No menu?

alibomaye

Reaction score
All right.Stupid question everyone.
A3 1.9 TDI BKC from 12/2004
Checked the manual,saw other posts,watched some videos but i cant get my A3 to show its DIS.I just want the digital speedometer and to change the system language without the ise of vcds.
Tried pressing the ok reset button many times,tried to search through range,average consumption,average speed but no speedometer or menu at all.
Please help.

Might need some coding to be changed, or have you got the dash with pictures? rather than like this

Attachments

• 2019-01-12 19.01.16.jpg
    2019-01-12 19.01.16.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
Hopefully just some vcds coding that needs changing, IIRC @NHN YOu change the dash to rest of the world to get the big speedo

Reactions: alibomaye
I think the various menus are dependent on the rom/firmware in the clocks. They may just need "awakening" with new coding

I think the various menus are dependent on the rom/firmware in the clocks. They may just need "awakening" with new coding
So,if i got it correct,if i change the dash to the rest of the world and other changes that i might want, i'll awake the menu feature.

It should do they are just dormant till activated, mine was

Reactions: alibomaye
Does your wiper stalk have rocker buttons on the end, if not then that'll be why & needs installing to be able to change options.

Does your wiper stalk have rocker buttons on the end, if not then that'll be why & needs installing to be able to change options.
i have one.no options.only range,gas consumption and other stuff,but no menu or speedometer.
One friend of mine said that those options were introduced in 2007 and the dash number endings matter:
ending with : 930-no menu no speedometer
930g- small menu
931-speedometer,menu and codable needle sweep
so maybe i cant do anything about it.

Either you can code the dis to show more options or you may require a combo of coding, steering module upgrade & dis upgrade, ideally get vcds on it to check what options you have.

Either you can code the dis to show more options or you may require a combo of coding, steering module upgrade & dis upgrade, ideally get vcds on it to check what options you have.
Thank you!Will come back with an update in a few weeks.