Facelift No heating on foot well?

mike260193

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently moved from Florida (USA) to Connecticut(USA), never really had the need to use that much the heater, however winter is coming and I just realized that my 2015 A3 when I turn on the heater and turn on the foot fan or whatever that's called, no hot air is coming out, however when done for cooling I believe it does work.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue ? Or it's normal.

Even my wife's Mazda 3 has heater on foot well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My 2014 UK Sportback doesn't heat the footwell area very well. Probably an A3 trait.

Both my S3 and 19 RS3 are the same, footwell blower hardly blows when the window or dash vents are on at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neil C
Have you closed the dash vents manually to see if you can feel more heat in the footwell?
When I have the heat on I set it to the footwell and windscreen option with vents closed. I think it spreads the heat more even this way

Have you closed the dash vents manually to see if you can feel more heat in the footwell?
When I have the heat on I set it to the footwell and windscreen option with vents closed. I think it spreads the heat more even this way
Yes I have tried that but same result

Scanned today with obdeleven and got the attached error, does anyone know what happens if I clear it ? Or is there a way to reset the "actuator"
043f78e2be86d8100a9976c9b46da5e5.jpg

Clear the error and if the error shows up again after another scan then i would get it looked at.

I have same problem with my 16 A3 . Any suggestions ?

There is a known issue with flap motors on the HVAC system for the 8V. First step is to save the fault codes, clear them and then run the end stop calibration within basic settings. Usually this fixes the issue the first time. If the fault returns, most likely issue with the flap motor. There are quite a few threads on them. This one was most recent:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...from-passenger-side-vents-with-a-c-on.419746/