Next model A3

SOAP BOX posters....get a grip.....................and get aff ....them....2 largest industrial countries in the world.... D..G..A...F...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Climate change/global warming is a lie and a scam.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

That's absolute cr*p AND I have no interest in the phone or app that you are using ;-)

Reactions: TYb, Kayobong and Ormesome
Intensive farming is also a serious problem. Meat needs to get back to being a luxury item.

By all means you can treat meat as a luxury item, I hate going to Tesco’s and they’ve only got small packs of chicken, the gains don’t like that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make some fair points but everyone (car makers included) must do their bit.

Plastic straws, cotton buds etc are something we can clearly do without. Plenty clear evidence out their about items like those and their impact on the marine environment.
Paper straws are rubbish they just go soggy they’ve ruined McDonalds for me and the funniest thing is they can’t even recycle them :tearsofjoy: Yet when I’ve been to the Netherlands and Belgium they are still using plastic straws :cry:

Reactions: Pook, Snake Pliskin, Adam14 and 2 others
Paper straws are rubbish they just go soggy they’ve ruined McDonalds for me and the funniest thing is they can’t even recycle them :tearsofjoy: Yet when I’ve been to the Netherlands and Belgium they are still using plastic straws :cry:

I'm all for saving the planet but damn those paper straws anger me.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, TYb, Adam14 and 2 others
Aw for god's sake, this is a car forum not a political arena for who to point fingers at climate change. Lots of other places for that discourse.

Reactions: GSB and AllanG
SOAP BOX posters....get a grip.....................and get aff ....them....2 largest industrial countries in the world.... D..G..A...F...
You’re right they don’t, it’s not soap box posting at all though, I’ve barely mentioned it but people have to accept that cars are going to change quite significantly over the next 10 or so years.

Reactions: KenL
Sorry, but current evidence suggests that climate change is not just a cyclical thing.

Science has proven the earth does get hotter and colder in cycles. They even know that when the dinosaurs were roaming around, there was no North or South pole. The earth was a lot hotter.

Unless of course the dinosaurs were building coal fire power stations we don't know about?

It wasn't that long ago (as I remember the hysteria) that these same scientists were predicting a new ice age was imminent, and we'd all be f**ked. Well, very cold, then f**ked.

Remember last years hot summer. The doom mongers were predicting every summer from then on would be souring temperatures, drought, and mass deaths. Think we've had a few days at a time of hot sunny weather this year. So much for their scientific analysis.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Bryant1998 and NevMan
Science has proven the earth does get hotter and colder in cycles. They even know that when the dinosaurs were roaming around, there was no North or South pole. The earth was a lot hotter.

Unless of course the dinosaurs were building coal fire power stations we don't know about?

It wasn't that long ago (as I remember the hysteria) that these same scientists were predicting a new ice age was imminent, and we'd all be f**ked. Well, very cold, then f**ked.

Remember last years hot summer. The doom mongers were predicting every summer from then on would be souring temperatures, drought, and mass deaths. Think we've had a few days at a time of hot sunny weather this year. So much for their scientific analysis.

I’m looking forward to hot summers, better driving weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Sorry, but current evidence suggests that climate change is not just a cyclical thing.
The same evidence that tells us every single food type gives us cancer then gets overruled about a year later with a new study saying actually these foods are all really good for us? It all comes from the same school of ‘I don’t have an f’ing clue’

Reactions: Bryant1998
Aw for god's sake, this is a car forum not a political arena for who to point fingers at climate change. Lots of other places for that discourse.
On top of tubes and in front of aeroplanes apparently ***

Reactions: wab172uk and NevMan
The same evidence that tells us every single food type gives us cancer then gets overruled about a year later with a new study saying actually these foods are all really good for us? It all comes from the same school of ‘I don’t have an f’ing clue’

I’m not sure how people can question climate change, it’s a fact that the earth is warming.

A car forum may not be the place to discuss it but people shouldn’t be so naive and dismiss it just because it impacts what car they can buy.

The whole tube protest was stupid, that’s protesting against establishment and nothing else, just like anti fox hunters are against what they think are upper class rather. Protesting has almost turned into a sport.

Any way back to cars, my friend who runs a detailing business has had quite a few new Tesla’s through the doors of late, the build and paintwork is terrible.

Reactions: Kayobong and Pook
It's ********, the earth has had 1000 times the carbon in the atmosphere before. The earth has been cool and hot before. Over 100 years ago the river Thames froze over you could ice skate on it lol

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Not a bad deal at all. Seriously keeping an eye on these in touring form for next year.

It is pretty good, and for me (a hybrid) would be where I would go before full electric.

That is until electric (batteries) become evil and diesel is the way forward

Reactions: Jassyo06, S32B, Flying Scotsman and 3 others
I’m not sure how people can question climate change, it’s a fact that the earth is warming.

A car forum may not be the place to discuss it but people shouldn’t be so naive and dismiss it just because it impacts what car they can buy.

The whole tube protest was stupid, that’s protesting against establishment and nothing else, just like anti fox hunters are against what they think are upper class rather. Protesting has almost turned into a sport.

Any way back to cars, my friend who runs a detailing business has had quite a few new Tesla’s through the doors of late, the build and paintwork is terrible.

I agreed with everything you said apart from the fox hunting bit where you are wrong. People are passionately against fox hunting as they do not want to see a beautiful wild animal chased and torn apart. Their hatred of the upper class twits is a byproduct of their "hobby".

Interesting on the Tesla's, my pal has a 3. He is really happy with it.

New BMW the 1 looks like a focus

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbob76
Have to say I was expecting the A3 to look like the A1. Also the chome strip is a bit (Cannot find the right word) or is it a joke?

Upload 2019 10 19 18 12 28

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...i-a3-seen-undisguised-ahead-early-2020-launch

Reactions: Kayobong
The chrome along the side is part of the disguise, no?

If not, that's a big mistake. Front grills (lots of them) look terrible.

I agreed with everything you said apart from the fox hunting bit where you are wrong. People are passionately against fox hunting as they do not want to see a beautiful wild animal chased and torn apart. Their hatred of the upper class twits is a byproduct of their "hobby".

Interesting on the Tesla's, my pal has a 3. He is really happy with it.

Tesla’s 3rd best selling in August, still don’t want one...

New BMW the 1 looks like a focus

That's a good thing!

Have to agree with @KenL on this one. Yes, from some angles it does look a bit Focus-ish (I agree with you @HOGG ) but the new Focus is a pretty good looking motor even in standard format, so ST and RS models should hopefully be lookers. There are some very pleasing angles on the new M135i, this one for example (although the rear diffuser really should hide the exhaust back box)...

EE8C7E8A 9072 441C BDB0 39CE00BDF428

...it’s one of the more interesting hot hatches to be released more recently, but it still doesn’t hold a candle to my S3, which still makes my left nut ache a little when I look at it, lol. And WTF is this optional trim on the wing mirrors all about?!...

C2B8E830 2A49 4981 827A 7F9EDEEDDD4C

The Bimmer M235i Gran Coupe...is a dog. Anyone thinking Mazda when they look at the side profile?! Sorry to those that like it, but does not do it for me. If this is going up against the S3 and Merc CLA saloon versions, then it’s the pig of the bunch in that beauty parade..

71337699 4131 45B4 94C2 CA15BF4C229F

Reactions: Jassyo06, Goner, KenL and 1 other person
Have to agree with @KenL on this one. Yes, from some angles it does look a bit Focus-ish (I agree with you @HOGG ) but the new Focus is a pretty good looking motor even in standard format, so ST and RS models should hopefully be lookers. There are some very pleasing angles on the new M135i, this one for example (although the rear diffuser really should hide the exhaust back box)...

View attachment 192395

...it’s one of the more interesting hot hatches to be released more recently, but it still doesn’t hold a candle to my S3, which still makes my left nut ache a little when I look at it, lol. And WTF is this optional trim on the wing mirrors all about?!...

View attachment 192396

The Bimmer M235i Gran Coupe...is a dog. Anyone thinking Mazda when they look at the side profile?! Sorry to those that like it, but does not do it for me. If this is going up against the S3 and Merc CLA saloon versions, then it’s the pig of the bunch in that beauty parade..

View attachment 192397

The exhaust back box can be painted Black if one so desires by a third party of course....Merc CLA and Saloon is pig frickin ugly....mate....l actually think the older one looked better of which l wasnt a fan of either....go watch reviews of the new A Class....especially the Car buyer one by Mr Batchelor...at least he doesnt hold back like a lot of them who get kick backs from car makershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqlDMEztXyI

The exhaust back box can be painted Black if one so desires by a third party of course....Merc CLA and Saloon is pig frickin ugly....mate....l actually think the older one looked better of which l wasnt a fan of either....go watch reviews of the new A Class....especially the Car buyer one by Mr Batchelor...at least he doesnt hold back like a lot of them who get kick backs from car makershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqlDMEztXyI

Lol, Mr Batchelor. Takes a certain eye to properly rip apart design details. Now't wrong with that and I don't disagree with any of his comments. I was talking about the CLA though pal, i.e. this one, up against your S3 saloon (1st place), CLA (2nd place, wouldn't have one though), and the 2 series Gran Coupe (looks like a bulldog licking it's own pee off a nettle - last place of the 3 by a country mile...)

1 mercedes benz cla 2019 rt hero front

Lol, Mr Batchelor. Takes a certain eye to properly rip apart design details. Now't wrong with that and I don't disagree with any of his comments. I was talking about the CLA though pal, i.e. this one, up against your S3 saloon (1st place), CLA (2nd place, wouldn't have one though), and the 2 series Gran Coupe (looks like a bulldog licking it's own pee off a nettle - last place of the 3 by a country mile...)

View attachment 192577
Been up close to this cla amg and l didnt like it at all and its was red ....l always wait till l see a car in the metal now before l make a final judgement on it

Been up close to this cla amg and l didnt like it at all and its was red ....l always wait till l see a car in the metal now before l make a final judgement on it

We’re making the same point pal. Don’t want one, wouldn’t have one :friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan

Surely we should be comparing the A3 Saloon with the A-Class Saloon, rather than the CLA? I know they are pretty much the same car, but the CLA is a bit longer, and shaped like a Banana. A35 AMG Saloon looks great. Would never consider a CLA.

Was at the petrol station on Sunday, and there was an A45 CLA AMG at the pumps. Was in White, and with all the Aero fins in Black etc stuck on it, it look absolutely Rubbish. If any car was trying to look all sporty and failing, this was it.

Think an A35 AMG Saloon without the Aero Pack, will look a nice car in the way the S3 Saloon looks a nice car.

Reactions: cuke2u

Interesting. So maybe wraps off late 2020, with customer sale mid 2021. So by that account, the next S3 should be available soon after the all new A3 launch.

And there are rumours the next Focus RS will be unveiled next year too. Said to be 400 bhp+ with Hybrid technology. The RS3 will win on build quality, and overall feel good factor. But (I'd guess) at over £50k basic spec, closer to £60k with options, the Focus will be seen as a bargain at around £40k'ish.

Then if the rumours of a Golf R-400 being built to take on the RS3 & A45S is true, then over the next year or so, there are going to be some seriously quick cars around. Might be the last time car's like this will be available to buy before loads of legislation is brought in to slow cars down.

Was listening to Chris Harris's podcasts, and many people in the car world are saying that cars have all become too fast, and they can see legislation coming in to slow them down. I never bother reading about the latest hypercars anymore. No interest in them at all.

I think in the real world, an RS3 is probably as quick as anyone realistically needs. I'm still tempted by a 911. But will go for a Carrera T. It only has 365 bhp, but mated to a manual gearbox, it's as fast as I'll need.

@wab172uk

EU are bringing in mandatory speed limiters for cars a bit like stop/start so you will have to manually turn it off every ignition cycle!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk