No hands left

Peter Metcalf

Monkey magic
Reaction score
Well today I attempted to fit the led indicator bulbs what a complete nightmare, I started it late which was a bad start, up against diminishing light, managed to get passenger side done but couldn't for the life of me get the drivers side in, in the process I managed to break the little black lugs off the holder, I don't know if this is the reason it won't turn in the car, I removed the air box to give me more room to manoeuvre, but that didn't help,
167981e3d97b7604a7b05445a2705639.jpg
why the hell has Audi made it so difficult to replace a bulb I presume I've got to take the light out which in turn means bumper off doesn't it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why the hell has Audi made it so difficult to replace a bulb I presume I've got to take the light out which in turn means bumper off doesn't it

It is a pain in situ, on my previous B8 A4 I would take the headlight out every time, was very easy.
I thought about taking my c7 headlight out to change the all weather bulb, but on the pass' side that one bulb was easy.
I'd say the C7 headlight looks as easy to get out as the B8 was, just 3 torq T20 I think.

Well today I attempted to fit the led indicator bulbs what a complete nightmare, I started it late which was a bad start, up against diminishing light, managed to get passenger side done but couldn't for the life of me get the drivers side in, in the process I managed to break the little black lugs off the holder, I don't know if this is the reason it won't turn in the car, I removed the air box to give me more room to manoeuvre, but that didn't help,

I'm interested as to how you get the second bulb in
I'm waiting to do mine, and thinking of removing the full headlight (praying it's the same as the A4 to remove)

I've looked at the headlight there's two torx screws at the top then one I can see behind the bumper so looks like that needs to come off I was hoping I could get away with that, but looks likely, my hands are in a right mess, I just can't believe there that stupid to have access to the bulb in such an awkward area

Reactions: scottshere and Alex jb
I swapped the Orange LED "O"ring with the 1 from the standard Bulb and Found they locked in Place ok, But still lost half the skin on my Fingers ..

Cheers Rabie I'll give that a go it's worth a try I'm just unsure if the black tabs have anything to do with it

Cheers Rabie I'll give that a go it's worth a try I'm just unsure if the black tabs have anything to do with it

I found doing it a Few time's with No "O" ring gave u a feel of how to do it, still very tight , But easy to turn into lock position , The Original O ring doesn't' seem as Thick as the LED one... Which could be the reason a lot of people have been having problems ..

I'll let my hands heal lol then will give it a go got passenger side in but couldn't fit the life of me get to turn the drivers side original went in with a struggle but that's why I think the little black tabs that broke off could also be an issue

I think the Clips are a By product of the holder being used for something Ells/Different Light Housing, As there's no way on this planet ud be able to use them inside the Light housing .

Reactions: Peter Metcalf
I'll let my hands heal lol then will give it a go got passenger side in but couldn't fit the life of me get to turn the drivers side original went in with a struggle but that's why I think the little black tabs that broke off could also be an issue

Persist with it, They look good when Fitted, Lot brighter than the originals and u Can't see any orange when looking to the front Of the car :)

Even looking at your Pic, The LED O ring looks fat compared to the original , Get the Micrometer out :)

To be honest I couldn't really see a difference as I've got one halogen and one led in, but that could be from the tears streaming down my face, from shredding the skin off my hands lol, but your right about looking from the front

Reactions: GavG, Rhyso, scottshere and 1 other person
To be honest I couldn't really see a difference as I've got one halogen and one led in, but that could be from the tears
emoji24.png
streaming down my face, from shredding the skin off my hands lol, but your right about looking from the front

Have you managed to Get both Fitted Yet ...

No going to re attempt this weekend when my hand has healed a bit better lol
d0e8bf3befd958eb13a04644384bdf26.jpg

Reactions: GavG and Rab.
They're the sort of injuries I used to get working in the engine bay of my wee mid-engined MG, to get them trying to change a bulb is nothing short of scandalous :grinning::grinning:

Well today I attempted to refit the drivers side led indicator first attempt couldn't turn it all the way so Trups advised me to try it without the rubber o ring and hey presto bit of a mighty turn and it located into the headlight holder, I'm now one happy bunny while the air filter was out I replaced that aswell due to the fact the old one was black and grimy

Reactions: mcwharam, Rab. and Rhyso
Un-scheduled filter change... you rebel!
Glad you got it done, I may get some H7 LED's and give it a go

Reactions: Peter Metcalf
Any pics?

It will have to be this weekend I'll get some due to the fact I go to work in the dark and get home in the dark lol I hate this time of year