No internet connection, key user locked ......

Diazro

Reaction score
So after 3 months from purchase of my Audi A6 40TDI quattro black editionin UK, registered September 2020, I ran into the first issues. Thanks God I do not have no squeaky noises from the dash as this seems to be an issue from the earlier versions of the car, pre covid ;-), now my car does not want to connect to the internet, unable to log in into myAudi account in the car and unable to remove the key user. So after restoring factory settings I received the error as "The following could not be reset" but doesnt say what exactly. I deleted my car from my Audi account I tried to delete myself as a key user to start from fresh to see if the the car will be able to connect, but no success. So at this point, for over 3 weeks I have no internet, no google via satellite navigation, no map updates as no online services, the weather folder as it disappeared from the main MMI folders. I've been in contact with Audi connect over the phone but they do not give solutions over the phone, only by email but it is a very painful slow process, where they ask you for screenshots (photos) of the issue an then wait like 2 weeks for a reply. I've tried to speak with the local Audi dealer but they advise to speak with Audi Connect because of type of issue. If no solution after new year I will have to make a formal complain as car in warranty
Any of you had issues with internet connections, car unable to connect, or unable to login into your account, or any solutions??
Cheers

Few suggestions:

1) On the car's upper MMI screen, do you get a signal bar showing 3G/LTE signal level? If you don't, that suggests a possible hardware fault inside the car, eg faulty eSim or the eSim hasn't been activated correctly as part of Audi Connect subscription.

2) I suggest getting in touch with the Audi dealer who supplied the vehicle as they will have activated Audi Connect using the codes on the key fobs. They may have cocked up somewhere, don't let them fob you off.

I still get the 3G signal level, but the car doesn't connect, doesn't allow me to login to Audi Account and seems like doesn't allow to remove the key user. I will get in touch with the local Audi dealer as part of warranty, unfortunately the dealer I bought the car is like 150 miles away (2h30' drive) - as it was the best deal I could get in that time in UK, si I will go local

Thanks. Are you able to login to my.audi.com on a PC web browser? Forget about the Audi app on the smartphone for now, you have to make sure you can login to my.audi.com on a PC first. If not, are you not able to create a new account on my.audi.com?

Also, I'm well aware that the Audi warranty is nationwide so obviously in theory any Audi dealer should fix your issues under warranty. However, in your case, it seems Audi Connect has never worked from day 1 and for that, the responsibility lies with the supplying dealer if they didn't set it up properly. Or in other words, the supplying dealer didn't carry out the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) on your car correctly if they handed over the car to you with Audi Connect non functioning.

As inconvenient as it might be, I strongly suggest taking car back to the supplying dealer and make it clear to them that Audi Connect has never worked from day 1 - you'll find they will almost certainly take ownership of this issue rather than fobbing you off as your local Audi dealer seems to be doing.

I am able to login in the pc, but the car is not link to my account as not able to login from my car. The car worked fine for 3 months, with no issues, all features working well, just suddenly stopped connecting to the internet. It will be easy to create a new account but my car is locked with my name as a key user so no hope, unable to remove the current key user

I’d you can get into the app on phone check your licenses to see if they are correct. Mine showed (Demo) for a while until the dealer sorted the license me out then it gave me 3 years.

it’s in All equipment details/Services & Licenses

Has your phone changed? Or if you have an iPhone has your iOS changed?

I got a new iPhone and it played up for a while. I remove the MyAudi App and Reset Network settings (which is a bit of a pain as you lose all your WiFi connections) on my phone and that sorted it.

OP, who have you set your 'Your Audi Partner' to in the MyAudi app? That should really be your original dealer whom you bought the car off and who set up Audi Connect - even if you're not planning on using them for anything. I say this because if i change 'Your Audi partner' in the app to Highland Audi (local dealer whom I use for servicing, repairs etc) then Audi Connect doesn't work properly but changing it to Audi Grimsby -supplying dealer located 400+ miles away - gives me full functionality of Audi Connect again. Just something to be aware of.

So after 3 months from purchase of my Audi A6 40TDI quattro black editionin UK, registered September 2020, I ran into the first issues. Thanks God I do not have no squeaky noises from the dash as this seems to be an issue from the earlier versions of the car, pre covid ;-), now my car does not want to connect to the internet, unable to log in into myAudi account in the car and unable to remove the key user. So after restoring factory settings I received the error as "The following could not be reset" but doesnt say what exactly. I deleted my car from my Audi account I tried to delete myself as a key user to start from fresh to see if the the car will be able to connect, but no success. So at this point, for over 3 weeks I have no internet, no google via satellite navigation, no map updates as no online services, the weather folder as it disappeared from the main MMI folders. I've been in contact with Audi connect over the phone but they do not give solutions over the phone, only by email but it is a very painful slow process, where they ask you for screenshots (photos) of the issue an then wait like 2 weeks for a reply. I've tried to speak with the local Audi dealer but they advise to speak with Audi Connect because of type of issue. If no solution after new year I will have to make a formal complain as car in warranty
Any of you had issues with internet connections, car unable to connect, or unable to login into your account, or any solutions??
Cheers
I started to experience the same problem in my A6 C8 (no internet connection via e-SIM, no Audi Connect services, WIFI hot-spot does not provide internet access etc). All was working fine since I picked up a car from dealer. Official Audi Service does not have any idea about the cause of the problem. Have you managed somehow to fix it in the meantime?

So picked up my car yesterday and can’t even log into the MMI, today still no job even after receiving email advising I’m setup as key user. Anyone else got any input? Spoke with the Audi digital team whom think it could be a hardware fault?

Diazro, have you got this issue sorted. My21 Q5 has exactly the same issue.

So with mine, the dealer didn’t take it out of delivery mods properly, all works fine now…

Diazro, have you got this issue sorted. My21 Q5 has exactly the same issue.
My 21 Q5 has this issue also, I’m waiting for Audi to ring me to get it booked in to be fixed, apparently it’s a connect issue with the car.

Hello everyone,

I had the same problem as you guys. No data transfer at all. No traffic updates, no Google search, 3G logo was there but no internet connection what so ever. Not even able to delete the key user to complete the factory reset. All pointing to an issue with eSIM in the car. Dealer was clueless and less than helpful. Took me 3 days to convince them this is a real issue (you don't really want to know the dirty details).

Anyways, after feeding the dealer with lots of forum discussions and proving that 100s of owners having the same issue, they finally contacted Germany tech and within half a day they instructed the dealer to change two components J949 and J533 and everything was back to normal. Not sure what these parts are but seems like related to the eSIM.

Attached you can see the repair report. Hope this helps the ones experiencing the same problem as mine.

Cheers, Jake (Majid)

Cause

C/S HE'S ABLE TO SEE VEHICLE'S STATUS FROM THE PHONE APP SINCE YESTERDAY'S REPAIR, BUT STILL CAN'T LOGIN TO THE MMI FROM THE VEHICLE, THERE'S NO TRAFFIC INFO/GOOGLE SEARCH. PORTAL SHOWS INFOTAINMENT SERVICES NOT CONNECTED, SAFETY & SERVICE IS GOOD IN GREEN. THE 10 CHARACTER AUDI CONNECT CODE IS KEREBHXLBD. CLIENT ASKED TO ADD 3 USERS. 10 DIGIT CAR/RADIO CODE xxxxxxxxxx.

Correction

CONFIRMED CUSTOMER COMPLAINT. CANNOT LOGIN TO AUDI CONNECT. TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES WITH CUSTOMER CREDENTIALS. CONTACTED TAC LINE. TAC LINE RECCOMENDS TO REMOVE J949 AND J533. REMOVE BATTERY FROM J939 AND LET SIT FOR 4 HOURS. AFTERWARDS CHECK OPERATION. CONTINUNING DIAGNOSIS. AFTER 4 HOURS RE INSTALLED J533 AND J949 MODULES. OPERATION IS BACK ONLINE AND LTE IS UP AND RUNNING. MAPS FUNCTION CORRECTLY. REMOVED ALL KEY USERS AND SUBMITTED ALL INFORMATION VIA AUDI CONNECT ONLINE. VERIFIED INFORMATION AND SAVED. HAVE CUSTOMER LOGIN VIA KEY CODE AND EMAIL. ONLY ONE KEY USER SHOULD BE USED AND THE REST BE INPUTTED AS GUESTS.

Attachments

• 20220813_215641.jpg
    20220813_215641.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I had the same problem as you guys. No data transfer at all. No traffic updates, no Google search, 3G logo was there but no internet connection what so ever. Not even able to delete the key user to complete the factory reset. All pointing to an issue with eSIM in the car. Dealer was clueless and less than helpful. Took me 3 days to convince them this is a real issue (you don't really want to know the dirty details).

Anyways, after feeding the dealer with lots of forum discussions and proving that 100s of owners having the same issue, they finally contacted Germany tech and within half a day they instructed the dealer to change two components J949 and J533 and everything was back to normal. Not sure what these parts are but seems like related to the eSIM.

Attached you can see the repair report. Hope this helps the ones experiencing the same problem as mine.

Cheers, Jake (Majid)

Cause

C/S HE'S ABLE TO SEE VEHICLE'S STATUS FROM THE PHONE APP SINCE YESTERDAY'S REPAIR, BUT STILL CAN'T LOGIN TO THE MMI FROM THE VEHICLE, THERE'S NO TRAFFIC INFO/GOOGLE SEARCH. PORTAL SHOWS INFOTAINMENT SERVICES NOT CONNECTED, SAFETY & SERVICE IS GOOD IN GREEN. THE 10 CHARACTER AUDI CONNECT CODE IS KEREBHXLBD. CLIENT ASKED TO ADD 3 USERS. 10 DIGIT CAR/RADIO CODE xxxxxxxxxx.

Correction

CONFIRMED CUSTOMER COMPLAINT. CANNOT LOGIN TO AUDI CONNECT. TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES WITH CUSTOMER CREDENTIALS. CONTACTED TAC LINE. TAC LINE RECCOMENDS TO REMOVE J949 AND J533. REMOVE BATTERY FROM J939 AND LET SIT FOR 4 HOURS. AFTERWARDS CHECK OPERATION. CONTINUNING DIAGNOSIS. AFTER 4 HOURS RE INSTALLED J533 AND J949 MODULES. OPERATION IS BACK ONLINE AND LTE IS UP AND RUNNING. MAPS FUNCTION CORRECTLY. REMOVED ALL KEY USERS AND SUBMITTED ALL INFORMATION VIA AUDI CONNECT ONLINE. VERIFIED INFORMATION AND SAVED. HAVE CUSTOMER LOGIN VIA KEY CODE AND EMAIL. ONLY ONE KEY USER SHOULD BE USED AND THE REST BE INPUTTED AS GUESTS.
Glad you got it sorted. Hopefully this post will assist other owners rectify this issue, if it has occurred on their vehicles.

I have internet now, but every now and again I am able to locate the car via the app but the car doesn't connect to the internet via google maps, news or weather. The solution I found that is working is to reset the MMI by holding the volume button till both screens goes black, switch off the engine after reset and then the car will work. A real pain .....

Yes ..all sorted you just need to speak with Audi connect via email, or phone! They sort out the issue for me

If I remember correctly they sort out the issue from their end.....