Next rs3

ice_cube99

Reaction score
Sold my Suzuka rs3 last year after putting a deposit on a house to get myself on the property ladder (get keys this week)

So was thinking of maybe ordering the A45 towards the end of the year. As I do like them, and I don't worry too much about one brand loyalty myself. They also look subtle like the rs3 without the added aero pack which u can add.

However could also be tempted to hold out for the new rs3 depending on when it comes next/if next year and obviously price.

I feel it will be lighter, also keeping the same 2.5l block and the exhausts look to be in the right place...

Would anyone consider trading there rs3 for a newer one if it happens?

Not going to ask about the A45 on this forum, prob won't get too much positive answers.

4FE2FCE6-6E21-4FFB-B693-42DE06A8E922.jpg

9A11C78D-AE8C-4606-A491-436DD1D3E077.jpg

full source New Audi RS3 2014 spied | Auto Express

Yes I know it's autoexpress, but surely can't be too far from the truth now...

Yes ice_cube99, I'll certainly be telling my Audi dealer of my interest in the 'new' RS3, but would only purchase were it to have a 3-door shell, and that ain't gonna happen. Everything else will be very much the same as is with only small changes here and there, and most of those will be cosmetic - like those twin exhaust tailpipes that I love, but I can live without those.

As for the A45, that's a great car too, but....

Reactions: Daytona3
Yes ice_cube99, I'll certainly be telling my Audi dealer of my interest in the 'new' RS3, but would only purchase were it to have a 3-door shell, and that ain't gonna happen. Everything else will be very much the same as is with only small changes here and there, and most of those will be cosmetic - like those twin exhaust tailpipes that I love, but I can live without those.

As for the A45, that's a great car too, but....

Yes..I think your right in that there won't be much changes made, but prob enough to make me think that our rs3s should have come like that in the first place...

Ps love the colour of yours! Defo one off special....

If I decide to take the plunge, will prob go for mica racing...

You's think it will be a limited run again? Or just order as you please...

I think it will be a limited run next time, and so it should.

2-weeks ago I was fortunate to meet the people who placed the order for my car (DK Engineering (Ferrari service/restoration)), and the statement reported from the Ferrari owning but individual standing with that said DK Eng ordering person was "that's the one car I should never have sold".

And I'm staying with that statement in my mind; Bluey and me are together for a long time to come.

MInd, all of the above is said by someone who owned a Lotus Elan Sprint for 37-years expecting to be buried in it... b

But Bluey and me are now in it for the long run: though not, maybe, 37-years... :friends:

Reactions: Daytona3, T-800 and DAYTONA 500
I think it maybe a 4 pot withe the concept ttr 420 hp engine?!?

Man (says Lewis), I'll need to see to on-road torque characteristics of that engine, rather than track, before that'd get me excited: think A45, know what I mean... :readit:

From what I've read elsewhere it will be the same 5 pot with a power hike to around 380bhp to beat the A45's power fairly convincingly.

Audi will also produce a special edition S3 with the tweaked 4 pot - producing 400-420bhp !

VW have just announced a similar Golf R model (R 400) with this tweaked 4-pot engine :

The Supercar Kids – VW Golf R400 Going Into Production!

Personally I'd have the standard Golf R over an A45 AMG .. :yes:

Reactions: Tuddie, DAYTONA 500 and 45bvtc
I think it will be a limited run next time, and so it should.

2-weeks ago I was fortunate to meet the people who placed the order for my car (DK Engineering (Ferrari service/restoration)), and the statement reported from the Ferrari owning but individual standing with that said DK Eng ordering person was "that's the one car I should never have sold".

And I'm staying with that statement in my mind; Bluey and me are together for a long time to come.

MInd, all of the above is said by someone who owned a Lotus Elan Sprint for 37-years expecting to be buried in it... b

But Bluey and me are now in it for the long run: though not, maybe, 37-years... :friends:

Exactly right John!! Why change it nothing comes close at the moment.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and 45bvtc
From what I've read elsewhere it will be the same 5 pot with a power hike to around 380bhp to beat the A45's power fairly convincingly.

Audi will also produce a special edition S3 with the tweaked 4 pot - producing 400-420bhp !

VW have just announced a similar Golf R model (R 400) with this tweaked 4-pot engine :

The Supercar Kids – VW Golf R400 Going Into Production!

Personally I'd have the standard Golf R over an A45 AMG .. :yes:

Golf r was originally my choice, but the lease deals on them, which have incidentally just finished have put me off. Will be a lot on the roads, compared to the mk6.

Think they were going for around £280, maintained for two years...

My concern over the new car is that it will have active suspension (which removes nearly all feedback) and be sanitised as a mass produced standard production line car and not a skunkworks special like ours

i suspect its going to be a normal line car because its being launced very early in the new models run, limited run skunkwork cars tend to be run out halo models in limited numbers

the risk with this make the car very competent and very dull/playstation game to drive like the A45

it needs to be 400bhp as well, 367 is not enough to warrant a 20 grand + hit imo

Now the R400 golf that looks very tempting although the TT 420 looks even better :D

Last edited:
Reactions: voorhees
For me there is no other car that suits my needs than my beloved RS3....and this is my second baby!

I have considered others but they don't score as all round as the RS3.

The new RS3 however does give a new proposition and I will certainly be keeping an eye on official release details and if I can spec one to my liking and get her for up to £45k then I will be seriously tempted. She does need to have a power upgrade though to help justify the change ;-)

Reactions: 45bvtc
Very much highly likely going to be the new 4 pot as previously mentioned due to the new chassis !
Sorry lads!
You may quote me on this!
The volvo lump has been done now!

1981 I think it was, standing in a cold and damp Welsh forest in the early morning, listening to Hannu Mikkola and Michele Mouton giving their 5-pot Audi quattro's due diligence is/was what done it for me; to think I'm now driving a machine delivering a similar noise (ok, with the secondary cats removed) then there's no way I'll be going back to a 4-pot.

Call it what you may, BLUEY's 5-pot acoustics has that tingling resonance that'll not be produced by any four, six, or eight pot lump.

There, I've said it again... Bluey and me are here for the long term...

4-pot CHEZ, that'll NOT be for me...

And I/we've a 4-pot ragtop TT (love this car too mind) as a reminder of how dull that 4-pot noise was/is.

These days they cheat. The Golf R and Audi S3 both have bulkhead speakers which add synthetic engine noise...

These days they cheat. The Golf R and Audi S3 both have bulkhead speakers which add synthetic engine noise...

That's why I'm into the RS3 now dbm.

In a short space of time (shorter than we currently think) that 5-pot internal combustion engine audio us RS3 petrol heads enjoy will turn into a 12/24 volt battery-motored BUZZ! And the added 'synthetic' audio will be to let others around know were near...

So enjoy what you/we have now.

+ more turbo lag as they keep pushing up the power from the E888.

No lag on the 5 pot.

1981 I think it was, standing in a cold and damp Welsh forest in the early morning, listening to Hannu Mikkola and Michele Mouton giving their 5-pot Audi quattro's due diligence is/was what done it for me; to think I'm now driving a machine delivering a similar noise (ok, with the secondary cats removed) then there's no way I'll be going back to a 4-pot.

Call it what you may, BLUEY's 5-pot acoustics has that tingling resonance that'll not be produced by any four, six, or eight pot lump.

There, I've said it again... Bluey and me are here for the long term...

4-pot CHEZ, that'll NOT be for me...

And I/we've a 4-pot ragtop TT (love this car too mind) as a reminder of how dull that 4-pot noise was/is.

totally agree, i got cold wet and muddy just to listen to this for 30 seconds lol

Audi Quattro Sport S1 Rally Group B "Total Tribute" - YouTube

although the R400 golf does sound impressive, so i am going to chuck a speculative deposit on one and see how they turn out

VW Golf R400 PS: 0-100 in 3.9 seconds, Top Speed 280 km/h - YouTube

Reactions: 45bvtc and CHEZ
totally agree, i got cold wet and muddy just to listen to this for 30 seconds lol

Audi Quattro Sport S1 Rally Group B "Total Tribute" - YouTube

although the R400 golf does sound impressive, so i am going to chuck a speculative deposit on one and see how they turn out

VW Golf R400 PS: 0-100 in 3.9 seconds, Top Speed 280 km/h - YouTube

But it's early morning Dave, chattering enthusiasts in the trees and that noise, in the distance, getting ever closer and then the lights searching out the forest track, silence and then noise, and then gone, the flash of the exhaust outlet, and that noise getting fainter, and that one but same word muttered from behind the trees...

I'm gonna be driving with that music in my ears for a long time yet...

A great video find, thanks...

I see Red Calipers on the test car, is it going to be a colour option like the new S3 offers.

4 cylinder E888 please lord no.

Reactions: fletch, DAYTONA 500 and 45bvtc
If its a 4 pot I for one will DEFINATLEY..........

NOT BE GETTING ONE.:sob:

Reactions: 45bvtc and fletch
Man, the guy at ~7 minutes is a grade 1 nut! Hanging on to the last second in the road to get a picture!

the fans where as mad as the drivers :) twice the power of modern rally cars with 1/10th of the traction, balls of steel and legendary skill required to drive a grp B

glad i got to witness them in anger

I really really really hope you're wrong :( ... but it seems latest reports are hinting at this :banghead:

Spied: Audi RS 3 Sportback + New Rumors of 2.0 TFSI High Output Power - Fourtitude.com

it fits in with the unlimited mass produced model and makes them a lot more money

i wonder if there will be a speaker upgrade for the engine bay, Item A1051 - soundkator upgade to sound a bit like a 5 cylinder engine, if your half asleep, and on LSD - £795.00

i will not be getting a 4 pot RS3, i will just wait for my warranty to run and do stage III and the ARBs etc

but there is a good chance the RS4/5 will be getting the 550bhp biturbo V6 so that would be ok :)

Hmm... Twin turbo V6 RS4... Now where have I heard that before? :)

How the world turns!

Engine technology, efficiency, etc then twin-turbos the way to go...

But a naturally aspirated Twin Cam on a pair of open Webers does it for me...

Ooops... wrong Forum :keule:

Yes well, erm :shrug:

OK! So a 5-pot off-beat does it for me every time.... While I love the sound of a straight-six; Vee-six, and flat-six; BLUEY's straight-five, with that off-beat 'warble', is the music that's gonna keep me sane! :kiss:

Reactions: wickedstef, RS3copilot, fanshu and 2 others
If its a 4 pot my decision will be closed as a firm NO and I will be hugely disappointed and surely the press will give this decision a hard time given this 5 pot is award winning year after year....surely not!?!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, T-800 and 45bvtc
Any ideas on whether it'll be a limited edition? At the time, I thought the RS5 would've been limited production but instead it hasnot been the case

Any ideas on whether it'll be a limited edition? At the time, I thought the RS5 would've been limited production but instead it hasnot been the case

Limited edition = salesman's bull**** to get you to buy whatever's available

Limited edition = salesman's bull**** to get you to buy whatever's available

I was hoping to go by more than a sales men's perspective and more to do with reliably sourced information.

In any case, I only have garage space for two cars which are both occupied so it might mean the S3 8P will have to go to make room for an RS3 as and when it is debuted.

The last weekend I have been to the car show on RS7, the manager sales there told me that his information told him the new RS3 is a 5-pot but no sedan. I hope the 5-pot info is correct.

I got told by my Audi dealer not so long ago that they are making the RS3 as a 3door and a saloon and a sportback because Audi didn't think the first RS3 was going to be so much of a hit hence why they made a extra 500. And he said they want to make the new RS3 to appeal to everyone. He's normally spot on he tell me what he sees at the Audi meetings they go to in Germany before cars get announced like the S1 he told me it was happening 2 years ago and he saw a working prototype last year so he knows his stuff. But I think they will only do the sportback and the saloon. Saloon because there's no rs4 saloon but that's just my 2 pence worth.

If there is a RS3 saloon, I think people will like it, but definitely it needs to be a 5-pot engine!

Is this a trend of downsizing and the new RS4 will be using this 5-pot putting longitudinally for the torsen 4WD and produce 470-480ps??
And reduce the weight to below 1700kg?

Is this a trend of downsizing and the new RS4 will be using this 5-pot putting longitudinally for the torsen 4WD and produce 470-480ps??
And reduce the weight to below 1700kg?

audi have said it will be a biturbo V6, they had one out at a stand somewhere, saying it was running 550bhp

Next Audi RS 4 to get twin-turbo V6? | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

they will probably detune it for the RS4 and use it at full power in the 6/7/8

Reactions: fanshu
I got told by my Audi dealer not so long ago that they are making the RS3 as a 3door and a saloon and a sportback because Audi didn't think the first RS3 was going to be so much of a hit hence why they made a extra 500. And he said they want to make the new RS3 to appeal to everyone. He's normally spot on he tell me what he sees at the Audi meetings they go to in Germany before cars get announced like the S1 he told me it was happening 2 years ago and he saw a working prototype last year so he knows his stuff. But I think they will only do the sportback and the saloon. Saloon because there's no rs4 saloon but that's just my 2 pence worth.

They made 500 and then made an extra 250 due to demand....

Check this out for what the next RS3 might be like if we are lucky...

The air brake at ~1:43 is outrageous!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jimojameso and warren_S5