No Bose Pin On Existing Wiring

alextdi

Reaction score
Hi guys.... retrofitted an RNS-E to an '05 8P which I've coded for BOSE and everything seems to be working as it should however I've got the coding pin fault code coming up.

Checking the wiring expecting to just do the pin change but it seems there is no 'bose' cable going to the iso connector that I'd expect to see according to the wiring diagram on the symphony HU that was in there before. What does the BOSE pin actually do and were there some older cars that didn't have the cable?

Before anyone says are you sure someone hasn't just stuck the BOSE speaker grills on its listed on the original sales invoice so I hope everything is as it should be :)

20140819 1829211

Sorry to say but you don't have Bose. On Bose sound systems all the speakers are powered off the AMP so you won't have the the brown plug (brown plug powers the front speakers) Looks like someone has just fitted the Bose labeled speaker grills (if they do say Bose). Just code the radio for a standard sound system. Sales invoices can be wrong,and will be if someone see's Bose on the speaker grills

Cheers B5NUT... just ran outside as I was like surely not and you are indeed correct. No BOSE sub or amp. I've got the original sales invoice when the car was ordered and delivered and the 1st owner paid for BOSE there's even a faded BOSE inscription on the inside of the windscreen at the top right. I imagine somehow it never got fitted... just my luck.