no fuel pressure on right bank 3.0 tdi v6 b7

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had to remove pretty much everything off the top of the engine in order to change out the oil cooler gasket (metal one). And the fuel pump was removed.

And after putting everything back together and replacing the fuel filter etc I'm not getting any fuel pressure out of the right bank. I had a mechanic round to try his diagnostic tool (not a vagcom system) and I'm still getting air in the system. We also tried clearing air by opening the rails one by one and starting the car but to no avail.

So I'm looking for ideas on what to try next? , we've tried a few things I found online but no joy

Also does anyone know if a cloned vagcom system would work to clear the air lock? or would do I need to bite the bullet and pay the 300 for a system i'll probably never need again except for service lights.

Cheers

thats wierd everything go back exactly as removed?

double check all the joints,

did you fill the fuel filter before fitting they can be a **** to bleed if not, might just have loads of air left in the whole system

well I'm not gonna get to the car again till tuesday at best got two cars due mot next week.
So I reckon I'm gonna replace the high pressure pump and because I just started the car dry, I'm going to take everything off again make sure there's no metal particles flush the injectors etc. Then reinstall everything fill up the fuel filter then run the pump through vagcom.

After running the pump through vagcom the other day I did see an air bubble in the clear tube so even with all the efforts we've done to clear the system it definitely still has air in the system