.

Q3 interior:
2019-audi-q3-dash-11.jpg

A3 interior:
a3l_int_002.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and PeteRS3lee

New Model ,doubt they will discount anything will have to suck up the big bill im guessing
after adding options to the max probably not much change from £60 K

Reactions: Riko0073 and NevMan

exactly right and to be one of the first 1 in a New model you will have to take the hit

Just a random thing I found while looking at car leasing, the A45S is cheaper than the RS3 so I don't expect its residual value to be good. Just take a look at here - https://www.carwow.co.uk/mercedes/amg-a45/lease?contract_type=pch

You can get an A45S for £415 on lease, 48 months, 8k miles, £3735 deposit. RS3 in comparison (https://www.carwow.co.uk/audi/rs3/lease?contract_type=pch), cheapest is £515, so £100 more a month for an older car. Doesn't seem like the A45S is doing well sales wise, or they got a bunch extra they need to get rid of so got cheap lease deals on.

Reactions: Enbarr, Riko0073 and NevMan
Just a random thing I found while looking at car leasing, the A45S is cheaper than the RS3 so I don't expect its residual value to be good. Just take a look at here - https://www.carwow.co.uk/mercedes/amg-a45/lease?contract_type=pch

You can get an A45S for £415 on lease, 48 months, 8k miles, £3735 deposit. RS3 in comparison (https://www.carwow.co.uk/audi/rs3/lease?contract_type=pch), cheapest is £515, so £100 more a month for an older car. Doesn't seem like the A45S is doing well sales wise, or they got a bunch extra they need to get rid of so got cheap lease deals on.
The RS3 was an expensive car once spec’d at over £50k but I understand for the A45s you’re looking at £60k+ which for a small hatchback for me is just getting ludicrous so I reckon the only way they’ll shift them is on competitive lease deals!

I know the new RS3 will likely be similar pricing to the A45s so for me I’m out and will be looking for a lovely used car next along the lines of Porsche or the TTRS.

Reactions: infernox, NevMan and Bryant1998
I'm just glad that

• They kept knobs and dials for the right stuff! YAY
  • They did away with the pop up screen

But I like using the "gear stick" in manual mode in mine for shifting. Getting rid of that sucks.

Like:
The way the dash is angled to the driver
Hopefully more power/faster
Hopefully better handling
Integrated mmi screen looks tidier
Kept the toggle wheel - WELL DONE!!

Don't like:
Likely silly price
Not sure about the looks
Likely muted sound
Lack of kit in the standard car - last gen folding mirrors are STILL an option, REALLY? My peugeot 307 xsi came with them as standard and no issues with them, unlike my one on my Audi S3 that had to be replaced
MMI touchscreen is handy but finger magnet and distracting/a pain for some things
Stupid gearstick

As for a specced A45S at over £60K that's crazy! Its quick, looks ok but has NO ISP. At least the RS3 has an ISP, the engine/sound, which is one of the best production engines on sale today

Reactions: infernox and Riko0073
Those Vents though :sadlike:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, JohnM100, infernox and 1 other person
I agree, really really don’t like them

At least on the Q3 there is a symmetry of sorts, but that just looks like the designers ran out of ideas.......

Reactions: infernox and NevMan
I agree, really really don’t like them

Agree, it looks like they forgot to add the vents and just stuck whatever they could find on top of the drivers console. It looks horrendous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: infernox, NevMan and 8YARWY
The RS3 was an expensive car once spec’d at over £50k but I understand for the A45s you’re looking at £60k+ which for a small hatchback for me is just getting ludicrous so I reckon the only way they’ll shift them is on competitive lease deals!

I know the new RS3 will likely be similar pricing to the A45s so for me I’m out and will be looking for a lovely used car next along the lines of Porsche or the TTRS.

Very true. This RS3 when it came out had a bit of hype to it too and from what I remember didn't get discounted that much until the PPF version came which was end of gen anyway. In terms of future cars, I'm also looking at used cars, maybe a 991 911 Turbo/Turbo S or for something more special, a gen 1 R8 (V10 Plus manual or GT/LMX).

I'm just glad that

• They kept knobs and dials for the right stuff! YAY
  • They did away with the pop up screen

But I like using the "gear stick" in manual mode in mine for shifting. Getting rid of that sucks.

If you're talking about the new A3 interior, there's no knobs/dials left lol. The volume control is a touch sensitive scrolling thing but luckily theres still the normal one on the steering wheel. Air con temp controls are now using buttons but at least they aren't touch screens or touch sensitive ones, so only a minor downgrade I'd say as I still thing the dials were faster.

I have to concur on the dash / vents.

mite a huge departure from the usual Audi classy interior and just looks unbalanced & dis jointed plus those vents truly are vulgar.

exterior looks like it will be fine & power could be up to 440 bhp which is cool but not sure I could cope with that interior.

I totally love the cabin of my 45, it’s a genuine wow every time I step in the car and at night it looks incredible.

30D80C67 D6A0 437E AABD 5ECCAA871705

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Riko0073
I have to concur on the dash / vents.

mite a huge departure from the usual Audi classy interior and just looks unbalanced & dis jointed plus those vents truly are vulgar.

exterior looks like it will be fine & power could be up to 440 bhp which is cool but not sure I could cope with that interior.

I totally love the cabin of my 45, it’s a genuine wow every time I step in the car and at night it looks incredible.

View attachment 206155
My wife has a lesser A200 AMGline and have to say the interior does have the wow factor for a small hatch the ambient lighting is great and even visible in daylight! however I still love the simplicity and elegance of the current RS3 interior and find the A class interior to be a little distracting and it’s harder to clean especially with the gloss black and dash design.

Reactions: infernox and Snake Pliskin
My wife has a lesser A200 AMGline and have to say the interior does have the wow factor for a small hatch the ambient lighting is great and even visible in daylight! however I still love the simplicity and elegance of the current RS3 interior and find the A class interior to be a little distracting and it’s harder to clean especially with the gloss black and dash design.

Totally agree ... the current (facelift) RS3 is bang on the money ... I even considered getting one as my next car (to replace my pre FL RS3). But as i had the car 4 years, a face lift as nice as they are might not feel different enough for another 4 years.

the new A class had turned my head from the first time I saw it. I’d considered the previous A class on 2 occasions but both times bought an Audi again (S5 & RS3) but this time round the Merc really appealed to me.

But yeah if you’ve got a lovely face lift RS3 now, the new car dash is no where near is nicely laid out or balanced is it. I think Audi will radically change it on the face lift in a few years more in keeping with the look us long term Audi owners prefer.

Reactions: infernox and Riko0073