Nightbreaker Plus or Philips Diamond Vision Bulbs!

reepers

Reaction score
i had osrams are ok whiter thank standard but i know the philips are brighter

I just fitted some Nightbreakers and to be honest was a little disappointed as I was expecting a pure white light but what I have is still a slightly yellow light - maybe marginally better than standard, I dont know as I never did a compare at night :)

I got Osrams in my B5 lights and they are alot better than before.
A nice white light and bright.
Can't fault them.

Never used the Philips, so can't really compaire.

Those eBay ones are cheap! Anyone know if they're any good?

I've had both the Osrams and the Philips Diamond Visions and the Philips are BY FAR the whitest, with good light output. I had them on my last car and they matched my Xenon dipped beams perfectly. The Osram bulbs were very disappointing and although whiter than the OE yellow 'candle powers' they were still very yellow when you looked at them alongside Xenons. :wub: x

I got some Osram night breakers and they are disappointing to say the least. The light is yellow and they aren't that bright. I actually noticed when I removed the original bulbs that they were Osram as well so it was probably a completely pointless exercise.

All the pics I've seen of Diamond visions look pretty good and I was about to order them but decided to order the ones that Wez has posted the link to. For £7 they've got to be worth a punt and the pic that one of the other members posted looked good. I'll be fitting them tomorrow so if you want to wait i'll update with my verdict.

Just don't bother wasting your money on Osram night breakers in the mean time.

I've had both the Osrams and the Philips Diamond Visions and the Philips are BY FAR the whitest, with good light output. I had them on my last car and they matched my Xenon dipped beams perfectly. The Osram bulbs were very disappointing and although whiter than the OE yellow 'candle powers' they were still very yellow when you looked at them alongside Xenons. :wub: x

Exactly what I think too

There's a member on here who has just bought these

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Supposed to be just as White as the philips and osram, but for £6 odd delivered, might be worth a punt!

Hey Wez, I had a wee look at the Ebay seller's feedback and there seem to be quite a few buyers saying that the light output and colour wasn't any better than their original OE bulbs. I've noticed loads of bulbs on Ebay that are marked 5000K, but the feedback on a lot of the cheaper ones suggests that the real Kelvin temperature isn't anywhere near 5000K, which is a brilliant, pure white light. As you say though, at that price, might be worth a go. Hope you're doing well, Sweetie :wub: xx

Yeah, it's definitely a punt Paullie.

Not sure how long they'll last either but the pics posted by another member looked ok re output.

I'll give them a try for £7, if it's a fail then I'll try the philips.

I want to upgrade all the halogens at the front before winter, including fogs.

Also they'll look nicer with my LED sides. Hopefully!

Pics of the ebay cheap and cheerfuls down around post number 34 on this thread
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/131455-alexs-rowdy-red-audi.html

They look pretty good but you can never tell with pics. Chris that posted the pics seems to be happy with them.

Yeah Buddy, they do look pretty white to me too, going by Alex's piccies. Some Ebay buyers can be over fussy and some others just want to scam their money back, so report to Ebay 'Item Not As Described', so they get to keep the item, get a refund and leave negative feedback for the poor guy selling. If I was looking for bulbs, I think I'd deffo give them a go for the sake of £6 a set, regardless of how long they last.

Philips Diamond Vision are amazing, but they aren't cheap. Also, for anyone considering PIAA Extreme White bulbs, ..DON'T DO IT!! These are the whitest Road Legal E marked bulbs PIAA do, but they cost around £50 a pair (I spent/wasted £110 on a set of sidelights, dips and main beams) and they are still only slightly less yellow than OEM bulbs, ..SO disappointing. I've tried so many brands now and would only recommend Diamond Visions and would say that these Ebay specials are worth a go for the money, going by Alex's pics of them. :wub: x

Last edited:
There's a member on here who has just bought these

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Supposed to be just as White as the philips and osram, but for £6 odd delivered, might be worth a punt!

Tempted to give these a go! will prob buy 1 pair jsut for now, although i think ill be needing 2 wont i? 1 set for dipped 1 set for main beam.

If all fails then ill give the Diamond Visions a go!!! <3 u all :)

Ordered them, bought 2 pairs lmao.... ill be sure to get day and night pics up as soon as i have these! :)

I just got the diamond vision for the dipped beam and they look great, need to be aligned though!

Has anyone fitted Diamond vision for main beam as well? Yellow light alongside diamond vision looks terrible

I just fitted the cheap eBay White bulbs, I'm really impressed with the colour, not at all yellow

hope they last!

Just need to buy 2 more set now, H7's for both the mains and fogs. :)

[SUP][/SUP]I looked up Diamond Vision's in H11 to fit my front fogs.

£50!?

Mark, the best white sidelights I've come across without using led's are the PIAA ones. I'll warn you now though, they are not cheap...

Last edited:
I've just fitted Osram night breaker plus bulbs in my fog lights, supposedly at least 10% whiter than OEM. Very good light dispersion on the road. But £50, my verdict, save your money. I'll get some photos this weekend.

Hmmm, wanted some H11s to match the DRLs when coming home lights are on.

Decisions decisions!

I've just fitted Osram night breaker plus bulbs in my fog lights, supposedly at least 10% whiter than OEM. Very good light dispersion on the road. But £50, my verdict, save your money. I'll get some photos this weekend.
H11s mate?

Yes facelift is H11 as I've gathered!

I've just ordered some Philips diamond vision JDM spec items for £50 (ouch)

i may sell my night breakers got some side light free with them

anyone got compare pic with diamond vision fitted ? I would like to improve my standard halogen bulbs aswell, 50 pounds for low and high beam doesnt look that bad imo

Throwing another bulb in the mix, osram cool blue hyper white (DV equivalent) pictured on the left compared with nightbreaker on the right

Cheaper than DV bulbs as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just ordered some diamond visions, I'll get some pictures up when they arrive. Does Trups do led sidelights then?

Yep he does, I've got them installed in the pic above, they look good!

Spot on, hopefully he'll see this, as I can't send PMs at the mo since it got changed to 15 posts. Think I'll be needing some to match the diamond visions.

Anyone tried Philips Blue Vision LED W5W T10 6000k (Twin Pack) for the side lights?

I put in the diamond vision 5000k H7 for dipped beam and they transform the car, pity the yellow side light W5W bulb is on at the same time.

Any pics or thoughts on which are the best white light Xenon look side lights?

Last edited:
Paul can you get some pics of them please, I need some white dips and main beam to match the white LED side lights I have!

I've got LED side lights and the cheap £7 ebay H7 white bulbs match really well!

Can't argue for the price

Paul can you get some pics of them please, I need some white dips and main beam to match the white LED side lights I have!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2794569/5000k 1.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2794569/5000k 2.JPG

I was just out in the car and with the auto lights coming on when you unlock I couldn't tell the difference when walking up to the back of the car between them and the Xenons in my R32.

The look of the lamp is a giveaway from the front but colourwise they are a match for 5000k Xenons

Just need to get the W5W to match now.

Anyone got a photo of the Diamond Vision H7 used for full beam?

I'm delighted with the diamond vision, Xenon upgrade for a €1000 has been crossed off my list!