No heater blower. Not motor or resistor

christopher barnes

Reaction score
Hi guys, noticed my heater blower wasnt working, all direction and heat ok. No a/c. I tested the fan using a 12v supply which was fine so i then lazily ordered the heater resistor thinking that this was the fault.
Fitted the new one and again no blower, so I started re testing the fuses which all tested ok using a multimeter, this time i actually took the fuses out. When i removed fuse number 5, the blower started working, alas the A/c wasnt cold tho, put the fuse back in snd the blower stops again (5 amp fuse is fine). Could someone point me in the right direction as I cannot find any info on this. I have ordered a VAGCOM disc so I can scan the car. Ive left the fuse out so at least I have heat available. Picture of the fusebox lid, its fuse number 5, AC, heating diesel.
20190316 101517

Cheers

Hi guys, noticed my heater blower wasnt working, all direction and heat ok. No a/c. I tested the fan using a 12v supply which was fine so i then lazily ordered the heater resistor thinking that this was the fault.
Fitted the new one and again no blower, so I started re testing the fuses which all tested ok using a multimeter, this time i actually took the fuses out. When i removed fuse number 5, the blower started working, alas the A/c wasnt cold tho, put the fuse back in snd the blower stops again (5 amp fuse is fine). Could someone point me in the right direction as I cannot find any info on this. I have ordered a VAGCOM disc so I can scan the car. Ive left the fuse out so at least I have heat available. Picture of the fusebox lid, its fuse number 5, AC, heating diesel.View attachment 177837

Cheers
Hi Christopher, sorry about resurrecting your old post. The exact same thing is happening to me. Changed relay with no luck and tested blower via direct to 12v and it runs fine. Did you figure out what was wrong with your blower? Cheers!