No more RS models

[ QUOTE ]
xmaslolly said:
i think it depends on how you read it so i wouldnt panic its sound more like they are going to concentrate on making there cars faster by trying to reduce the weight and making them handle better surely that is better in the long run than just putting bigger and bigger engines in them ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably agree with you... although it nice to have some raw power on straight lines.

G

Just read in latest copy of Autocar that RS models will be left to A4 and A6 platforms only, so looks like there's gonna be no RS3, but we can still hope right?

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Just read in latest copy of Autocar that RS models will be left to A4 and A6 platforms only, so looks like there's gonna be no RS3, but we can still hope right?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

G

This will the car they sold recently I guess.

An S3 with a RS4 engine and drive train.

I see bmw have shoehorned the 3.0 into the little 1 series surely they wouldn't produce a m1 now as it will affect sales of the 130i?

...but you could of said that about the 3 series too couldnt you? There is also going to be a turbo charged 330 coupe and the standard 330 is up to something like 255-265 bhp on the new 3 series - official BM figures

Dunc

still don't think there's much of a market for both m1 and 130i in the golf class,but then you could say this about the a3 with the 3.2q.
bmw and turbo!!!treading on audi's toes!

[ QUOTE ]
still don't think there's much of a market for both m1 and 130i in the golf class,but then you could say this about the a3 with the 3.2q.
bmw and turbo!!!treading on audi's toes!

[/ QUOTE ]

BMW wanna dominate every section of the market and look intent on doing it to. Why have a 330 and M3 at the end of the day money talks....people will buy both a 130 and M1 if available its just down to money and taste at the end of the day.

i'm afraid its true a freind of mine had placed a deposit on a RS3 a year ago and has had the money refunded to him........he was told there will be no such model built afterall.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm afraid its true a freind of mine had placed a deposit on a RS3 a year ago and has had the money refunded to him........he was told there will be no such model built afterall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the way dealers / audi take people's money as a deposit for something that might or might not be built... I wonder how much interest they gained on all the deposits they took....

I think you're beeing a little harsh. I've had a deposit on an RS3 for nearly 2 years. OK, the stealer has had £500 of mine for 2 years, so has probably made £50 in interest out of me in that time.

However, if they had decided to build the RS3 and say it was restricted production, I'm quite happy to loose £50 to guarantee I'd get one.

Just my opinion.

You think they'd be a limited edition if they do make one?

[ QUOTE ]
You think they'd be a limited edition if they do make one?

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno - probably not given that the original RS2 was the only one with a limited production run. Worth a gamble in my opinion. Perhaps I've got more money than sense? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif